Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server Recruitment Drive

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Server Recruitment Drive Empty
PostSubject: Server Recruitment Drive   Server Recruitment Drive Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:51 pm

I have been thinking about our issue, that being a lack of unity and a lack of people. And I believe there may be a solution to one or both. That of a server recruitment drive.

Nothing to complicated or requirirng to much effort. The idea is simple. Announce on the general forums a time and place on Bonny when new players to Bonny (on the french side) can pick up a Bermuda Sloop for free. Since sloops are rather cheap to make and take few resources, the costs can be absorbed easily.

But at the same time, this offering might bring in more players to the server, even up the sides a little, And could garner some good will from the rest of the french people concerning us. By what I have read, we are seen as parias right now.

I would offer that we initially start with a small number of ships. And if we see a large enough demand and benafit. That this could be turned into a more regular thing with a greater quantity of deeds. Oppinions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server Recruitment Drive   Server Recruitment Drive Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 2:12 am

I like the idea... in principle...

However, what would keep one Brit or Pirate with a second account from repeatedly showing up under different names and collecting the ships? We know stuff like this happens... sigh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server Recruitment Drive   Server Recruitment Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:06 am

It would also piss off other French shipbuilders if you start giving free ships to people that they could be selling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Server Recruitment Drive   Server Recruitment Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:56 pm

True, people would get urked. And the possibility of people theafing away ships is also possible. But the question is how much do people loose by giving away a Bermuda Sloop to a new player compared to how much they may make when those new players buy new ships.

I am not talking about giving away frigates after all. I am talking about a limitied offer that might occure once every month to draw new people to the french side of our server. And I doubt that to many people would complain when their sails of higher cost/profit vessles increases in a couple weeks time. Would you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Recruitment Drive   Server Recruitment Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Recruitment Drive
Page 1 of 1