Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

William MacNeil

Go down 
AuthorMessage

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:04 pm

A bonny mornin' to all my fellow countrymen, and to those who deem themselves fit to fight the good fight.

I am William MacNeil, a Privateer employed by the King of France to do that which me and mine have been doing for ages now off the coast of England - dispensing a wee bit o' justice to the dirty Sasonax. I've only recently made port in the Carribean and took notice of your posting in Charlesfort.

I would be most grateful if you took it into consideration to grant me membership to your fine organization,

Dutifully,

William MacNeil

OOC:

Hello, my real name is Patrick and I hail from the bitter northern wastes of Canada (though some other Canadians would laugh at that, seeing how I live in Toronto). I'm off Scottish descent and so I have been raised with a good-spirited and tongue-in-cheek dislike for all things English, sort of a family inside-joke I suppose.

I have been RPing for about 12 years now, both table-top and online in more games than I care to mention here, suffice to say name a popular product and I've probably played it. I've been running games as a GM (DM, Storyteller, whatever the system calls it) for a decade now and love to tell stories and watch players uncover the mysteries within my stories. To me, RPing is a chance to explore situations you could otherwise never experience. Whether that is being a tough swordsman fighting down mythical monsters or becoming a rich and powerful merchant with a King in his pocket, it's all a great form of expressing your imagination in a fun and social get-together.

I'd like to join the Highland Confederacy because I find it is an interesting and unique take on the typical factions of the Age of Piracy. Many people overlook the politics in the Old World and I've always been interested in all things historical. My scottish ancestry naturally leans me more towards anything related to that, as any Scot will know.

I suppose I should leave it at that for now Smile

Thanks for your time in reading this and I hope to sail by your sides soon!

Official FLS forum ID: Divinicus
Real life name: Patrick
PotBS character: William MacNeil (on the Bonny Server)
Profession: Privateer
Back to top Go down

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: Re: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Greetings to ye Mr. MacNeil, and a most welcome indeed!

Good to hear that yet another shares my dislike 'o Britannia in some ways and is willing to sail with us in the West Indies!

Unfortunately we will not meet in person for the time being since there has been some consideral delay which prevents me from settin' sail, but rest assured that day will soon come!

Sincerely,

Henk Owl
Back to top Go down

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: Re: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 6:37 am

Captain MacNeil,

Privateers interested in giving the British a black eye are always welcome in our ranks.

Wilhelm von Somborn
Proprietor-General
The Highland Confederacy

OOC:
Welcome to the Highland Confederacy. Take a load off your feet at the Albatross if your interested in a little bit of RP or head in game to meet up with us for some carnage.
Back to top Go down

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: Re: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:38 am

Captain MacNeil,

Glad I am to read o' your interest to throw yur lot in with the Highland Confederacy. Our privateer squadron is definitely looking for some muscle to add to our ranks. If ye hate the English then you've joined up with the right crew.

Jack McBain

((Welcome to the Highland Confederacy! I'll add your name to our in game recruit list if it has not already been done. You'll get an automatic invitation the next time you log on. This status gives both you and HC an opportunity to get to know each other.)
Back to top Go down

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: Re: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:56 pm

If the lot of ye fight with the same vigour you welcome new recruits, then the English are in for some nasty surprises indeed. Thank you one and all for your hearty greetings.
Back to top Go down

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: Re: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:09 pm

William MacNeil wrote:
If the lot of ye fight with the same vigour

Rest assured i do!
Back to top Go down

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: Re: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 7:49 am

Jack watched quietly from his usual corner table as the slow fuse of drama unfolded next to him and Wilhelm. It had been a spell since McBain had heard the voice of ancient Ireland, so foreign yet familiar to his own ancient Scottish tongue. He felt a great deal of sadness and empathy for the drunken chap. He felt more than sorrow for the gent. He felt the kinship of a shared national disaster. The Celts of both Ireland and Scotland had suffered greatly under the religious intolerance called the Curse of Cromwell.

“Aye, Proprietor-General, he’d probably not recognize a Patriot of James who speaks with a German accent. No sense giving him more to think about in his present state.” Jack rose from his chair as he added, “I’ll let him know he’s in good company”.

As he moved the short distance between them he saw his friend Whiskey Pete raise his glass to the newcomer and give him welcome. He sat down, “Aye, sir, Let me echo me friends words, Welcome to ye, welcome to the Burning Sea. Ye may not know it just yet sir, but ye’ve found safe harbor in ta middle of a confederacy of men and women who have felt the pain of Cromwell and more. And we intend to return double to the English any way we can.”

Looking over at Whiskey, Jack made clear with a glance that Pete was welcomed to join them...

((Good to have you Mike! Michael Kavanagh has spoken for all our discontent, heartache and rage! The Highland Confederacy is proud to add ye as recruit. If Wilhelm has not already done so, I will add the name of Michael Kavanagh to the roster. Make yourself at home. Peruse the forums; contribute where you feel drawn.

In game any of our members will answer questions and offer help but you’re particularly welcomed when in need to send a tell to Henk Owl (a rascal of a Dutchman), Benoit Bontecou the sauve Frenchman, Scotsman Argyll Campbell, William MacNeil and myself, and of course your fellow Irishman, Whisky Pete, who has already given his welcome to you here. There be several other Irishmen within our ranks but I’ll leave the privilege of those introductions to them. We be HC’s official welcoming committee and will answer any question or offer any assistance you might require.))
Back to top Go down

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: Re: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:20 am

((Wrong thread, Jack. I think.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

William MacNeil Empty
PostSubject: Re: William MacNeil   William MacNeil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

William MacNeil
Page 1 of 1