HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Home from Home?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Home from Home? Empty
PostSubject: Home from Home?   Home from Home? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 4:42 pm

Four years is a long time in a young man's life and James Lamont has had an eventful one thus far since leaving Scotland. Protected and educated by his father and uncle he has learned to honour those he trusts and be weary of those he knows not.

On receipt of his invitation to come to The Albatross he felt, even before personally meeting, he may be able to trust those persons of this confederacy which had made its statement clear but a few weeks ago. A statement which filled his heart with cheer that others in these distant waters held in contempt the pernicious behemoth the British were. Yet he was hesitant. He remembered well how the English had successfully bought and sold clans in the old country to betray and spill the blood of their brothers with gold and honours. Was this endeavour and insidious plot by the Hanoverians to gather all Jacobites in the area into one location to "deal" with them?

He steeled himself. Shamefully, he had partaken of his treasured whisky store before he set ashore. It was now or never...

With a hand on his sgian dubh, he opened the door to the tavern. A few looked up as he entered, but no more than would look as to see if it were an expected friend who had come in rather than a rat into a trap. He looked to the bar to see an affable looking man speaking to some locals. The air appeared congenial. A notable table of gentlemen appeared deep in conversation, somewhat sotto voce.

James sat at an unoccupied table close to the door. His previos libations made the stark hardwood bench feel strangely comfortable. He drew the flask from his jacket pocket swiftly whilst the barman's gaze was busied elsewhere (was that a Scottish accent he had heard?) and took a long draught of whisky. His courage increased, he proceeded to remove the contents of a small satchel he carried. This result of this, he thought. would decide wether he was currently neighboured with friend or foe.

A gentle draw his squeezebox gave him the rasp of a tuneful E. Time to start he thought as a few patrons of the tavern had noticed the unusual sound coming from the surly stranger by the door.

He struck up a tune and sang a song...

My father a patriot and fish’rman tae trade,
Foucht for The Cause, sacrifices he made,
‘Side Dundee and Mar, wi’ claymore and targe,
Felled by a musketball in brave Highland charge.

Far from fair Caledonia’s shores wild,
Distant frae kith and kin; self exiled,
My King robbed o’ Kingdom, so for these years I’ll be,
Fighting for the righteous on this Burning Sea.

I laboured for family, I fulfilled the word,
On eve of battle my father I said,
And after I saucht honour many leagues fae home,
Tae Virginia then the Indies I’m destined tae roam.

For fair Scotia’s honour we never shall bow,
Tae Albion’s dominion not never, not now,
The rightful King o’er the water one day will return,
And ever he can be sure of his sons.

So here’s tae the gentlemen listening tae me,
I’ve a heart o’ a lion, a mind educated free,
One day I’ll return to Scotland’s ancient sea,
For now I know that fate makes me be.

Happy he made it through his prose without faltering, he didn't notice how his tuneful declaration had been accepted...
Back to top Go down

Home from Home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Home?   Home from Home? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:27 pm

((Waaahhh!!! Give me an "in" to the happenin' thread! I didn't crash it but now I feel lonely Razz))
Back to top Go down

Home from Home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Home?   Home from Home? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:44 pm

((Ya, Strammash is a bonifide busker Smile Jack))
Back to top Go down

Home from Home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Home?   Home from Home? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:22 pm

((Okay))
Back to top Go down

Home from Home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Home?   Home from Home? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 2:06 pm

Seamus walked up to the young man after he had finished his song.
He smiled and offered his hand to him, A bonny song lad,Let me buy you a pint and we'll sit down and talk for i think you and i might have made our way here for the same reasons.

OOC:This post is the continuaion of the post Heeding The Call
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home from Home? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home from Home?   Home from Home? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home from Home?
Page 1 of 1