Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights Empty
PostSubject: Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights   Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 7:16 am

Though memories are faint, if not missing completely, the story goes that my family left for the caribbean from the port of Leith upon the Endeavour when I was not more than 4. We were members of the original 1600 or so Scots that left looking for a better life in the east than what we could find at home. We had high hopes that glory for our country and wealth for ourselves could be found in this new land.

Unfortunately, that optimism was quickly spoilt. Fever, indians, and the lack of British support left our people without hope. Not more than a year later, the original landing was abandoned and the wealthier few returned home. The rest of us scattered about in hopes of simple survival.

My family presented to Port Royal that following year and there my father, representing the ill remaining members, pleaded with the British for help and assistance. That is really my first memory. Not of that event, but of the reaction of my mother when my father returned home that evening.

A short 5 years later, my parents were lost in a fire and I have been forced to find my way on the smaller side streets beyond Port Royal since that time. I made my way aboard a merchant shipt and travelled into French held lands and there I've slowly pulled myself up the ladder so to say and now have a plot of land I lay claim to and have acquired a small vessel. I am a merchant and trader and one with a will to live.

~ Dermid Gavin recounts his past ~

Last edited by on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights   Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 8:31 am

Nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights   Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 9:32 am

(Dermid responds to questions about the Treaty of Union)

*Tone moves into a clearly agitated state*

It is treaty of oppression from where I sit!

I can't believe kin would sign such a thing. They claim our failure in New Caledonia was part of the reason, but that just shows ignorance. Hell, I was there and if not for the actions of the British scum, we would have prevailed. Sit back and do nothin and then agree to give it away. Bah!

*takes a large drink of ale, leans back and drifts into his past*

I think it was probably the 9th year before I heard rumblings of agreement. I was still young at age and had just found a home in the The Albatross where Willem McDough had taken me, at least a bit, under his wing. Twas there in that tavern I heard sailors speak of the agreement. Can't say that a single one thought it was good for Scotland. Merging of two shouldn't mean losing your voice, you know.

Sad thing is, I think they're right. Word is they are no better now than before and worse off if you count the lack of say. So for the time being, I don't see me returning. I've got a better chance here to make it on my own and if I can take down the Brits just one step in raising meself up, then that I'll do!

*Browses his pockets, takes a quick look, then raises his hand and orders yet another round for the table and shouts "Let's bring one without a hole in bottom this time round!"*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights   Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Link to the Bio and storyline of Dermid Gavins.

http://riversidemod.wordpress.com/tag/potbs/dermid-gavin/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights   Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dermid Gavin Bio and Insights
Page 1 of 1