Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aidre St Bréanainn

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Aidre St Bréanainn Empty
PostSubject: Aidre St Bréanainn   Aidre St Bréanainn Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:26 pm

To Whom it May Concern,

I've heard tell, in various ports of call, that there is a group formed together to ah...trade and the like

I've a bit of experience in the industry, per se and have such connections that might prove elusive yet summat valuable to ones such as yourselves.

I, myself am from Scotland, though tis been a while since I've walked the highland shores.

S'an iffy thing this letter finding it's way to ye but if it does, please note my interest in forming, a hopefully lucrative relationship between us.

I've just put into port with the "Artemis" a merchant vessel out of St. Croix and if you've the mind, ask for me round the docks.

Sincerely,

A. St Bréanainn

Character Description:

She’d been named for the town in which she was found, perhaps born in but one never knows. The Scottish town of Airdrie – rumoured to be the dying grounds of Gewnddolan and the birth place of the “Golden Torc” verses of Merlin the Bard.

Orphaned at birth she’d been reared in the life a gypsy – twas a small band that roamed the Scottish Highlands, usually taken for brigands and footpads (a reputation that was not altogether unwarranted), sometimes known as tinkers and at other times, performers. All of these trades she’d been taught and each of these she utilized now in her early twenties. She could walk the lines of a tall-ship like a cat, swing to the crow’s nest like a monkey, and fight dirty like an East End street rat.

Men underestimated her, stopping at her woman’s figure, as if breasts and brains were somehow in conjunction with one another. So it amused her to see the shock on their faces when they realized she could curse like a sailor (in Scots, English and French) and had wit and sarcasm enough to backup her sharp tongue.

She was tall but lithe and agile, with the muscles and coordination of an acrobat. Her hair was sun-drenched gold and her eyes the pale green of a calm sea. There was a smattering of freckles across her nose, a pout to her lips and a set to her shoulders that brooked no argument.

Initially she took the work that came her way, mostly on trading vessels where she was usually found high in the rigging or, on her off time, down below drinking sailors under the table and taking their money during games of cards or dice.

Now? Her chosen trade? Let's just say it's less than reputable...not the only thing that's done under the table. But, she's damned good at it, with her knack for negotiating combined with her girlish charm. Oh she wasn't one to balk at using whatever means were available to get her way.

She's an enigma, this one. Beauty and boldness rolled into an untidy package. Despite all that, Aidre St Bréanainn is certainly a woman worth getting to know.

Out of Character Section

Player Description: Hi! I'm Jen - I'm currently in Florida but will be moving to the DC area at the end of December. I've studied in England and France, love to travel, read - long walks on the beach ::wink:: etc...

Official Forum Name: Laetcya

Profession: Smuggler/Privateer

What is RP to you? Simply put, a creative outlet and a way to interact with other writers and creative sorts.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? It fits with Aidre's heritage and AND what an exciting and well written group of people you seem to be.

(I'd like to write more but alas and alack real life calls!)

Last edited by on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

Aidre St Bréanainn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aidre St Bréanainn   Aidre St Bréanainn Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 6:34 am

Ms. St Bréanainn,

I believe there is potential for a mutually beneficial relationship between our organization and yourself. If you would come to the Albatross, we can discuss the details. I have no doubt you will find them reasonable.

Wilhelm von Somborn
Proprietor-General
The Highland Confederacy

OOC:
Welcome aboard. I've added you to the recruits list. Feel free to RP in the Albatross when RL permits. It sounds like you have an interesting story for the character. I never really thought about it, but I guess there would be gypsies in Scotland.
Back to top Go down

Aidre St Bréanainn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aidre St Bréanainn   Aidre St Bréanainn Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 8:19 am

OOC: I did a bit of research based on the Romany people I met in England and this proved to be the most interesting site: http://www.scottishgypsies.co.uk/scotland.html

And thus I figured I'd incorporate it into my story.
Back to top Go down

Aidre St Bréanainn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aidre St Bréanainn   Aidre St Bréanainn Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 12:35 pm

Welcome to the HC, its good to see that were getting also members from the better looking gender, ads color to the carpet.

Nice app, though it could have been more compact

Last edited by on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Aidre St Bréanainn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aidre St Bréanainn   Aidre St Bréanainn Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:07 pm

((LOL I think I fixed the spacing - darned Word and the Web. And my thanks for the welcome. It's endearing.))
Back to top Go down

Aidre St Bréanainn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aidre St Bréanainn   Aidre St Bréanainn Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Great concept for your character background; well thought out. This society has an extreamly wide range of characters and I think you'll fit right in.

*Havign studied in France I imagine you will either laugh or cringe at my Babelfish French... please don't be too unkind tongue

Welcome to St. Martinique and the HC!
Back to top Go down

Aidre St Bréanainn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aidre St Bréanainn   Aidre St Bréanainn Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:41 am

<<*Havign studied in France I imagine you will either laugh or cringe at my Babelfish French... please don't be too unkind tongue>>

It's been quite a long time so I'll mangle it and really for Aidre it's only when she gets angry or frustrated so ya might not want to translate too often if you've delicate ears Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aidre St Bréanainn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aidre St Bréanainn   Aidre St Bréanainn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aidre St Bréanainn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: The Old Recruitment Office-
Jump to: