Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Intrepide Makes Sail

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Intrepide Makes Sail Empty
PostSubject: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:32 pm

In Character Section

To the most esteemed officers of the Highland Confederacy,

It is with great honour that i write to you on the 12th on August 1719 in hopeing to join the dettachment leaving for the West Indies. I am a former Naval Officer of the Royal French Navy turned Privateer who has been honoured with the Letter of Marque only a few evenings ago and i am ready to sail from St Marlo, France at a moments notice. I have a abale bodied crew and ship of 32 Guns, her name is The Intrepide, i bought her from the Navy itself. I write to to in order to gain admission to the Confederacy, and i hope i recieve a responce in due time, with honour to you all.

Captain Aldrick Marlo
St Marlo, Brittany, France - 1719

Aldrick is a four frontally a naval officer. He is too the book and damn right able to his crew. Being a former naval officer gave Aldrick all the experience he needs to captain a ship well and has choosen his crew wisely for the task at hand. Recently he brought the Intrepide from the French Royal Navy after being given early retirment for causing to much havok. The ship cost him a substantial amount of money and was written a Letter of Marque on his retirement to his private life out at sea. He is hard nosed, arrogant and ambitious, after spending most of his fortune on his ship he plans to make it up again out at sea in the West Indies, attacking enemy vessals and making a good bit of gold. Hes loyal to his crew and his Society however and will do as commanded as written in his Letter of Marque. But mainly Aldrick is a scallywag and a villain and is out for his own gain as well as the Confederacy.

Out of Character Section

Player Description: My names Michael, ive been playing games pretty much all my life on verious consols and PC. I've played many a MMO such as DAoC, WoW (who has'nt?) Eq2 and most recently LOTRO

Official Forum Name: Chainshotstealth

Profession: Privateer and Smuggler

What is RP to you?

I have roleplayed in written form and in book form as well as IN GAME form. I am a avid lover and player of RP and i just love story and character driven progression. I will roleplay most of the time in game and i hope to be able to do it quite solidly throughout my profession in game.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy?

I would like to join because you seem like a great bunch of blokes who have put some hard work into your society. I would love to add to its progression and futture and perhaps plae some of my own ideas into the progression of it also and contribute sucsessfully. I love playing the rogue type character and this seems to be more of a 'rebel' society and frankly i love groups like that. I am after a close knit, friend orientated society and this seems very much like that, i can only hope you will accept my application and let me get on with being a loyal Privateer for the Confederacy!

Last edited by on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:49 am

OOC: Excellent and welcome to the boards! I'll give a bump into recruit status and you should be able to see an additional forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 12:17 pm

Thank you very much good sir, i shall try and contribute as much as i may!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 9:24 am

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, I'm sure.

Salute!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 5:05 pm

Nice app, and welcome from me too. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 5:54 pm

Olaf Susiluoto wrote:

Thank you very much good sir, and when will i know of acceptance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:46 pm

Captain Aldrick Marlo wrote:
Olaf Susiluoto wrote:

Thank you very much good sir, and when will i know of acceptance?

Ah... the process. Well, the priority is to get members who are active and involved and at least seem to intend on contributing to the society once we finally get a game. So that is the goal, so the process is simply one where if you apply you move along to recruit and after some poorly defined ( Smile ) period of time, we make a final vote on membership.

What is the time frame? It depends, but I think it is probably reasonable to expect a couple of weeks before things move along much. Again, just looking for some reasonable stability on the board and a willingness to contribute. I think it also allows applicants to make up their mind as to whether they "fit" here the best as well.

You can look at the members roster and get some loose feel. Hope that helps to answer the question. It isn't any hard-fast rule, more of a time to get to know people and offer time for both sides to say "yes". If any applicant ever finds the process to feel like it is "dragging" or unfair to ask them to wait, please post something or give someone a message. I can understand that perspective and I appreciate the excitement. but realistically a lot of the stuff is public at recruit level at this moment being pre-release but I do understand.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:16 pm

OOC:

Mr. Marlo,

Firstly welcome to the boards, I hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to get involved as I see you have. Unfortunately we have a policy against be a member of two societies, especially when one of those societies is an RP enemy of our own. As this has been brought to my attention (your app to another society), I am removing your recruit status until such time as you have made a final decision. The other Society is a fine group if you decide to join them. Normally it would be fine if you had applied to another society but decided to not pursue membership with them to join us, but as you have stated that you are still trying to join them and will join HC should that fail I felt that I needed to restrict access to certain information on our forums. Our recruits don't have full access to the site, but we openly discuss many society issues with them and allow them a say. I feel this presents a conflict of interest for you until you've made your final decision.

Please understand that we are certainly more than happy to move forward with your app should you choose to join us instead of the other society. We have no issues with former members of other societies. Smile This is simply a step to protect our society. We wish you the best in whatever course you choose in sailing with or against us. We look forward to contact with all Rpers. Should you decide to cancel your app with the other society, please provide us with a link for proof that the app was cancelled there. Thanks!

Are you chainshotstealth on the official forums or chainshot?
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:28 pm

Oh no reply, I hope he decides to come back, but in any event I would certainly understand his descions one way to the other.

Captain Aldrick Marlo, Good Luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Intrepide Makes Sail   The Intrepide Makes Sail Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Intrepide Makes Sail
Page 1 of 1