Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Empty
PostSubject: Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...   Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 4:06 pm

IC Intro:

As the last of the sunlight fades from the offices of the Highland Confederacy, a figure bursts through the door. His wig well powdered, perhaps it would take the entire Societe Nationale to determine if there was a wig under the powder coating on his head. Beneath the wig is a face that might be mistaken for grim determination, but on closer inspection is just sort of sour, a grim visage of entitlement.

In the fading sunlight his white courtiers outfit glitters with red on the golden embroidery. He looks perfect, a picture of the Versailles courtier. In fact there is something staged about his entrance, as if he had spent the entire day across the street in a bar, waiting for the right quality of light to enter and impress his new associates.

He strides across the room, and hands over a letter. Sealed with the Seal of the Duc d’Orleans, Regent of France. “My introduction, as I believe is customary.”

Quote :
To the Supporters of the Glorious Stuart Restoration:

In the Name of the King of France, who loves your cause greatly, and looks forward to the day he sees his cousin sitting on the thrown of England, I am pleased to inscribe this letter of introduction for Xavier Bonaventure. His Majesty has sent his servant in a gesture of common cause to bring the strength of La France more solidly to your cause.

I know you will find his service to your cause as compelling and fruitful as he has always served La France. Le Roi extends his personal gratitude and best wishes in your endeavors to place James III, the Rightful King of England, on his throne.

Guillume Laverdac,
Secretary of the Regency

A snake-like smile spreads under his immaculately waxed mustache.

“I have news and messages from La France, and I also bring a
Message from the Regent. Once delivered, I am to assist you in any way
possible. My instructions are to support your efforts, and to act as a go
between with My Uncle’s interests in La Caribe.

“On to the message… While the Regent values your work on his behalf, he has asked me to remind you that you letters of Marque permit you to raid shipping of all the Enemies of La France.

“I have brought wine from the continent, let us open it, and discuss business.”

Character Description: Captain Bonaventure is up on Paris fashion. He vain and self centered. He is a bastard raised in the house of the regent who he refers to as “Uncle Philippe.” He is quick to duel, but is usually beaten, and fights to first blood. A Libertine, He loves theater and the arts. He seems very out of place in the Caribbean, and more so with the Highland Confederacy, but as is always the case, he is tight lipped about why he is no longer in Paris.

Main Motivation: The Jacobites have fallen out of favor in Versailles for the moment, and he needs to figure out if this “trading company” can be used to the advantage of the Regent. At the very least he is in fact sincere about this enterprise making a profit.

Out of Character Section

Player Description: My name is Bill. I’m in my mid
thirties, I love history, and role-playing. My brother also has a French NO on
this server, and may want to RP as well.

Official Forum Name: Tanhouser – name of my
character on Rackham

Profession: Spy… I mean Free Trader. – On the other
server, I had experience doing provisions. I can easily get that set up here if you need it. On this server, I am thinking of going into ships directly, Starting with Lumber Mills, and eventually working up to LSB or Hulls. I am open to filling other needs, but I don’t want to produce something that I can’t sell.

What is RP to you?: Fun. I approach it as unscripted plays. I don’t do drama in real life, so I am happy to back off of RP that is getting out of hand.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy?
You guys seem to be enjoying the historically focused RP for POTBS, and I want to try it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...   Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Welcome Capitaine Bonaventure.

Raised in the House of the Régent you said, you may have met there my cousin, Gabriel d'Orléans ( my alt), nephew of the Duc and himself Vicomte de Chambord.

Promising stories...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...   Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:54 am

Welcome to the New World.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...   Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:01 am

I was just preparing to leave the office for the night when I heard someone enter. I looked up to see who it was and saw the letter he had held at arms length toward me. I could clearly see the wax imprint sealing the letter and recognized it from some I had seen on my fathers desk years ago.

I took the letter and said "Please have seat and I will be with you after I read this." I pointed to the chair right next to the desk I had just got up from. I went back around to sit placeing the letter in the center of the desk. Opening the center draw I pulled a small dagger out and used it to break the seal and open the letter. After reading it I placed the letter back inside and put both the dagger and letter into the desk drawer.

"Well Captain Xavier Bonaventure you come highly recomended and I wish to welcome you to our little group the Highland Confederacy." I stood up and leaning over the desk putting out my hand expecting a handshake but not suprised when I didn't recieve one.
"Well it is getting a bit late this evening and as far as the wine goes why don't you bring it with you this friday to our gathering. We meet here to talk about anything and sometimes nothing important but your news should help spice up the conversation."

OOC
I will add you to my friends list tonight. Not sure what times you play but we actuall had alot of us on last night. I was a bit suprised at the showing so maybe things are picking up. Afterall the map is new and with the new arivales here business is doing well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...   Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:54 am

OOC: My Wife and I don't have the kids tonight, so we are probably going to a movie. I hate to miss the event, but I hope to log on when I get home..
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...   Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:37 am

OOC Not a problem given the PvP circle from Cayo has once again cut off travel around florida it might have been hard for any of us to do. Don't know how late I will be on but you are already to join when you login. I sent out the invatation last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...   Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:03 am

OOC:Thanks for the Invite! I Joined and did some Leveling on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...   Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xavier Bonaventure - Better formating...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: The Old Recruitment Office-
Jump to: