Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Easter Ball

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Easter Ball - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Can we maybe get a lively fiddle tune or two for us poor uncultured Micks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Seamus O'Flynn wrote:

Absolutely not. Emile is a fine upstanding gentleman and would never allow it. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Chantilly wrote:

Absolutely not. Emile is a fine upstanding gentleman and would never allow it. Razz

Quite right! And for you viewing pleasure:Easter Ball - Page 3 Invite2

Last edited by Émile deMontfort on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:54 pm

Seamus O'Flynn wrote:

Well for those that stay past the 3 hour mark the orchestra turns into you local sea shanty and fiddle group. Think of it as the ball is winding down and someone finds some instruments around. But this is a formal ball so the majority is very "prim and proper"

You can plan a shindig next time Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:11 pm

I like the progression you've got going on. Don't mind me we're just bloody mad for those fiddles. Oh and Emile Tres Swank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:26 pm

Seamus O'Flynn wrote:
Don't mind me I'm just bloody mad

Fixed that for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:28 pm

So.... any thoughts on the invitation above...?
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:40 pm

I really like the invite. The only thing I would suggest is to maybe replace Sirs and Madams with Mesdames et Messieurs. Everyone will still know what it means, but it's just a nice reminder that the French are hosting this, and it gives a little flavor, I think. But I'll be ruled by the majority. Love the look of it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Marcus Villnius wrote:
You can plan a shindig next time Razz

I'm seriously considering throwing a spring break party at Black Point. It already has kegs and a gorgeous beach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Hm... seems as if editing is going to be a problem... I was using a free trail of photoshop that was expired but let me use it just once more. And I Xed out without thinking about the whole editing process... so... that's the final version! Very Happy

In other news, I discovered the student version of photoshop is only $200 (compared to almost $1000). I went ahead and bought it, and it's in the mail (box only, unfortunately). But when I get it, I'll be able to make flags and sails again Very Happy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:56 am

One i like the invite, Two you are so about to be my sail and flag making biatch err i mean my very good friend the flagmaker Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 am

The invite is awsome. Good job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 6:50 am

If I remember to... I'm going to send an in-game mail to the society later today as a reminder that it's this Friday. Just in case anyone is logging in, but doesn't come hang out on the forum much.

For curiosity, who's intending to be there for at least part of the time? (8pm-11pm Eastern, Friday evening.)

Me & Emile, obviously... So that's two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:30 am

I intend to be there for the whole shebang.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 7:32 am

Well going to try and have Emanual Renard there just need to get the diplo on him and hopefully get the last 2 levels before then.

Namo will be there at the start do his usually leave early (since he doesn't do well in large groups or Balls) and when he leaves Danivar will be there for the remainder. (Danto doesn't have diplo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:17 am

Well i'll volunteer to translate as much as needed for the evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Just got word from Belleza Diaz, formerly the Almirante of Vanguardia, that she'd like to give Rum and Wenches night a reunion.

I dunno if any of you ever went back on Bonny. I always meant to, and always put it off, until it was too late and we were all gone.

Anyway, looks like it's going to be somewhat of a pre-ball party, held on Thursday night. Regular place is the Empty Gibbet tavern in Tortuga. It used to start at something like 10pm Eastern, though I have no idea when it would start this time.

I'll keep y'all posted, and come up with a clever RP reason to be in Tortuga so close to ball time. It was always a severe regret of mine that CdIO never made it over to one of the weekly Vanguardia/Glastonbury parties, so at least I'll get to scratch one regret off my list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:06 am

Chantilly wrote:
If I remember to... I'm going to send an in-game mail to the society later today as a reminder that it's this Friday. Just in case anyone is logging in, but doesn't come hang out on the forum much.

Ack. Epic memory fail. On to-do list for tonight.

Intend to also send PM reminders to everyone who showed at least a mild to moderate interest on the FLS boards. Just in case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:56 am

I'll make it, if only by the skin of my teeth...how could I resist the chance to let Reynaud loose at a formal ball? I've got a rehearsal on friday that could run pretty late. Crossing my fingers.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:08 pm

I hope you are there, Reynaud, I have plans for you!

Just while I'm thinking about it, can all of you keep a watch out for someone called Adeline Roudier? She's new to MMORPGs but I told her about POTBS and now she's hooked; she might have the makings of a good RPer, she definitely seems to be interested in it. I think she's planning to attend and if I'm not there if someone can pull her in that would be nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:00 pm

From a Nine Winds player via my Twitter feed...

JohanRutan wrote:
Yes...i am very excited for the ball....question though...is it a socially open ball? The only date i can find is Rod Goodthrust.
I... don't even know how to answer that question. Shocked

Deoiridh wrote:
I hope you are there, Reynaud, I have plans for you!

Don't make Chantilly get defensive of her territory... you cougar you.

/rolls on floor with tears of laughter/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Deoiridh wrote:
I think she's planning to attend and if I'm not there if someone can pull her in that would be nice.

What sort of host would I be if I did not see to my guests and ensure that they are having a good time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Also:
JJ_9Winds wrote:
Johan would like to know if both he and his date can wear fancy cod pieces to the ball.
mrsashlux wrote:
As long as they're pink fancy cod pieces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Here's the post from Vanguardia about Rum and Wenches Night:

Quote :
A couple of us old-timers have reactivated our accounts long enough to
attend the French Ball. We'll be heading to Tortuga this Thursday at
the usual time to have a one-night honorary Rum 'n Wenches reunion
night. We won't be making this a regular thing since I don't think most
of us will be sticking around, but it should be a good time for
everyone to catch up and relive the good ol' days. If you never got to
experience the shenanigans of Rum 'n Wenches Night, now's as good a
time as ever to pop over!

Edit: the "normal time" is 8 MST. For those of you too lazy to convert, that's 7 PST, 9 CST and 10 EST.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Chantilly wrote:
Chantilly wrote:

Ack. Epic memory fail. On to-do list for tonight.

Mission accomplished. Also included subtle "hint hint come check the forum now and again" goodness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter Ball   Easter Ball - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easter Ball
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next