Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Modest Business Proposal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edwin Stewart

Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

A Modest Business Proposal Empty
PostSubject: A Modest Business Proposal   A Modest Business Proposal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:32 pm

Grettings my Condfederates;

I have finally established my ways and docks to the maximum extent possible here in Grenville and Tampa, and it has come the time to tenure a request for proposals.

A the present moment I posess the capability to full fabricate vessels of small and medium sizes. What I lack is are the provisioning and the actual raw ores, and must purchase those, which adds to the overall cost of the vessel. As I have much capital tied up in goods and gear at the present I cannot afford to stand the entire cost of a vessel prior to deeding it. Especally if I must purchase and transport large quantites of raw materials to my works ( the odd barrel of sulpher excepted).

Therefore:

I will, if it is within my ever growing capabilities, fabricate, for 10% over net cost to me (negotiable, less if you want to piecemeal up a whole vessel), the hardware necessary to construct and outfit all vessels that can be made at my ways. This way, you can buy it in instalments.

So if you want be to forge a small anchor or cannon and have "found" the ingots, then you on pay me for the fabrication. If I sell you one, you must pay my costs of aquireing and stockpiling the ore/iron.

What say you lads? A "Locust" hull is going up on the stocks now!

Your in Friendship;

Edwin Stewart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Modest Business Proposal   A Modest Business Proposal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:47 pm

Captain Stewart,

This is good news indeed! Congratulations on reaching this milestone. May I offer my warehouses and what manufacturing facilities at my avail to further your efforts? Being mainly focused on executing my letter of marque and reprisal provided by France I have no real knowledge how to be most effectively contribute. But, I'm sure you will remedy this quickly. If we could meet at your convenience I will see what can be done to provide at least part of your necessities.

Your servant,

Captain Jack McBain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Modest Business Proposal   A Modest Business Proposal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:47 pm

My ship preductuion is further along but much like Captan Stewart, I have a great deal of Trobbel with guns and provisonings. I am currently perduscing Mid sized frigits and gallions. I hope to be turrnning the coner soon were I no longer have to wate for the last set of ships to sell before I start on the next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Modest Business Proposal   A Modest Business Proposal Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Sir,

Ah am yet to begin development of any manufacturing, but very willing to set up basic resource collection points and such if it will add in your efforts. Ah need only know what be useful to ye.

Jack McBain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Modest Business Proposal   A Modest Business Proposal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:54 am

To the merchants of the Confederacy, welcome!

Please consider my establishment in Tampa for your provisioning; also for talented experts in sailmastery and other trades; and for my master draughtsman for your needs in deeds.

I thank thee, all.

LaRouge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Modest Business Proposal   A Modest Business Proposal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:05 pm

I'm just getting started but, when things get going I'll see about trying to produce some of the raw materials... like the ore and lumber; wooden cogs perhaps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Modest Business Proposal   A Modest Business Proposal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 6:39 am

Dear Gents,

I personally from my localisation in the greater Antilles, around Saint Johns and Spanish Town, have many platations and estates in the area as well as hunting lodges and fishing lodges. I will produce rations for you, should you ever be around that way.

-Malcolm Thatcher
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Modest Business Proposal   A Modest Business Proposal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Modest Business Proposal
Page 1 of 1