Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log

Go down 
AuthorMessage

RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log Empty
PostSubject: RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log   RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 5:49 pm

Comic-Con 2007 Interview by Ten Ton Hammer

IRC Developer Chat Log from July 31, 2007

So yea, just an Update on all things PotBS.

The comic-con interview is pretty neat and details the main RP Story-arc that will include 70 missions. At the end of the arc;
Gavin Irby wrote:
“Once you get to the end of the story, I wanted to give the player a place that was all their own – an instance to cherish as theirs. So, I had the players rescue a town and in doing so they create an instanced area that is all their own. The cool part about this area is that the players will be able to meet back up with the “cast” of their story-arc. It’s pretty neat and should be fun for the players.”

He also described a scenario detailing how to get a peg-leg
Gavin Irby wrote:
"If players want a peg leg, I’ve actually created a mission for them to accomplish this feat. First, I blow them up. After they’ve washed up on shore, they have to go about constructing a raft to get back to their crew while they have this terribly infected leg. Once the character returns, they wake up with the crew standing over them and they let the player know that they have to amputate the leg. During this moment, the player can choose his dialogue options, between something along the lines of – ‘Yarr, this leg will be fine.’ and ‘NOOOOO!!!!’ It’s traumatic, but it also gives a player a sense of who their avatar really is.”

As for the IRC Chat, not much was said that was particularly interesting. One thing I did take note of was, that Isildur let the names of the first servers out:
isildur wrote:
Here's a scoop for you: our first US servers will be named 'Blackbeard' and 'Rackham', and our first EU servers will be named 'Black Bart' and 'Bellamy'. Assuming, of course, no-one overrules my name list. RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log Smile

At least we know that... Blackbeard or Rackham
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log   RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 6:12 pm

Good stuff. Thanks for linking it here. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log   RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 6:15 pm

Nice tid-bits. Your own town? really? Damn.

If they haven't named the servers yet.... then it's going to be a little while longer huh? You can't just change a server name on the fly (last I checked) not even a virtual one (cluster), so that leads me ot believe they haven't built them yet.

As for the ol' leg, I'm thinking I'l keep mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log   RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Story-Arc Interview and IRC Chat Log
Page 1 of 1