Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I hereby most humbly request to become a member...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Empty
PostSubject: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:29 pm

First let me state that it is yet uncertain if i will be able to even get the game or even play it! So many things are uncertain at present...

Gentlemen 'n Miladies:

"I hereby and most sincerely wish to make an appeal to become a member of your group, organisation or better said society. I have already written a small letter but to the best of my knowledge that has not arrived to your attention just yet (please see the official forums).

I am fully aware that right now with christmas at our doorstep i cannot expect to hear from you soon, so i must practise some more patience!

All that remains right now is to convey and offer ye all a merry christmas, and cometh year be full 'o blessing, good fortune and all in good health!

i salute you..."

In Character:

One windy night after yet another short walk that turned into a many hour long visit to some shady tavern, Henk came accross a tree something that is somewhat fortuatous after havin' too much to drink as many a fine gent may know!

-CENSORED-

"Well since i wish to uphold at least some form of dignity i will not go into what transpired next, i do hope you will understand!"

After experiencing a feelin' of relief he opened his eyes once again and there it was, a mysterious note 'o sorts promising a vast treasure and untold riches *wait* "that is most definately NOT the note i was referin' to" Henk burst out in anger 'n shame!

"Ah, hold on there 't is!"

Well the rest is history in the making as i was so oviously talking about the strange yet most intriguing note that seemed to apear in many places around the Caribbean...

Soon more information is to come explainin' some of the more illusterous thoughts as well as motives Henk seems to have, or at least at some point seems to act upon!

Player Description:

Dutchman who seems to have fled the European mainland and somehow ended up in England, after some more unpleasantnes found his way north and ended up in the land 'o the Scots...

Official Forum Name:

Owl

Profession:

Trader, since that is the kind of profession that appeals to me the most if not more fitting as it were! I see myself more as an explorer than a bussinesman, sailin' is where my passion lies and i will most likely be doing that the most. Yet what i seek no longer is solo adventures, i am a very social person and as such would like to meet as many interesting people as possible.

However since i am more 'o an explorer type i might go with privateer and do a little traidin' on the side!

What is RP to you?

A way to fully express myself in ways that are no longer considered appropriate these days! Please let me explain, i have always been interested in history and more precisely the early 18th century. I always try to act as a gentleman and on several occasions have actually been called just that! Sometimes a wee bit naughthy yet always the perfect gentleman from Holland (i have written proof 'o several esteemed and most respected ladies concerning this matter, if need be)...

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy?

As i have explained on the "official" forums, once i visited Scotland and after that she became a part of me!

Sincerely yours,

Capt. Henk Owl...

Real life:

Name: Henk

Last edited by on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:38 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:08 pm

Welcome to the forums and Merry Christmas.

Glad to see the English haven't ripped down all of the HC's postings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:32 pm

Seasons' Greetings, Dutchman

Welcome...make yerself comfortable and tell us a bit more about yerself. Yer welcome to stop by the Albatross and have a beer. Someone is either sure to be there or will be stopping by on the way home from a day at sea. Also, consider Copper Penny Publishing as a place to put yer thoughts on parchment.

Yer right of course, tis hard to catch someone around this time o' year. But don't give up.

Captain Jack McBain
Highland Confederacy.

((Hi Henk! Sounds like you haven't been involved in the beta and since the NDA is now officially lifted I have no qualms about say that I think it is one of the best games to come around in a long time. Hope to see you on the burning sea soon!))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:09 pm

Captain Owl,

The Highland Confederacy welcomes you. We are always searching for skilled craftsmen, and those who have made enemies with Mr. Hawke is always a boon to our ranks.

Wilhelm von Somborn
Proprietor-General
The Highland Confederacy

OOC:
Merry Christmas and welcome. Feel free to make yourself at home. I have added you as a recruit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:40 pm

Thank ye all for the warm words 'o welcome i appreciate that!

And concernin' that stuck up Red Coat, the self proclaimed Capt. Hawk well let's just say i look very much forward in meeting him someday and sending that supposedly royal behind 'o his crying back to his "master" George II...

Oh and lest i forget, i am no craftsman good sir!

I have chosen the profession 'o freetrader only because it seems the most neutral as well as fitting for myself. I am at present not really interested in becomin' the nouveau nobility as it were, however at some point i might consider retirering in a somewhat modest plantation for awhile.

The fact remains that even being a trader or merchant, that fact does not stop me from takin' quick and decisive action when the moment does so require! It is a somewhat known fact that i once received the questionable praise of two Privateer Captains, who stated that i boarded more ships then they did combined...

And on a little side note, i have in fact been in the closed beta Mr. McBain and i wholeheartedly agree this game is what i have always wished for, given the fact that i eagerly await more and many improvements to come!

Still i feel that i have not yet explained myself all too clearly to those that seek more answers. How do i roleplay? Well to me roleplaying is in fact placing myself in a certain era, so basicly i play as myself!

Roleplay:

I enjoy roleplaying but to be honest i have not encountered many people who do! Still the fact remains that to me it is a great way to immerse myself in history and act somewhat accordingly! I roleplay myself and place myself in history, that is what i enjoy the most.

If you are interested in my bio you can read several dates or better said, years! All this information is actually fitting since i was born 39 years ago, my bio reflects that very fact as well as all the places mentioned that i have visited around those respective periods in my life...

I do hope that i will be or mayhaps already am a worthy member, and i look forward in "meeting" many if not all online!

Oviously in this game you can do more then in real life still i always enjoy making my character to resemble me in many if not every way (possible), appearance as well as behaviour...

Never say i did not warn ye!

Last edited by on Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:54 am

Glad to hear of your love for rp. Being fairly new at it myself, I find it challenging at times but definately worth the effort. There are some really excellent rprs in HC. I'm constantly amazed at how well knit together some of the threads are and how subtle is the humor in them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the pre-release. See you in game!Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 6:21 pm

Aye to that friend and brother!

Problem is i have no way as yet how to order the bloody game over here from Holland! Applied for a credit card but accordin' to my lady that may and most likely take awhile before they will contact me! However i have been in contact with a man named: Arturr on the official forums and there might be a way, since i most definately be wantin' that parrot!

I am becoming somewhat desperate here but rest assured i will join ye at some point in the game if you all would still want me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 6:30 pm

I'll sell you my parrot...say 200 billion trillion dbs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:25 pm

*Stares at "Ruggy" with a certain grin* Suspect

I would like to thank the fine members 'o this most esteemed society and Mr. McBain and herr von Somborn in particular, for having to put up with my letters with which i "persuaded" them to make me a full and worthy member!

This day is a most fortunate one indeed having been accepted into the ranks 'o the trusted and appreciated, once more i am most grateful...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hereby most humbly request to become a member...   I hereby most humbly request to become a member... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hereby most humbly request to become a member...
Page 1 of 1