Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon Empty
PostSubject: Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon   Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 10:03 am

*A young man, in his early twenties awaits in the antichambre. Despite the heat, the man wears a (mostly) red kilt. His crest badge shos a boar's head holding a deer's shankbone in mouth.
One can tell by the young man's pace that the long wait is begining to take the better part of his resolve.

When asked to introduce himself, he simply responds :
-I am Eugene MacKinnon, and produces a sealed vellum :

Quote :

Antigua, august 1720

Officers of the Highland Confederacy,

Before you stands my son, Eugene. Do not be fooled by his pleasant looking. Despite his young age, the boy was one of the man who fought the opressor at the Battle of Sheriffmuir and Glen Shiel. Because of that, he cannot stay in fair Scotland, nor can I have him in Antigua.

From my Antigua estates, I heard about your fight, and it crossed my mind that in letting him join you, you would recruit not only an able seaman and a seasonned warrior, but an interpreter as well (his mother was of an old French family ).

Of course, his naval training needs a bit of freshening, but nothing that can't be done quickly. When you'll consider that he is heir to his mother's land in the franch indies, you'll understand that if you make him one of yours, not only will you gain one of England's best ennemies, but have an easy access to supplies and funding.

Audentes fortuna juvat ((Fortune assists the daring))

Donald MacKinnon, son of Sir Lachlan Mòr MacKinnon,
great uncle of John Dubh MacKinnon of MacKinnon.

so you got this far eh ? Sleep Sleep Sleep
sorry about the horrendous style, grammar and typos, but lets admit strait, english is not my mothertongue...Rolling Eyes

that beeing said,
lets get down to buisness shall we ?

Me : Name's Giom, I'm swiss i've been playing RPG's since the age of 5, (a long long time ago Wink, have spent countless hours on Eq1, Silkroad Online Anarchy Online (among others). Part of an aviation sim squad...

Official Forum Name: Pitros. you havent'heard of me (yet clown ) because i forgot i applied to this beta a year ago Rolling Eyes

Profession: whatever you'd like me to do... eventhough i'd feel more comfy as a privateer, i'll go wherever i'm needed . (Removed this bit to keep violations at bay.)

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? "bouter l'anglois hors de france ?Razz" ( old (14th century) expression meaning "kicking them 'beefs out of Frogland" - yes i adapted a bit Very Happy * ) seriously : i'm in dire need of some rp... To be honest, HC was the first society claiming to be rp i saw in FLS boards, and i felt home...

...and to be able to fix your french spelling ! Twisted Evil lol!

last things :
(yeah i know, it's an lready long post, sorry 'bout that...)
the names can change if they already taken, as for my boat's name : Foamdrinker

* no harm meant about'em French and Brits, eh, i just tried to pass the meaning of the pun... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon   Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:53 am

No worries, I did get the pun Wink

Anyways, a warm welcome! Its nice to see that the intrest of HC goes across the old and new continent (btw, im from Finland.).

We sure are a rp society and in need of able and good spirited men to kick some english rp ass.

If you need some rping head to to the Albatross! Our Rp forum section. Now we have to wait that either Hamish or Dermid willl come and put you in the recruit pool.

Hope to see you around, auf wiedershen!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon   Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:39 pm

You beat me to it Olaf... grrrr....

Anyway, welcome Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon   Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:04 pm

A hearty welcome from me as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon   Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 4:48 pm

I have a good feeling privateer will be a fine profession for the HC.

It is a pleasure to make your aquaintance. I hope to see you around Martinique and in the Albatross.

Also, you'll find that the HC has been developing relations with other RP societies and plans to play on a server filled with those groups.

Good day to you, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Salute!

P.S.
My character is French as are my ancesters, but I am not and I do not speak the language. Therefore any French lanuguage quotes seen on the boards from me will be a copy and past from an online translator, [read] completely inaccurate.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon   Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 6:34 pm

Welcome cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon   Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another one / Eugene MacKinnon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: The Old Recruitment Office-
Jump to: