Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Empty
PostSubject: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 1:00 am

I think I am not worth the honor of sticking around the Highland Confedracy...

If more then five people abject to this statement I will stay, but I will take Silence as my assurance that I am no longer welcomed here...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 5:16 am

Jasper, Jasper. This is kinda unfair situation you put us all in. Its nice to have you around but its not up to us if you decide to stay, you have to make that decision yourself. And how did you come up with something like this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:00 am

Jasper; I'm sorry to hear you're down about HC. Something must have really bit you in the wrong spot to start a thread with the title like that. Not sure what it was, but hope you will think your decision through carefully. I know for me getting started with a new rp group is stressfull; I'm unsure of how my own rp is being received (specially by those who have the say in whether I'm 'in' or 'out'). Thing is, I figure that's my problem not the groups.

I'd love to see the pace pick up a bit on these forums, but I'm the new guy and a more experienced rper friend of mine (and who recently submitted an introductory letter to the recruitment office) assured me that compared to some rp forums on which he's been this one clips right along). lol! Surprised

Anyway, I hope you'll think it over before bagging it. Oh, I threw you a line on the top of page three of the Erasmus de Brouwer conversation going on in the Albatross. It was during one of those interminable pauses between responses and your post was greatly appreciated.

"Then remembering the man earlier making ready to help with cargo he turns to him, “Belay yer gloves, sir. No need to offload afor mornin’. Me vessel is the sloop Hornet and we’ll warehouse on the morrow. But, thank ye for yur willingness, sir. Ah will need ta know where ye want it?"

I would have used your name, but we havent been introduced yet. If you pick up the comment we could perhaps use it to spring off on another thread later on.

Regards,

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 9:00 am

I just feel my intellangence is not on the same level as alot of the people here. I mean I write short posts and everyone else makes grand posts. Clearly I am just thinking I am too simple minded for everyone, including for, I guess for this stuff as well... Sad

I mean Olaf you are smart you know diffrent languages (I have trouble with my own)

Wilhelm you are masterful with some of your RP and I suck tits and get by with crap that I am even amazed with at how bad it sounds

Jack You are new here but by far are a perfect fit for the HC because you make them think which is not something I especially think that I am good at

Deoiridh I relise you don't post a huge ammount only because when you do it is like a bottle being let lose of words and they spill from your mind in form complete scentances. Where I have a hard enough time just making sure I spell names right Sad

Emile your able to stay in character and you have been able to stay in character when RP'ing and I never really put thought into they way I speak as Jasper.

I could go on with a list of everybody, but I just don't think my mental health at this moment is going to give me any less of a melt down then it is giving me now. I will just leave it at this Neutral.

Please guys don't think I am being mean if you think that I am sorry. Sometimes I just need to let off steam and if I don't things get worse for me. If I hold it in the get worse then this, so please if anything bugs you about what I say let me know I will appolagize through PM's to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 4:29 pm

All of this doesnt matter Jasper! We arent looking for Yale or Harvard students but ordinary people intrested in Potbs, like you Jasper. You know Jasper, just try, thats all that is needed. We are all friends here and we dont care about spelling mistakes! And your not simple minded, dont even think such and you shouldnt be so hard to judge yourself! As I said, just give yourself a chance, try.

Hey, If a real writer or a teacher would come here we wouldnt be that smart anymore Wink. And you do have a talent, you keep us on the edge and make us smile. Now thats as important as any language.

Jasper, its ok to let out some steam once in a while, does you real good. And just for your own sake, maybe you could have a break or something. Because nobody, I maen nobody, here wants to put any pressure on you or depress you in real life.

Hey, no worries there mate and if you want to let some steam out feel free to pm me.

Heres something to cheer ya up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35WRFDcKGo&mode=related&search=
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 5:04 pm

I also don't think you have to worry about how smart you may feel you are when compared to the others in the group. I mean I personally feel that when it comes to my own wits compared to the other members I'm only half as smart as twice of you and twice as smart as half of you but I just try not to think about it too much Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Olaf Susiluoto wrote:
All of this doesnt matter Jasper! We arent looking for Yale or Harvard students but ordinary people intrested in Potbs, like you Jasper. You know Jasper, just try, thats all that is needed. We are all friends here and we dont care about spelling mistakes! And your not simple minded, dont even think such and you shouldnt be so hard to judge yourself! As I said, just give yourself a chance, try.

Hey, If a real writer or a teacher would come here we wouldnt be that smart anymore Wink. And you do have a talent, you keep us on the edge and make us smile. Now thats as important as any language.

Jasper, its ok to let out some steam once in a while, does you real good. And just for your own sake, maybe you could have a break or something. Because nobody, I maen nobody, here wants to put any pressure on you or depress you in real life.

Hey, no worries there mate and if you want to let some steam out feel free to pm me.

Heres something to cheer ya up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35WRFDcKGo&mode=related&search=

Thank You Olaf geek

((Whistles))

hehehehe

It helped...

A huge amount Olaf Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 5:55 pm

The ironic thing is that I was talking about that song just the other day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 6:21 pm

That's a great song, Olaf. You guys can laugh at me if ya want to, but today was the first time I ever heard "Always look on the bright side of life" by Monty Python. Thanks!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:24 pm

Well I write long posts. *shrug*. Do I think of myself as smart? Yes, I think I'm pretty smart. However I am not better than anyone else. I'm just a person, I've got strengths and weaknesses like anyone else. I know you weren't aiming this at me directly or maybe even indirectly, but I wanted to say that. Smart only means so much. RP ability only means so much. There are some great RPers out there that I wouldn't stand being around because they are stuck up snobs in their RP. They ruin the game in their own way because they truly think they are better than others. I don't think there is a single person remaining in the HC that thinks that way.

We are a pretty laid back crew. We do want RP from our members and we do want effort, but you will not find one of us making fun of anyone's efforts. I will personally remove someone who does that. Please don't confuse this with the good natured ribbing that any group does amongst it's membership to bond. Making fun and having fun are two different bananas. If you are worried about fitting in your RP, then why don't you write up some things and send them to one of the officers or one of the members that you trust. Let them look it over and give you pointers. I'm sure anyone here will gladly do this. Just be willing to receive constructive criticism to help you grow your RP.

When I started this I was very adamant that we would be welcoming to new RPers that wanted to put forth some effort and learn the skill of RP. It is a skill that can be learned if you wish to. RP however is not for everyone. Some don't want to put forth the effort, and some just simply don't like RP that much. That is perfectly fine and we are not offended when someone doesn't want to do it, or doesn't want to stay with us. We've had plenty leave that came in and decided we weren't for them. That's okay. It's going to happen. We can't make your decision for you. If you want to stay and give some effort and learn to RP if you need to, then you are welcome here and we will help you if you want. If you'd rather not be bothered, if you'd rather just jump in and play a toon or some such, then that is your choice to make and we will not hold anything against you either way.

You seem an enthusiastic sort and enthusiasm applied right is always a good thing. You obviously have an interest in the group, but honestly RP is sometimes more work than just playing the game. It's not so much for people that want to do it, they just like to play that way, but for others it's work. You have to decide what you want to put into it, as that is what you will get out of it. We are all mostly still getting to know one another. There is still plenty of time before the game comes out. So there is time to work on the RP skills if you need to or want to. I haven't seen a lot of RP from you so I don't know where you are at on this scale, but new hat, old hat, we aren't here to critique you as a person based on your RP skills. This is a game after all, not life. Some people can't RP their way out of a paper bag, but that doesn't mean they aren't smart people, they just can't or won't RP. RP is make believe. Unless you are doing it for a living as an actor, then it isn't really important to your life beyond whatever release it brings you as a person trying to relax. And if it doesn't allow you to relax, then perhaps a person has to examine if it is worth it for them. I mean we play games to relax.

Anyway, this is a long post, see? Smile I hope it is helpful to you.
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 7:18 am

My RP world is based off of Star Wars...

I know nothing about the Age of Sail other then from PotC, Master and Commandor, The Seahawk, and from various other movies and TV shows.

I played a Wookiee on the unofficial RP server Starsider and I had great fun learning about wookiee culture and putting that into my Character.

I will have fun learning more about how to bring a Dutch Sailor into becoming a Jacobite. Mostly because I don't really know a huge amount of what it means to be Jacobite. O and I am easyly distracted by shiny things so... *happens to see something shiny and you see jasper leave for a moment and come back with a silver candy wrapper* O ya sorry where was I...

O yes, What I ment to say is I get distracted in many cases and I go off on a tagent sometimes...

Like now...

Where I can be completely incoherint and absent minded. I just was in a Manic Depressive state and I relies this shows a lot about my character. I know it may rub many of you the wrong way, but I sometimes have to let off steam and sometimes when I think people are against me I need to make sure they really aren't out to get me. I also know this sounds totally odd and to most this would make people less inclined to accept me, but I have things that are screwed up about myself and sometimes I need to resolve them in odd ways (see OP). Please do not hold this against me, it is just something I have to do every now and then to slap myself back to my senses. O and it can make me look foolish no dought, but it is just something I have to do to test the people I know to see if they are really worth the squeeze of emotional juice that I am willing to expend on a group of people.

O and Hamish, I thank you for caring enough to post in the thread. Your insight has proven to me I am in very good hands in the HC and I am proud to hold you as an acomplished friend and cohort in the deepest spots of my, sometimes odd, little heart. I salute you sir Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 2:40 pm

Jasper de Groot Wrote:

I also know this sounds totally odd and to most this would make people less inclined to accept me, but I have things that are screwed up about myself and sometimes I need to resolve them in odd ways

If a bunch of people who RP outcasts and pirates, exception being our fine Naval Officers (who we know are truly rapscallions too!) can't accept you, then who can?!

See, and I can't even cut and paste the excerpt the right way!

Whiskey raises pint and says ' Slainte duine a ól ' to all oddballs and scoundrels that fight for the confederacy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 3:10 pm

Everybody's equel in my book. Oh, and the age of sail is new to me too. I've played Seadogs and Pirates of the Caribbean I, but that's it. I'm trying to find my way too. I found myself at a loss when the convo in the Erasmus thread turned to tactics. Embarassed But learning about these things is fun, and the prospect of roleplaying in this wonderful game with this lot is enough for me to hang on in there.

I enjoyed your drunk antics in the Albatross by the way. Just remember that every reaction to your character is made by another character as a part of roleplay and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 5:54 pm

Heh..biggest boat I have ever been in was a bass boat. Sooo.....yeah. I'm figuring the details in that area will come as we play.
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 4:24 pm

I venture to guess that the good PR'ers are always worried about making a fool of themselves and or upsetting some of the other RP'ers.

If not, then likely they wouldn't care much about what they are writing or how it effects others.... so they wouldn't be so good.

Here at the HC all styles have been used and appreciated. Olaf even had one that was multiple choice! :p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Benoit, yer may be a bit right frien, but mosts don't aworry nary a squat about mak'in a fool of theerselves. Theys juss go ahead an make damn fools of themselves without worrin bout it <chuckles>..specially wit some dat ale in em. Dat's da secret. Jasper, don't worry mon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:56 am

If i may add to the confusion a wee bit more, so please allow me this little indulgenge gents 'n miladies!

Jasper de Groot, and a grand name it be not many 'o us have such a name that must be written in accounts 'o lowlands history without any doubt!

Never doubt for it paralizes as well as cloudes the mind, believe me this comin' from a man that knows these words all too well!

I am very new to this already in my humble eyes grand society and furthermore wonderfull gathering of what seams to be a family, so do not doubt i am sure that anyone is seen as equal...

A fellow countryman,

Henk Owl
Dutch under French colours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...   I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I feel like I'm a boil on the rear end of this place...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: