Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader Empty
PostSubject: Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader   Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Aislinn Murphy, daughter of expatriate Irish parents and captain of the free-trader White Rose. This letter is to express my deep interest in joining your confederacy and your purpose.

My father fought for King James II in the War of the Two Kings. After the defeat of the army at Limerick in ‘91, he and my mother sailed to France with Sarsfield and the rest of the army. As a matter of fact, I was born on that voyage, which I believe explains why I have always loved the sea and ships. My mother wanted me to marry a wealthy merchant, but that was not for me. I compromised as best I could with her, however. My father called in a few favors and obtained for me a post as a junior officer on a merchant ship. I had him wrapped around my little finger, you see, and he could never deny me anything.

Since then, I have worked my way to Second Officer on a small trader venturing into the New World. We were making for Charlesfort when we came upon a battle between two pirate ships and another French vessel. It being my off-watch, I knew nothing of this until I was wakened to find both the Captain and the First Officer dead, the ship boarded and the crew in disarray. I took command and we repelled the boarders, then sank the pirates and rescued their first victim, or what was left of them. They had taken heavy losses and their captain died as I gave him the good news that they were safe. We made it to port without further incident.

One of my previous commanders had recommended that I look up your company if I ever found myself in the New World. Although he had never left the Mediterranean, he knew of you by reputation and believed it would likely be a mutually beneficial association. What I have learned since arriving here has confirmed his belief to my satisfaction.

Out of Character Section

I am ImaginaryGypsy, a legend in my own mind. My real name is Larry, age 50-something-or-other, fully employed, and husband and father. I play games to have fun, and I do like to play whenever I have a chance, but my real life does always come first. I prefer to play with relatively mature players, whatever their calendar age. If I wanted to be “leet” (did I spell that right?) I would be playing WoW with my teenagers. I have been following PotBS for nearly two years, waiting less than patiently and playing Everquest. I have been playing throughout open beta and pre-boarding, different characters, different nations, different careers, to make sure who and what I wanted to be. Now I have decided and made the character I want to be.

My official FLS forum name is ImaginaryGypsy.

I am a Freetrader. I have tried rum running, shipbuilding, powder making and weaponsmithing. Before I committed to anything specific, I wanted to see what the guild might be most in need of.

RP, to me, is to play your character. Act and react as they would, if they were real. My actual RP experience is somewhat limited, and I look forward to honing those skills, although I am pretty good at researching and creating characters.

Why would I like to join the Highland Confederacy? As I said in my IC introduction, I believe it would be a mutually beneficial association, both in complimentary talents and temperaments. My mother’s family comes from Scotland and the Isle of Man, and my father’s (probably) from Ireland. If I had been around back then, I probably would have fought against Cromwell and William and all their ilk. And, it sounds like you guys (and gals) are having a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader   Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:20 am

Captain Aislinn Murphy,

We of the Highland Confederacy are delighted to hear of your interest in assisting our cause. Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your promotion to captain, although, of course, I wish it had been under other circumstances. We look forward to adding you to our numbers, and hope to meet with you soon.

Wilhelm von Somborn
Proprietor-General
The Highland Confederacy

OOC:
Thank you for the wonderful introduction. I have added you as a recruit, so feel free to jump in and post in the forums (or only post a little and game a lot, if thats your thing).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader   Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:51 am

Ach, another old timer! Welcome!

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader   Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:48 am

Welcome indeed, looking forward in seein' you in the West Indies...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader   Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:51 pm

It is very nice to meet you. Please make yourself at home.

If you're ever in the mod for some RP drop by the Albatross and feel free to jump in any of the posts there.

~Salut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader   Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aislinn Murphy - Free Trader
Page 1 of 1