Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What server is THC going to play?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:26 am

So has a decision been made? bonny? roberts? rackham? timbuctoo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:21 am

Not yet...if anyone can determine whether or not French is the manditory language if your character national selection is French or if we can select another language let us know. That's an important question to have an answer to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:17 am

As soon as we know do please let me know.
Sorry for my absence as of late but i didn't want to overplay the beta like i did with LOTRO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:46 am

Language is selected by your client, so if you bought a french client you get french language etc.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 1:39 pm

Argyll of Bute wrote:
Language is selected by your client, so if you bought a french client you get french language etc.
Yeah but the problem is that from what I have heard, Robert's special events will be hosted in French on the chat channels. Hate to not be able to participate in those just cause I can't speak French.

So my vote is still Bonny cause I tend to also think we'll make worthy adversaries wherever we go, but whichever is the case it should be decided officially soon cause we are coming down to the wire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Something to concider when selecting a server is the Maintenance Schedule. I've played online games that had weekly maintenance for several hours. For example every Tuesday morning from 5-7am PDT. They usually try to do the maintenance during a less active time on the server.

I'm new here and don't know the demographics of the guild, or the planned maintenance schedule, but if most of our members are from North America and we pick a EU server (or Vise-Versa) this could result in regular gametime interuptions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Never thought of that in our present situation, but I can attest that a certain mmo I was playing recently had a maintenance window smack in the middle of my morning session (4:30 am to 6:00 pst) The game was regularly brought down for maintenance from 5 to about 9. So, I know what Ldave says is sure true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Im currently putting a ridiculous amount of research into the character I want to make for the game, and am not yet an accepted member of the highland confederacy so forgive my intrusion but, Roberts has been changed to EU english speaking. However, judging by todays forum chatter Roberts still looks like the Historical EU server. So far the server societies look like this:

British Nation

- 'St George' Squadron of the White
- East London Empire
- Windward squadron ?
- Trinidad and Tobago Corporation

French Nation

- Les enfants du roy
- La société du Lagon Noir
- Le Lys-au-Crâne
- Hans Majesta"ts Kaparflotta
- La Compagnie Valéricaine
- La taverne du Poulpe

Pirates

- Los hermanos de la costa
- Les demons des caraibes
- Pirates of the Seven Seas
- Ruffnex
- Nobody's Fools
- Raimbow Warriors

Spanish Nation

- Companiola Espanola dess occidentales
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 4:27 pm

My vote would be for Roberts, but of course, I'll go along with whatever the group decides. However, I'd echo others in that we should probably make a decision soon. Pre-Order play begins in roughly 48 hours.

-A.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Aurelian wrote:
... Pre-Order play begins in roughly 48 hours. -A.

Yes, that's a very good point!

Jack
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Just noticed it has been officially decided. The guild is going with Bonny! Huzzah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Make sure you all work very hard to get that economy ready for when the rest of us start playing.

sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 5:29 am

Then a Bonny time we'll be having! <laughs so hard he spits out ale>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 5:32 am

Benoit_Bontecou wrote:
Make sure you all work very hard to get that economy ready for when the rest of us start playing.

sunny

Yeh right, you'll find the mop and bucket right where you left it, you can get right back to work when you return.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:45 am

Dear Gents, I meself would find me a follower, no' a leader. For I have no say often in things concerning me or such, I have taken to accepting' what comes. But I would make my suggestion all the same...((I would suggest Morgan, as as I'm speaking for my Uncle, Argyll Campbell, or at least he told me he wants to play on Morgan, as do I, because....well.....we just chose one really, Laughing tongue)) But I hope my suggestion might help to influence your choice.
Have a good day otherwise, ma' friends!

-Malcolm Thatcher
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:46 am

((oh, darn, I posted that and they already decided:tongue: I'm so misinformed:lol:))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Bonney Server   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:47 am

Do we have a list of possible Societies that will be playing which Server to help make the desision? We need to stand as one, Divided we shall fail in our efforts to drive a wedge in the ever expanding Empire!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Black Sword,

The decision to set up on Bonny was made yesterday. It was selected for two reasons;

1. It has been designated the "unoffical rp server"
2. Most of the rp societies that posted on the potbs society forum said they were going to Bonny.

We won't really know what rp societies are actually on Bonny until we get there.

Hope that helps,

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:35 pm

Gentlemen we have a headin'!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:52 pm

"I 'avn't poked roun 'ere in a bit, I jus thouth Id let the lot'o ya know th' Devil's 'ands will also be sail'n the seas on th' Bonny Server..."

We look forward to seeing you all out there.

<---Too bad I wont be in the pre-order bunch....Christmas did a number on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Thank you, Commadore McBain.

I shall set me head'in for Bonny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:03 pm

I'm really glad to see you guys going to Bonny. Our tiny French RP society, The Wild Geese, (based on the flight of 14,000 soldiers to France after the treaty of Limerick) will be on there. I'll post a formal RP greetings in the next day or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Storm Jib wrote:
I'm really glad to see you guys going to Bonny. Our tiny French RP society, The Wild Geese, (based on the flight of 14,000 soldiers to France after the treaty of Limerick) will be on there. I'll post a formal RP greetings in the next day or so.

Sounds cool, we'll see you's there.

Vin Oragon wrote:
"I 'avn't poked roun 'ere in a bit, I jus thouth Id let the lot'o ya know th' Devil's 'ands will also be sail'n the seas on th' Bonny Server..."

We look forward to seeing you all out there.

<---Too bad I wont be in the pre-order bunch....Christmas did a number on me.

Thanks for the warning Vin; best of luck to all of you.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 7:06 pm

"Helmsman, sou' b' sou' west if you please"...........now come on Monday!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Horatio Hawke wrote:

I'd suggest you learn Spanish ayway since in 1720 they helped you Jacobites far more than the French. Wink

Not to correct a Sassenach too much, but the 1719 uprising was a debacle, caused in part by poor efforts on the part of the Spanish. I, for one, and happy to stick more or less French.

Capt. N. Gaunson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What server is THC going to play?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next