HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Euros

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:17 pm

I have noticed that members tend to be American ... or am I wrong?

As attractive as this group looks (very attractive by the way), I'd like to know whether it is plausible for euros like me to join the guild ... considering practical issues like in-game fun. I'm a late-nighter, no doubt about that, but I'm wondering whether I'll have enough contact with my brothers and sisters, so to speak. Any ideas on that? I'm willing to help uphold the Euro side of the Merchant guild, but not if I'm the only one around ... I've seen it happen before.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:24 pm

I am a Night owl.

You will see me in game at all sorts of strange times.

Unless I am dead in which case you will not see me at all Razz
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 6:32 pm

Olaf and Suzerain (if he's still with us) are both in Europe, and I will be on quite a lot if all goes to plan. Hopefully, time won't be too much of an issue for us.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 8:00 am

Yup, Im an European, and proud of it! Razz
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 9:41 am

I appreciate your concern, I would hate to be in a guild were no one is ever on when I'm on. I can only say, from what I have witnessed, that this guild not only welcomes but hopes to get lots of Euro players. I for one would like to see many more; I guess only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 10:54 am

Quote :
I can only say, from what I have witnessed, that this guild not only welcomes but hopes to get lots of Euro players.
So does that mean that the guild will be choosing both a North American and European server to play on (depending on each players location) or will the European players be requested to play on a North American server?
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 10:58 am

I can safely say that we have given no consideration whatsoever to the idea of splitting the confederacy over multiple servers. The assumption has always been that we will be playing on the unofficial RP server, which will almost certainly be in North America. At the very least, I will not be doing the work to try overseeing the activities of two servers. I expect to be loosing enough hair trying to keep up with one.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 5:28 pm

I have no problem connecting to an American server as long as it does not influence my connection quality too much.

If we can do this, I think it can only strengthen the guild as it will give us a virtual 24/24 coverage, especially if we could reach some kind of balance (merchant + protection on both playing times).

Looking forward to developments on that issue. I must say I'd be pretty amazed and happy to see roleplay work in-game as well ... as it is usually the first thing to go. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 8:06 pm

Well, I've played mmorpg's from Japan with no problem before, but they have some insane connection speeds. I suppose in large part it depends on how connections are in your area. And I agree with the benefits of having members in different parts of the world. Now if we could get some people from Oceania too.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 6:43 am

Notwithstanding my mere applicant status, I'll dip my oar in this topic and paddle away! Razz

Being a Euro also, I'd be concerned about the number of people available at any one time to play with within the Guild. However, I've played many games with people across the Atlantic, occasionally with ANZACs and although co-ordination is tricky it's definitely not impossible. We have to wait and see how the server technology will be deployed to allow this. I've burnt my fair old share of midnight oil waiting for the North Americans to wake up/get back from school or work. My biggest issue is knowing when to go to bed!

I'm sure when the game is released and the HC becomes better known the Guild will grow and those isolated dots on the member map will grow into clusters!

Part of the fun on gaming is meeting and interacting with people from all over. Even the English! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:25 am

Yeah, connection and stuff wont be a problem but what im a bit scared of is time zones. Will my "primetime" be when all the americans are at work or school.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:59 am

My timezone is GMT+1 in winter and GMT+2 in summer. I usually play between 22:00 till 00:30 on weekdays and 21:00 till the early hours during weekends.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 4:50 pm

Its kind of hard to say this is going to be a problem or not. I somehow managed to get in to the Tiawan Open Beta for Lineage II and played with many English speaking people on that server. Also one of my best guildy friends in EQ was an Aussie who I played with quite often.

Obviously there will be times when more people are on than others but it has been my experience that no matter what the time of day, you can usually find at least a few guildys playing.

N.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 5:58 pm

If I like the game I will be putting in looong hours on the weekends; and I mean long.

So... At the very least I should see most of you no-matter what your time zone.

During the week (I'm in Arizona: the only place in the U.S. that does not use "daylight savings") I tend to play from 1800 - 2230.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:09 am

Well i am or better said was a bit worried also, but the background and history 'o this guild is so amazing to me that i just wanted to be a part of it!

Still i was worried about the time difference, not so anymore since there are more Europeans as i have found out! Still i do hope that we will have many hours of succes, fun, laughs, seriousness etc etc with all our brethren!
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:13 am

Well I can tell you what I envisioned (invisioned? Sorry no dictionary handy). Anyway, I think if we don't have "Euros" join us then we have something missing. As pointed out, with our European friends playing, and I believe there are a good half dozen or more so far, we have nearly 24/7 coverage which to me is awesome. I'd hate to see anyone playing alone, but from the response here I don't think that will be an issue. We'll be on the RP server as pointed out and so far I haven't heard anyone from beta having an issue connecting. At least not anymore than we've all had from time to time. So I don't think that will be an issue. I hope it won't be. Being a mixed European/Asian/American society will only strengthen us in the business of supplying the West Indies. Plus if I can play at all then I'll be playing at times with our European members, at least for the next year or two. I'm 11.5 hours ahead of MST and so about 5-6 hours ahead of most of Europe, except maybe Olaf. Right now I am 2 hours ahead of Germany and will be going another 4 or so hours east. So I may in fact be alone. *sniffle*, but I think most of the society will have members to play with. Though we can't know until we all get the game and can play I don't think this will be an issue.

Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:36 am

Quick question...

I am assuming those who are french or dutch or german etc, will be buying their countries version of the game, will this pose a problem for them playing outside of the server of that original ie does the version remain the same or will they find themselves in ports with strange names and missions they can't read?

Latency issues aside, if we start on the 7th then thats 6 days from now..if we go for the 12th thats way...longer..but since we don't know the location of euro servers we don't know what latency issues there will be. For those in holland and scotland it might well be better latency to a USA Server than to one in europe. But for those in France or Germany it probably won't. I assume from the original post that it is expected to join a USA server, probably one of the fuller ones? Is this to be decided on release date (server stability issues may appear on the older servers) or pre decided and hoped the server chosen will be a good one?

For freetraders latency isn't really an issue. But for combat privateers it certainly is.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:58 am

I'm in the northwestern US, so 8 hours earlier than the UK and 9 hours earlier than CET. I generally play from about 1730 to 2030 on weekdays, which would be from 0130 in the UK. So I'm not likely to see any Euros who keep "normal hours".

On weekends I'm sure to be on from about 0530 to 0930, which is early afternoon in Europe, and I'll be on most weekend evenings as well. Sometimes I play all day on weekends. Smile

One member in this thread indicated he was from Finland ("between Sweden and Russia" -- could possibly be Estonia, but more likely FInland) which is EET, I think, so 10 hours later than me.

Bog
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:44 pm

You'll see me then, i play 12pm to about 4am weekdays and from 12pm to about 4am Fri-Sunday. And probably be on some weekdays between 2pm to 4pm. As i work evening shift 5pm to 11pm, my days are 8 hours later than most others within the UK.
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 6:35 am

I live on the East Coast of the US and know how hard it can be, trying to adjust to other Pacific players when I roleplay in LOTRO, but i have faith that the officers here will try as best they can to organize it to where we can still play together. I personally, might play when I get home from school a bit, but late in the Afternoons and nights, I have to say I enjoy roleplaying with my roleplay buddies in LOTRO, but, still, never the less, I will try to lend the Euro players as much support in this as I can:D!!
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Currently i am somewhat disabled and "bound" to my home, so i expect to be ingame most 'o the time except from thuesday till friday when i am visiting my lady who lives far from me!

I will very likely be on from friday till monday/thuesday afternoon, hopefully this will not be a problem for the society!
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:37 pm

Owl wrote:
... i expect to be ingame most 'o the time except from thuesday till friday when i am visiting my lady who lives far from me!

I will very likely be on from friday till monday/thuesday afternoon, hopefully this will not be a problem for the society!

Owl, you may have already given this info and I missed it; what time zone are you in? I'm PST and l check into the game each morning around 0500 pst for an hour or so, then again from 1600 hrs until I burn out.

Hope we'll have the chance to team up and kick english butt!Twisted Evil

Jack
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Jack McBain wrote:
Owl wrote:
... i expect to be ingame most 'o the time except from thuesday till friday when i am visiting my lady who lives far from me!

Owl, you may have already given this info and I missed it; what time zone are you in? I'm PST and l check into the game each morning around 0500 pst for an hour or so, then again from 1600 hrs until I burn out.

Hope we'll have the chance to team up and kick english butt!Twisted Evil

Jack

He is in CET which is 9 hours later than Seattle. So 0500 PST is 1400 CET. They change their clocks on a little bit different schedule than we do -- about the same as our old schedule, give or take a week.

Bog
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:24 pm

It's important to realize that factories only accumulate 3 days of labor. After that, all labor is lost.

I plan to exchange ID info with LDave so we can manage each other's factories when we are gone. I travel on business a lot and he is always on vacation to some exotic place...

Bog
Back to top Go down

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:27 pm

We most definately will be wipin' the English ..., at least from a distance and i would be honored to fight along side with me brethren!

Glad someone already told the time zone i am in hehe, i live in Holland and i believe it is called what it was called in the above post... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Euros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euros   Euros Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Euros
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: