Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dermid Returns

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Dermid Returns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 3:08 pm

Brodeur smirks at the responses of the inhabitants of the tavern.

"Oui, za King wants dis confederacy which 'ails under the french flag to flourish in these waters. I am 'appy to send word that you are in complete safety with me.." Before he finishes, he begins to show an enlightened face. "..and Monsieur deMontfort."

Moving closer to the populated table, a young face with a meager outline of a beard is revealed. He bows slightly to Emile then regains his professional posture.

"I 'ave 'eard of you, too, mon amie. Unfortunately gent'lmen, I do not bring a ship of za line. Nor am I adequetely crewed. Althoug' young, I do bring experience and protection in 'is Majesty's stead. 'N I am pristine wit ze sword."

He bows once again, smiling. "I offer zzis 'n more to za table."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 3:22 pm

*Jon eases up at the comforting news*

"Aye, at least your not here to bring any trouble t' t'e tables, eh? If ye'd like I'll send word home to my islan' an' get some fine Irishman t' crew your vessel mate. It be leisure time now wit' t'e storm a brewin' an' what not."

*Jon looks over to Willem* "Two more Willem, an' if ye'd like a drink Monsieur just let here Willem know. Best ale in t'is here port I tell ya."

*Willem passes Jon the two tankards and Jon walks back to his seat*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Merci, monsieur for 'yer buen 'ospitality.

Jacques pulls a chair from an empty table and drags it to the table of men drinking. Before sitting, he walks toward the bartender and smirks. "Would you 'appen to 'ave any french wine? Juz' kiddin. I'll take a some ale afta' a long day and stormy weather."

After being serviced by Willam, he walks back to his seat and sits down slowly, gulping the first taste of the ale.

"So 'ow's business these days, mon amis?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:41 pm

At first, Wilhelm looks somewhat put off by the newcomers attitude. Then, a smile dances across his face for a moment. Wilhelm looks up at the cealing casually.

"Ah, now that I think about it, I am a bit cold. Must be the change in the weather. Willem, I'll have a glass of that Latour '93 we got in a couple of weeks. The one Miss Kraus found on the cheap. And a glass for Contre-Amiral de Montfort too, if you please."

After saying this, Wilhelm winks slyly to Emile and stands.

"I am glad to see the first of your men arrive faster than expected.
Gentlemen, a toast to Contre-Amiral deMontfort, leader of the King's naval attachment to the Confederacy!"

"Zum Wohl!" ((to your health))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 8:30 pm

When the issue of the newcomer was settled and the conversation turned towards drink and leisure, Émile returned to his seat, finished off his glass of rum, and then proceeded to lose himself in thought and consideration. The arrival of another naval captain was nothing other than good news. As two heads are often better than one at discerning the answer to any problem, so too are two ships better at protecting trade convoys. No, it was not his presence that warranted such thought; the reasons behind his arrival were what concerned him. Had the King truly changed his mind (as he was generally wont to do)? Had his appeals actually had some belated effect? Did his father, the Marquis deMontfort, have a hand in it somehow?

“…And a glass for Contre-Amiral deMontfort too, if you please.”

Despite the depth of his thought, those words were more than enough to bring Émile back to the present. His initial response was only to turn a questioning gaze on the speaker, Wilhelm.

"I am glad to see the first of your men arrive faster than expected. Gentlemen, a toast to Contre-Amiral deMontfort, leader of the King's naval attachment to the Confederacy!"

"Zum Wohl!"

“Merci, mes amis,” Émile said as he stood once again, slightly bowing his head, “I hope that I can prove myself worthy of such an honor.”

((OOC: Please forgive me if the French bits are off. I’m no native speaker after all Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 9:01 pm

Marques smiles at Wilhelm's friendly toast to the fellow officer.

"Merci, mes amis. I hope I can prove myself worthy of such an honor."

Upon hearing the promotion and observing Emile's acceptance of the toast, Brodeur speaks, "
As an off'cer of ze same orders, I shall serve you and 'onour your decisions, mon capitaine. Vive l'ighland Confederacy!"

He raises his mug of ale and gives a casual salute to his newly appointed superior, then finishes the last of his drink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 9:56 pm

If Wilhelm is surprised by the ready acceptance of what he thought a simple joke, he makes no show of it.

Wilhelm thinks to himself:
...Ah well, its only one rank. I should have enough influence to make it truth before this gets too embarasing, and the son of deMontfort is a useful ally to have.

"Now as to your previous question, I can't be giving you any solid answer of when the rest of our members will be by. We are all busy setting up our operations in the area, and some come by here but seldom. You just missed Dermid Gavin by a scant few minutes. We'll see if the storm drives anyone to shelter here, yes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 2:05 am

As the storm rages a lonely figure is inspecting a wet map with a lanter on his other hand, glancing over his shoulder time to time. "Hmm, the Albatross... It should be just around the corner."

As the stranger arrives to his destination he pauses for a moment making sure that nobody is following him, seeing that the coast is clear he enters the welcoming tavern.

Inside the tavern he hangs his long raincoat revealing a weary face with a stubble of day or two and a blue sweater.

While taking a good glance of the tavern he sights Jacques and Wilhelm chatting. He then orders a pint, sits down near the pair and leans towards them and asks in a clearly scandinavian accent. "Might you fancyboys be of the Confederacy, eh?"

OCC. If you want to now how my char. looks like, imagine those german ww2 U-boat captains Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 8:04 am

Brodeur nods at Wilhelm and suddenly a dark figure enters the tavern and sits down beside them. "Might you fancyboys be of the Confederacy, eh?"

"Oui! 'tis be a day of orientations, I wonder. Monsieur Emile et I 'ave just arrived to meet zzese confederacy gentlemen. As an agent of their security, I must ask what yer purpose is wit' ze 'ighland condeferacy?"

Jacques observes the new gentleman carefully and remains somewhat guarded. His fingers are lightly tabbing at his rapier handle as he waits for an answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 2:22 pm

"Ah, my name is Olaf, and theres no need to use that sword of yours there, I aint got no blades with me."
At the same time he raises his hands and a knife fells out of his sweater.
"Erh... Thats for the fishies you know..."
He then sit downs and continues
"Im here to be as a new recruit, so that makes us comdares, eh?"
Swinging his pint he continues
"And what would be a better way to get to know those people that im going to be hanged with than a good old pint!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 3:16 pm

A slight smile rolls across Macques Brodeur's face. Perhaps it is a sign of relief. This community seems to be growing before his eyes.

"Tis up to za superiors of zis organization to accept you. I am merely an off-'and sword for zer goals to be met in ze dangerous Caribbean. Curious..what do ya bring to ze table pour these men? A scout, or a merc'ant? Or anot'er officer to grace our presence?"

He aimlessly looks around to seem occupied. It is obvious that he is still somewhat uncomfortable in this new community. The weather seems to show no weakness as the night approaches. He glances back at Olaf and awaits a response.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 4:08 pm

"What do I what..?"
Pondering for a minute.
"Aah yes, what do I bring to the table. Hmm, well you could call me a jack of all trades, you name it!."
"I love ze zwind in zmy faze and the thrill of tze adzenture."
Laughs in a deep but friendly voice.

OCC. My char is going to be a freetrader
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:46 pm

Hamish listens to all the chatter around him and shakes his head at Wilhelm's antics. Promoting naval officers as if we were the new power in France. But it seemed to cause a bit of confusion and Hamish found that funny in his ale loosened state.

He noted the entry of yet another new person and he wondered if someone was perhaps directing all of the disaffected people of the world to the Albatross and throwing in a couple of officers for effect. Well at least numbers were growing so that was good. There could be no complaints. This new customer seemed to have the look of a tradesman, which was good. With naval officers and he and a couple others plying trade as Corsairs as the French called them, there was need for someone to actually make money. Of course Hamish was financing another young merchant to work under him and he himself would dabble in some trade, still it was good to get more merchants into the group. They would be the Confederacy's bread and butter.

Instead of speaking up, he simply let those around him talk as he continued to down the ale.
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 12:07 pm

Jacques smiles faintly at the attempt at mocking his accent.

"
"I love ze zwind in zmy faze and the thrill of tze adzenture." Says Olaf

Brodeur returns to a straight face as he ponders Hamish's face, fixated on something in his mind.

"I need more ta drrink, monsieurs!"

It is getting late and the storm shows no retreat from pummeling the ceiling with lances of rain. The officer tightens his vest, and forces himself up. Willam already has another sparkling ale waiting for him at the bar counter. Jacques nods at the bartender and swings his hand for the mug handle. Taking meager sips, the uniformed man walks over to the door, hearing the howls of the wind and the roar of the storm rise as he gets closer.

"Doesn't look like it will stop anytime soon, gents. A few more drinks 'n I'll find myself sleepin on za table, hah!"

He grins and takes a big gulp of the ale. Leaning on the wall beside the door, he watches the rain charge down like volleys of gunfire.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 12:22 am

Hamish stands suddenly, swaying a bit from the effects of the Ale.

"Wull gen'lemen...an' ye Wilhelm," Hamish chuckles at his own joke, "Ah've 'ad me fill fer tha night. Ah gewt me a rewm in tha back ah'm gonna make use of. Goodnight tae ye all an' et was gewd tae meet tha' lot o' ye! 'Ere's tae tha Confederacy! Lewng may 'er sail fill wit' Caribbean air, an' may we fin' many in every port! Tae ye gen'lemen!"

With that Hamish finishes off his last bit of ale, which was made easier as much of it was sloshed onto the table during his toast and the crashing of tankards, smiles to all assembled and heads out of the room....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 1:28 pm

"It is getting a bit late, isn't it" Émile said quietly as Hamish left the room, more to himself than any other. More audibly he added, "I believe I shall be calling it a night as well, messieurs, with your leave."

After first raising the collar on his coat and lowering his tri-corner hat, he stood, offered a slight bow to the men still present, and then made his way towards the door.

"Until tomorrow." With those parting words, he stepped outside into the storm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 2:15 pm

*Jon watches as his fellow comrades leave*

"Aye, T'e moon is gettin' a bit too high in t'e sky. An' I do believe im settin sail for New Orleans tomorrow to stake my plot and set up a timberin' business."

*Jon raises his tankard and finishes his ale then sets down the lightweight piece of tin.* "Good fortune t' ye all mates." *Jon then makes his way to the door*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:11 pm

With a loud thud Olaf finishes his ale, seeks a dark corner table and lifts his legs on the table.

In no time there starts a quiet snoring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 5:18 pm

"It seems our fine compatriates have the right idea. If you gentlemen will excuse me, I too will seek my bed."

With that, Wilhelm stands up and strides purposefully out the door and into the rainy night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:54 pm

Brodeur watches the 5 other men leave in their own way. Some to sleep within the tavern, and others to take shelter past the hazzard of the storm. Jacques is no advocate for such situations. He tries to remember where exactly he docked his ship. Knowing would ensure a quick escape from the weather and into his comforting cabin in the vessel.

"Au revoir, gents," the frenchman says to Olaf, who is still snoring from the corner, and Hamish, who is also in the building but in another room most likely sleeping aswell.

Without a moment's thought, the naval officer nods at Willam, who seems to be 1/2 asleep cleaning around the building, and runs out the door and fades into the rain and the darkness.

(OOC: I assume this is the end of Dermid Returns?)
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 11:00 pm

((Yah, I believe it's good to move forward. Can only drink so longe. Just so everyone know, feel free to start your own threads. They can take place at different times and don't have to take place in the tavern. I want the Albatross to be for on going RP stories that can eventually involve others, stories for things happening in the current time. I'd like to use the Copper for telling stories that have past. Back stories, other stories as you like, but generally ones where you don't expect others to jump in an help steer the story.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Returns   Dermid Returns - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dermid Returns
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2