Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Erasmus de Brouwer Log

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Erasmus de Brouwer Log Empty
PostSubject: Erasmus de Brouwer Log   Erasmus de Brouwer Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:36 pm

21 September 1720

I'm leaving Ostend, heavy-heartedly. I've sent word to a society called The Highland Confederacy. In these troubled times troubled souls tend to be drawn to one another. We'll see what gives. I've become an underdog now - how times change ...

Quote :
To the Highland Confederacy

Ostend, 21 September 1720

Heeren

It is in grief that I leave my beloved town, Ostend, but I must. The Austrian Habsburgs do not approve of my schemes and I do not approve of theirs. New waters are what I seek; I may find them in the West Indies.

Although I have made a name for myself on the North Sea, I feel it's only appropriate - sound even - to start anew in the New World should Your Excellencies see fit. I am best judged by my deeds, not my words.

I write this letter hesitantly. I am not a religious type, for too many of my kin have died in religious wars. I am however lethally loyal if treated likewise, and care more for clan relations than ... artificial bonds. If this inappropriate approach to your cause were not to create too much tension amongst your numbers, I'd be prepared to offer my services and life to what I believe is a righteous venture.

I will not be able to receive word from you, for reasons I will leave unattended. I have however heard of The Albatross and will soon drift by. Hopefully, this letter will have reached you by then, so the innkeeper can keep his guards at bay.

Sincerely

Erasmus de Brouwer

Last edited by on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer Log   Erasmus de Brouwer Log Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:57 pm

25 September 1720

Neptune's barnacles be cursed! Never have I known such a swift voyage across the Channel. Unusually warm temperatures, no wind changes ... couldn't 've been better. I should've known something was not right! PLAGUE for crying out loud! I thought we got rid of that a century ago. I could be stuck on board for a month, only because of my fondness of the French cuisine. CURSED me and my savoury tooth!

Sent a letter to the Highland confederacy. At least we have a means of communication now, be it through couriers.

Quote :
To the highland Confederacy

Harbour, 25 September 1720

Heeren

I write to you a second letter to inform you of my arrival at your port. I'd be relieved and by your side at the Albatross enjoying a brew and informing you of my voyage, if it weren't for the misfortune that befalls me and my crew.

There's no journey without mishap, as every sea dog knows. Ours is the presence of a French cook - bless him and his marvellous meals - and your countrymen's fear of the Plague. Apparantly, news has reached these regions of a possible Plague outbreak in France. The Customs Officer thinks Flanders close enough to be cautious, a stance I consider sound, were it not that it delays the moment of our meeting. So be it.

I hope the Harbour Commander is true to his word and informs you of my arrival. In the meantime, we can only be patient and wait until the quarantine flag is lowered. At least we have a means of communication now.

Sincerely

Erasmus de Brouwer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer Log   Erasmus de Brouwer Log Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 3:56 pm

30 September 1720

Sod it, I'm going into town ... quarantine or no quarantine. It's bad enough that I have to leave my hometown, only to find myself locked up on my own ship in a foreign harbour because of a stupid rumour. I'm in urgent need of a few beers and some info about this Highland Confederacy. I may not carry the weight I used to anymore, but that's no reason to join whatever lot of rabble I come across. We'll see what kind of people they are without them knowing whom they're reckoning with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer Log   Erasmus de Brouwer Log Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 3:30 pm

1 November 1720

I woke up this morning on the deck of my ship, with a terrible headache and smelling of cabbage. I'll call that a decent night out. I guess I needed a mother of a boozer after the unfortunate events I have encountered. Now my luck has changed, it seems.

Quarantine was lifted, so I'm pretty free to go where I please now and I'm excited. I'm starting a new life, amongst new people in a new world. Time to set up business!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer Log   Erasmus de Brouwer Log Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer Log
Page 1 of 1