Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Quit!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Not particularly HC, but Potbs.

I've had enough of the lag, the bugs, the crap melee, the crap ship combat, the lack of auction safe guards. The general poor quality of the game in general.

I'm cancelling my subs. Until they add safe guards to the auction house and building.

I've lost over 100k now due to making mistakes and clicking the wrong buttons by accident. And i'm just sick of it.

Someone else can build ships for HC. I'll hand over my entire warehouse to them before my free month ends.

Tell me who this is and i'll organise it with them.

I can think of a dozen games which has a simple "Do you wish to do this? y/n" option when spending money and if the FLS devs can't be bothered adding such a simple feature they ain't getting my subscription fees.
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Sorry to hear mate, i will miss you that is without any doubts!
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 3:58 pm

If you are truly serious on this Argyll, my Freetrader, Philip, would be proud to take up your banner.
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:07 am

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this. I am going to be sorry to see you go, as will quite a few people, I think. I do hope that things go well for you after you quit and that you find something else you enjoy.

Moving on to your kind offer, I would be willing to accept some of your goods, assuming that you do indeed quit, but I would like to see them split among Philip, Marie, and anyone else interested, if that is acceptable with you.
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 12:47 pm

I'll log in to get this sorted out. Be aware that i have about 7 ship loads of materials in my warehouse. Having a warehouse in Leogane or Jaqueme would make it an easier transfer.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Boy, I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving. I hope you'll check in now and then to see if FLS has made the improvements you're looking for.

Maybe the Lady Honor could take on some of your supplies as she has a warehouse in Leogane and is in ship building anyway.
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 3:40 pm

I've decided to semi unquit... I'll continue to make ships, i simply have too much atm to move it anywhere, it'd take me about 12 hours to move everything. However, i'll not be as active as many might wish, i'll be on every 3-4 days are so, or probably only at weekends.
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Good to hear laddy!

Does this mean i can still order the occasional ship deed for a more than fair price?!
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:27 am

Owl wrote:
Good to hear laddy!

Does this mean i can still order the occasional ship deed for a more than fair price?!

Not openly you can't pirate!
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:43 am

Aye to that "trader" or should i say free entrepreneur?! pirat
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Truly glad you changed your mind, I enjoyed the few times we've met.
Hope to see you soon.
Back to top Go down

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:27 pm

I've decided not to renew my subscription.

The reasons for this are really quite simple. I play other games and when i play on other servers i play a seamless lag free experience. When i play potbs i play a laggy buggy game.

Yes i'm well aware that many other games are released like this. I don't play those games either.

I do think it is probably more server lag than any particular video lag, but some of it is and overall i don't really want to restart from new on a new server as a freetrader and i can't see me exsisting as just a combateer.

I will check back with the game in 3-4 months and have a look around then. Maybe by then they will have added support for dual and quad cpus and finally built some decent 8600 video support into it.

My last days in potbs will be the 15-20th, i will be about before that, but will be toning down operations. My last huge ships are out and in service. I will have a few large and huge rigs made up from the materials i have and i suspect i will have quite a few items to pass on. It would be easier for someone wanting to reiceve these items to have a warehouse in jaqueme. My last attempt to move the entire contents was stopped at the realisation i had over 10 santiago holds full... thats about 20 hours of hauling. This time around i think probably about 4-5 hauls.

I've er decided i probably won't be coming back ever. Check out http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?func=frontend.show&template=main to see why...

No ships...sure...but...wow...lots of wow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Quit! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Quit!   I Quit! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Quit!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: