Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letter of Introduction - von Klein

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Letter of Introduction - von Klein Empty
PostSubject: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:45 am

To Whom It May Concern

This letter is to commend to you two the leading Captains of Gräfin von Klein, the well-known widower whose import-export business has had the pleasure of many mutual and successful business dealings with the Highland Confederacy. It is only appropriate that these two Captains are also the heirs of this well-known business, per our agreement to pursue joint ventures by sea that will bring glory to France and consternation to the English.

Gudrun von Klein, our Senior Captain and eldest, is a skilled trader, expert navigator, and a respected leader despite her sex. She has the full faith and confidence of the von Klein family and fortune.

Lisette von Klein, our Junior Captain, holds a Letter of Marque from the French Crown as well as a well-armed, crewed and provisioned ship courtesy of the von Klein business. Treat her as you would any man and you will do well. Assume that her sex makes her in any way weaker or more pliable at your deadly peril.

(signed)
Gräfin Hilda von Klein

================================================

Forum Name: von Klein

A more detailed history and description of the von Kleins, who hail from the borderlands of Bavaria (a traditional ally of France), will be found in the appropriate section. While independent “von Klein” is fictional, Bavaria was a traditional and staunch ally of France, making it a dire enemy of England in this era and for a century to come.

Lisette von Klein is my privateer character, and intended to be my main. However, I believe it wise to concentrate all my economic activity in a trader character, who could make use of advanced deeds as well as specialized trading ships. This trader alt is Gudrun von Klein. I expect both characters to work in concert, but by happenstance they never seem to be in the same place at the same time.

As you might guess, I am a veteran RPer who has played MMORPGs from the mid-90s (the old text games on GEnie). I have led RP guilds in other games, but my job now makes that impossible. My academic background is in history, so I can definitely hold up my end there.

I tried PotBS in the open beta. To my surprise it is a hugely interesting and entertaining game. The last time I had this much fun on the high seas was playing the original Sid Meier “Pirates” in the late 80s.

The Highland Confederacy caught my eye as one of the few guilds serious about RP for PotBS. The creativity of basing a guild around disaffected Jacobites had me smiling from ear to ear. I figured why not add a novel twist and toss in someone from another “loser” ally of France – Bavaria. If that’s just too far from home for the Highland Confederacy, you an always decide you don’t need no stinkin’ Germans with their Rhein wines and beer steins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:46 am

It would be my honor to serve ye in any way possible 'n proper, milady Grävin von Klein! *Bows*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:08 am

Frau Gräfin Hilda von Klein,

It was with great pleasure I read of your decision to assign two of your Captains to the efforts of The Highland Confederacy. We look forward to their addition to our great cause on behalf of James III/VIII.

Captain Jack McBain
Commodore
The Highland Confederacy

ooc
We are privileged to have several very competent female players in our rp society and wish to warmly welcome the addition of another. Please feel free to poke around the forum threads and contribute as you feel led. One of the officers will add your characters to the official list of 'Recruits'. Our Proprietor-General, Wilhelm von Somborn, is a German of Prussian descent so obviously our little group is quite please to have another. I believe there are three four German recruits presently, if I am not mistaken. At any rate, have fun! This is a great place to be!!
/ooc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 9:47 am

Ummm, McBain, I'm not certain a Prussian and a Bavarian mix all that well. The combination could well be explosive!

However if they accept a lowlander borderer, who is likely as much English as Scottish, they'll probably take a Bavarian as well.

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Cead Mile Failte   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:27 am

Aye, cead mile failte milady! A 100000 welcoms to ya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 10:41 am

Bognor wrote:
Ummm, McBain, I'm not certain a Prussian and a Bavarian mix all that well. The combination could well be explosive!

Ops, my bad! Shocked Thanks Bog & sorry von Klien family.

(I have got to brush up on my Germanic relationships.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:30 pm

The pleasure is all mine, without a doubt. I've been wondering when Bavaria would heed the call, but I had no idea the call would be answered in such... eh, how do you say, elegant fashion.

Please feel welcomed and among friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 7:27 pm

“See Lisette, they are really quite fine people.” Gudrun arched an eyebrow at her sister.

“Ach, but kan theys fight?” Lisette toyed with the hilt of her cutlass, looking longingly toward the harbor.

Gudrun rolled her eyes. “Of course. They just finished a war with the British a few years back.”

Lisette brightened immediately. “Ah, yawh. Vell....” She smiled a rapacious smile. “Perhaps they another have?”

Gudrun chuckled. “You must talk to their commodore of privateers about that, my dear.” She paused and smiled. “Oh, you really should work on that accent. You sound like some Tyrolean jager’s daughter.”

“Ish, no accent is mine! You sounds as some Britisher! I not listens you to.” Lisette pouted, set her hips and tossed her head.

Gudrun shrugged and smiled. “Just a thought, sister, just a thought.”

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Well met, Herr von Klein.

It's encouraging to see another non-Scottish or French character wishing to ally with this good cause. Hopefully we will fight alongside eachother in-game.

"Ach" is "ach," in either German or Scottish. Smile So let me issue you a good "Ach!!!"

Warmly,

Mbate, "le Candomble"
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:11 pm

OOC: Welcome to the both of you! I would never have thought of Bavaria as an ally so it got me reading a little unfamiliar history, which is always a good thing!

I really am impressed with the way people are coming up with all kinds of creative characters that fall outside the original focus of the Confederacy. In doing that, however, the Confederacy is actually taking on the character that Hamish and Dermid envisaged for it, I think: a group that pulls together all those disaffected for one reason or another with the lengthening reach of English Empire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter of Introduction - von Klein   Letter of Introduction - von Klein Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter of Introduction - von Klein
Page 1 of 1