Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Louis Delfrance

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:04 pm

Introduction:

Messieurs:

]My name is Louis Delfrance, I was urged to reply your
call to fight the British pigs.

I am of no use to my country rotting in one of Paris salons therefore I assume that I will be more of use
in the West – Indies. However I would lie if I
would tell you, messieurs, that I’m not motivated by sheer profit.

Sincerely,

Louis Delfrance

Char bio:

Louis was
born in the Flemish town of Valenciennes.
He came from an aristocratic Flemish family that was pro French. They were
ofcourse thrilled when Valenciennes
got annexed by the French king Louis XIV. Louis grew up in wealth, despising
the poor like he was thought by his family. Though his best friend - Jean-Antoine Watteau- was poor he admired him
for his special ability. The ability to paint like no other. Louis too loved to
paint but he always stood in the shadow of his friend .Louis had everything and
nothing.

They both went to Paris
to study art. Watteau got sponsored by an Italian family. Louis grew bitter and
jealous of his friend’s skills. He couldn’t take it any longer. On a late
evening in one of Paris many salons he found a
piece of paper hanging on a wall about an organization in the West
Indies called: “The Highland Confederacy”. He ripped the piece
of paper from the wall and knew this was his way out. He could finally start a
new life, away from the constant reminder that he was a useless painter. That
evening he faked his suicide and headed for a ship in Marseille that was
heading towards the West Indies.

(OOC: My apologies for the crappy english )

Player Description: Is this required? I don't have a realy good experience with telling private stuff over the internet. One thing id like to add is that english is not my native language and sometimes I have problems with finding the right grammar but ill do my best.
Official Forum Name: Alexandre

Profession: Trader

What is RP to you? To me it's like improvised theater. And a way to escape the daily routine. My english has improved by roleplaying , its not perfect though as I stated before.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? I was looking for a French Rping society and the Confederacy seemed to apply to all the things I was looking for in a guild.
Back to top Go down

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 3:42 pm

I think I found a kindred spirit...

I like him already Smile
Back to top Go down

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 am

Mr. Louis Delfrance,

My apologies for the delay in writing you. As long as your love of money is not so strong that you would betray your country for it, I believe we have no objection with your application. If you wish to meet with us, please come to the Albatross on Martinique, so that we may discuss our future relations in detail.

Wilhelm von Somborn
Proprietor-General
The Highland Confederacy

OOC:
First off, welcome. I've added you as a recruit. Second, no, a description of yourself is not necessary. We are well aware of the dangers posed by giving out personal information on the internet. As for language skills, please don't worry about it. If you are interested in RP, I believe everyone here is more than willing to overlook any gramatical or spelling errors, and I agree that RP is a good chance to improve. Once again, welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:20 am

Welcome my dear Mr. Delfrance,

We shall have to see what can be done to shift your motivations to a "higher cause", but all in due time. For now, welcome to our little fellowship and my St. Brendan watch over you.

Bishop Aidan McDermott
Back to top Go down

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Dearest Bishop,
He wishes to fight the British Pigs, is there a higher cause than that?

Welcome Louis Delfrance,

There is nothing wrong with silver, it is but a bonus to defeating the British. Again, welcome and happy hunting.

Ballymodan 'Whiskey Pete' Haggertys
Back to top Go down

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:35 am

Welcome!

Yup, no need to post any personal information if do not wish so.
Back to top Go down

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:31 am

Messieurs:
I have just received your message. The ship that is taking me to the West-Indies "La Bastion" got caught up in a storm near the shores of Barbary and had to be towed to land for repair. I guess the ship isn't as indestructible as the name hints. The numberous pirates in these waters are making our captain anxious to leave. So i assume we will set foot on Martinique in approximatly 2-3 weeks.

Sincerely,

Louis Delfrance
Back to top Go down

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 8:11 pm

Original character story line, mos tenjoyable. Your English is very good, I would have though you a native speaker if you hadn't of said otherwise.
So... what is your native tongue? ...just curious.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the HC forums. Please make yourself at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Louis Delfrance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Louis Delfrance   Louis Delfrance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Louis Delfrance
Page 1 of 1