Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you superstitious?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Are you superstitious? Empty
PostSubject: Are you superstitious?   Are you superstitious? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Since I know some people were up in arms when they introduced it into the game, I figured I'd just ask what everyone's stance is on the supernatural content. That way I can know what brave souls will adventure with me into uncharted waters.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Are you superstitious?   Are you superstitious? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:00 pm

I'm going to check it out. It's a game and a "pretend" world, so there is no reason this sort of thing couldn't exist in "this" Caribbean. Plus sailors were for the most part superstitious. I'm thinking I'll hear stories here and there and my adventurers spirit will get the better of me... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Are you superstitious?   Are you superstitious? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 9:18 am

I would never turn down content for RPs sake, so yeah, I'm certainly going to experience it. Way I see it, if it exists in the game world, then it isn't really all that superstitious, is it? Hehe.

Here's a definition of superstitious:

1. An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.
2. a. A belief, practice, or rite irrationally maintained by ignorance of the laws of nature or by faith in magic or chance.
b. A fearful or abject state of mind resulting from such ignorance or irrationality.
c. Idolatry.

So...once you actually see a ghost or whatnot, it ceases to be a superstition.

And beyond that, it'll be fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you superstitious?   Are you superstitious? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you superstitious?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: