HomePortalGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Not long to go now *twitch*

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Not long to go now *twitch* Empty
PostSubject: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Anyone know what date the 7th is for europeans? Is it the 6th or the 8th? I'm not very good without a calculator and mine doesn't give me the answer...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 7:12 pm

At 12:01 on Jan 7th in London it is 7:01 pm on Jan 6th in New York.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:48 pm

The real question is how the heck do I keep from going stur carzy till then with 2ft of snow on the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:29 am

Getting blizzards here in scotland too, its my understanding we get access from approx 6pm onwards on the 7th uk gmt, if you preordered a box, you need to add your key to your soe account and patch, if you got a digital download, you just need to patch as key is automatically tied to soe account for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:16 am

Bundle up, Argyll. It sounds like it's miserable weather in Scotland. How far south is it snowing?rendeer

I read somewhere that the digital download will be available a day or so earlier than the 'go live' time. This in order for folks to be able set up and ready to go. Can anyone confirm that or know anthing more?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:38 am

Light snow forcast for today, heavy for friday and freezing over the weekend. Need to dig out my boots, first aid kit and charge my mobile. Last year i assisted in about 20 road accidents between where i live and my work, which is 3 miles away...

Hope i don't end up in one of those accidents!! Sad

Jack McBain wrote:
Bundle up, Argyll. It sounds like it's miserable weather in Scotland. How far south is it snowing?rendeer

I read somewhere that the digital download will be available a day or so earlier than the 'go live' time. This in order for folks to be able set up and ready to go. Can anyone confirm that or know anthing more?

I don't think so, i think servers open for patching at 10am pacific time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:10 am

My understanding is that the game opens at midnight on the 6th in US Eastern Time. That is like 0500 in the UK on the 7th, and 9PM on the 6th on the US west coast.

Bognor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 4:52 pm

Argyll, if the snow becomes more than you can manage, please do feel free to ship some across the pond. We've not had snow in any decent amount where I'm at for years. In fact, my old pickup is going through withdrawals. Sad

I too find myself really looking forward to this game releasing...which is odd for me because normally I simply detest Mondays........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:59 pm

I dont care! I DON'T CARE!!

I've just booked the whole week off work. hehehe
hahaha heheheh....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:00 pm

I envy ye all for it is yet uncertain when i will be able to join you fine gents 'n ladies ingame!

Rest assured though that someday i will wash up in The Albatross for i really believe we should pick a location and aptly name that tavern "The Albatross"!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:20 pm

Good luck in overcoming whatever is holding up your starting with us, Henk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:23 pm

I will be downloading the install files from SoE . But maybe it will work out well. Here's a quote from my confirmation email from them...

"As you know, this expansion is available from SOE only via download, no physical discs will be provided. To minimize the size of your patch on the live date, we suggest that you start to gradually download the necessary files using the 'start incremental download' option that will appear during the login procedure some time before the live date."

I'll let you know how it works out.

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Please do!

But to me having the actual "box" has always been fun in itself, plus i want all the extra's (parrot, sword etc.), even the music CD which sounds nice to have as well!

I have contacted Arturr on the official forum and i am now awaiting the reactivation of my paypall account. Should tale awhile though but rest assured i WILL get this game!

The age 'o sail has fascinated me ever since i was young...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Argyll of Bute wrote:
I dont care! I DON'T CARE!!

I've just booked the whole week off work. hehehe
hahaha heheheh....

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:42 pm

I've just taken a 2nd week off, so i'll be off for 2 weeks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:49 pm

Well one more problem for me to overcome so please help me if ye will!

Today i learned that i will not be getting this creditcard after all, before anyone starts pointin' at me i will explain a bit:

After my divorce i took upon me all the debts that my ex wife made, many i wasn't even aware off and the bills keep still coming in two years after! Problem is i cannot get a creditcard, buy a house or get a loan should i need it!

My question: is it possible for me to pay for the monthly fee if i use a relatives card, can this work?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Yeah, should be able too. Also, might want to look and see if any stores around you are gonna carry game time cards for PotBS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:53 pm

yes.
Allso at leat hear in the U.S. you can allso get prepaid credit cards.
Most western union places will have them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Thank ye both for answering on such short notice!

Having a credit card over here in Holland is not at all common as it may be in the Americas, so it is more of a problem here!
I will look into game time cards, but to be honest i will not be able to order the preorder just yet but i am working on it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Argyll of Bute wrote:
I've just taken a 2nd week off, so i'll be off for 2 weeks...

My goodness dude! lol can I borrow some time off?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:28 pm

Owl wrote:
i will not be able to order the preorder just yet but i am working on it!

Good luck, Henk. I can't imagine this game getting started without you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Seriously?

That is one 'o the kindest things anyone has said to me in a long time, however i checked to see if there was any news concerning paypall and there is! I will be transferring money to that account so i can pay off, i mean pay Arturr... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:02 pm

I could technically take 3 weeks holidays, i have enough time saved up, but 2 is enough, anymore and my boss is come and hunt me down.

Credit is a pain, i am also going towards bankruptsy, sooner rather than later, but there will probably still be people who will give you credit. You could try capital one. Or similar Visa card companies.

The only important thing to remember with debt is, if you can setup at least 1 hire purchase agreements and never default on it. People will lend to you. If all you have is a string of apparent debts noone will touch you. Here in scotland debt is a national issue. And i've been waiting nearly 10 years to get this sorted out. I've spent far too long with a great weight hanging over me that should never have exsisted to begin with. I also inherited family debt and it's just plain stupid that laws can blame someone else for a debt they didn't make.

So good luck to you Owl, getting on with life is a real misery if you let it get you down. Fortunately in scotland our national laws actually offer us alot of protection from racketeering companies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:29 pm

Owl wrote:
Seriously?

That is one 'o the kindest things anyone has said to me in a long time, however i checked to see if there was any news concerning paypall and there is! I will be transferring money to that account so i can pay off, i mean pay Arturr... Very Happy

That's great news!

I guess Debt seems to be a big problem everywhere these days.

...As of September 2005, the total US household debt stood at 121% of disposable income. Meaning the avearge American spend 21% more than they earn each year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:02 pm

I broke the debit cicel myself a few years ago when I relised it was the resion the rich get richer and the get poorer.

You buy and cedit the item you buy start losing value.
but your paying the person you barrowe mony from the full price pluse intrest. so end the end you have eather nothing or somthing worth a lot less. and your cerditor gets more then the value of the item back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not long to go now *twitch*   Not long to go now *twitch* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not long to go now *twitch*
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: