OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Voyage Century Online anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Voyage Century Online anyone?   Voyage Century Online anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 1:17 pm

Well, now that we know there is a few months to wait before release (provided it is not delayed again), I think i'm gonna get practiced up by playing some Voyage Century Online. For those of you that are not familiar with it, I hear it is quite similar to what PotBS is going to be in many ways. You can find more details at thier site http://www.voyagecenturyonline.com/. It's free to play in case anyone else is interested in trying it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Century Online anyone?   Voyage Century Online anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:52 pm

Interesting, thinks; I may have to try that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Century Online anyone?   Voyage Century Online anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 8:20 am

Have either of you started playing Voyage Century? I've got the source files downloaded but have yet to install it. Just wondering if you like the game and how much you think it is like PotBS. Let me know your character's name and I'll give you a hail in-game.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Century Online anyone?   Voyage Century Online anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 10:16 am

I haven't tried it yet. I got a bit turned off when I read that some guild used bots or something to work thier characters to obscene levels and now they control most of the ports and are going around ganking newbies and other players. Apparently the way the game is designed, one of thier characters is tough enough to take out a number of other high level players at a time. And since the developers are not doing anything to stop it, there are a lot of players leaving the game.

But you never know if those rumors are blown out of proportion so I may still give it a try but haven't got around to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Century Online anyone?   Voyage Century Online anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 12:01 pm

I came across an online demo for a game called WIC (world in conquest) and that's been taking up all of my free time... and will for the foreseeable future. But, once you get VC going please give us a review.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Century Online anyone?   Voyage Century Online anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 5:41 pm

I downloaded it and have a character started on the Magellan server.

I'll get some time this week to give it a shot. I've not played PotBS yet, so I can't quite compair the two, but I'll do what I can.

Any of you have characters or servers you play on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Century Online anyone?   Voyage Century Online anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Theres two major forms of Botting in Vc, one is true botting the other is player coop botting. Both are unfair.

Program Botting, using a code to enable skill advancement during non gaming time ie when you're asleep at work or whatever.

Coop Botting, you share the character with friends, each spends 8 to 12 hours playing the character. Enabling skill advancement on a 24 hour basis.

Many Asians are claiming that they are not botting but playing the game for extended times, usually through coop means. As a result many asian guilds overtook american and british guilds because we don't tend to share account details.

This in turn led to the obvious accusations. And much racial name calling. The games developers are primaryly korean with american backing. And their mods come down firmly with the asian players. Banning trolls who aren't asian and promoting racism on the forums whilst at the same time stating hypocrisy that it wont be acceptable.

Ignore the forums tho and the game is full of botters and people afk 24 hours at a time farming and then selling merchanise. They demand the most retarded prices and pretty much rule themselves out in any economy. Sheer numbers make up for most of the money generated.

Having looked at a number of other asian games, they all seem to be following the same line and will eventually be asian only as only asians can be bothered to put up with the level of grief required to play.

The greatest pity being that of those asians i played, grouped and guilded with were all supremely great people and fantastic to know. They would fit into any Euro/American game as neatly as any american or european. But since numbers count the avg is otherwise disposed. Many love to cheat, they seem to enjoy twisting words and meanings, they encourgage racial dogma against america and britain overall to me, it justifies why most brits and americans find them hard to play with. As with many Russian players i've known, many are great and pleasant people to know, but the general attitude seems to be politically biased against us. The sheer numbers of Russian Pirates in Eve attest to that or Russian Pirates in VC...

As much as well can try to not allow RL politics into our gaming, it is not a choice in playing predominantly asian games. Politics seems to be the all and everything there. My little bro players FF on the Xbox and is always talking about having to put up with racist abuse and political dogma from asian players. Seems to be a course we will all have to start living with in days to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voyage Century Online anyone?   Voyage Century Online anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voyage Century Online anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: