Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So far?!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:43 am

As i write this it is still uncertain as to when i will be in game since there seems to be a problem concerning certain payments! But i was wondering how everyone is doing provided ye are in game that is?
So what are your impressions thus far?

I am being somewhat selfish here because the long wait is drivin' me up the walls mates 'n matesses! bounce
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:05 am

Owl wrote:
As i write this it is still uncertain as to when i will be in game since there seems to be a problem concerning certain payments! But i was wondering how everyone is doing provided ye are in game that is?
So what are your impressions thus far?

I am being somewhat selfish here because the long wait is drivin' me up the walls mates 'n matesses! bounce

I second Henk. I am stuck in Bangkok until Saturday. I have to live vicariously though you all!

Bog
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:20 am

Owl and Bognor,

The install went well for everyone as far as I know. For those who were in beta all we had to do is run a few updates to the code we already had. Game mechanics seem real smooth to me, no glitches to speak of at all.

Last evening a pick up group of six of us took on a multi player mission. Most of us were at level 6 or 7 by that time. (I couldn't play much yesterday and I was still level 2 when I joined. I figured I'd end up toast real quick, but I went any way) We had to take out a bunch of Pirates; I think one group of them was like 12 ships, toward the end of the fight we had to take out a level 23 bad guy. We didn't loose one ship of our own squadron. It was awesome!

We miss you guys and hope you get in game soon.

Jack
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 11:56 am

I played hardly at all during the Open Beta, and didn't play French at all during Beta so that there would still be some surprises. And it's been great so far. I freely admit to being completely distracted from my economic duties because I had forgotten how much fun some of the early missions are (the mission writing in this game is generally of a very high quality; a lot of humor as well).

Ditto what Jack said about the install. The game also is a lot more fluid to play. It was never hugely laggy for me, but most of the memory leaks I was noticing seem to have been fixed. And the world is just so much richer; we're wise to be playing France, because they definitely have the best music. And all the conversation in French in the ports is great. The addition of new dialog is great. I keep coming across things I'm hearing for the first time (in the magistrate's office at Charlesfort there is a guy who protests "Well I was at the head of the line until I had to go to the privvy." I almost sprayed coffee over the keyboard.

I had forgotten, however, how small the French player population is (and that's probably true across all servers). Once we get the entire society in-game we'll probably constitute about half of the population!
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:15 pm

So far its been going pretty well. There are still a few bugs, for example I am still occassionally getting a crash when transferring to other ships between ports. Also, there have been a few problems with missions such as somehow I never got the visit fencing instructor mission and had to wait until I had enough pennants to respec my school. The person with the final leg of the economic quest isn't marked with a question mark. Stuff like that.

We seem to be a substantial proportion of the French faction on the server and a fair number of people are seeking to join. All in all, the server population seems small but I'm sure it will increase after the 22nd.

Presently port battles are turned off so that people don't show up on the 22nd having already lost ports.

A number of people are in the process of building up our economic might. Argyll is near to building cutters and I should have my ironworks producing this evening for the first time.

A big bottleneck at the moment is granite. It is extremely expensive and I blew most of my funds to purchase enough for my iron production. Once I get another 40, I will build a weaponsmith and begin producing cannon.
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:29 pm

I am thrilled to hear 'o your progress yet sad that i have already fallen behind! To this day it is still uncertain when i will be able to join ye all in game! Sad

Please do tell me how you all are fairin' i wouldn't miss it for the world!
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh!

*Bognor Regis shouts out in frustration at the westerly gale keeping him bound in Le Havre*
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 6:07 pm

Could be worse. I get to sit here and obsessively click on the login button, in the hopes of hitting that 1/(deity only knows how many) chance that it makes it through the campus firewalls. Hopefully they fix that before the game goes live.

Although I've managed to hit level 10, I haven't started my factories up yet, since I may end up going a week without being able to log in for all I know.

Well, time to try clicking obsessively again...
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:57 pm

Obsession is what drives us mein herr! Wink
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 8:18 pm

Owl wrote:
I am thrilled to hear 'o your progress yet sad that i have already fallen behind! To this day it is still uncertain when i will be able to join ye all in game! Sad

Please do tell me how you all are fairin' i wouldn't miss it for the world!

Owl (and this also applies to other people who haven't been able to join us yet). Please don't feel that you are falling behind. This isn't that sort of game. You can still have a blast and be an integral part of the society at whatever level.
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 9:00 pm

Milady your words have somehow southed my troubled mind, and indeed how could i question this society there are some amazingly kind 'n gentle people present here i am thankfull for that!

Bognor wrote:
I second Henk. I am stuck in Bangkok until Saturday. I have to live vicariously though you all!

Friend let it be known that both 'o us shall make our mark in the Caribbean at some point, ye are not alone!
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:45 am

As I sit in the family's Charlesfort factory and pen this brief missive, I regret to say that I have yet to manage one trading voyage. It seems I spend all my time providing crew, powder, provisions, and a steady stream of repairs for Lisette, who has been busy at sea and in port.

Nevertheless, it is slow going. Dear Lisette has only managed a half dozen voyages ((i.e., level 6)) so far. On the plus side, she's won every swordfight, so I haven't had to find a surgeon to tend her, thank the Lord.

She says she met Nora Gaunson on the streets of Charlesfort earlier, but her calls to the Confederacy for an officer to perform induction fell on deaf ears, or more likely no ears at all. In all honesty, I have to say that I am in the same boat. My papers have been accepted, but I have yet to receive the formal badge ((i.e., Gudrun is not yet within the confederacy in-game)). This is unfortunate, since to hear Lisette, all she ever hears about from other Confederates is how much iron or timber they want, or need, or how much money they stand to make in this or that deal. Poor thing, she never had a strong head for figures.

I must wrap this now. Lisette is hollering down in the yard about needing a new transom.

faithfully yours,
Gudrun von Klein
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:47 am

I am entirely set up for ship provisioning, and level 14. As soon as anyone puts marble on the market, I'll have a recruiting office too (although I'm thinking of a second vineyard -- grapes are *SLOW*).

I also have a master draughtsman office.

It's a good life! Smile

Yrs,
LaRouge
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello all --

I managed to get on last night. The install went very easily, and this was with a new computer, so it's a completely new install. I met up with Lisette von Klein in Charlesfort. The game runs extremely well on the new computer (at the highest graphics settings, too!) which is a major improvement over my previous machine. Edwin, Emile and Jack, you won't have to wait around for me to load anymore! Will an officer be around this evening?

Capt. N. Gaunson
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 2:17 pm

This seems as good a place as any to communicate my progress in the New Lands with my Highland Confederacy Brethren.

My return went very smoothly Since I had been to the area before. I spent some time doing things for the folks in Charlesfort and then began doing a task for the Freetrader that took me to places all over the area.

With the assistance of Larouge, William, and Nafran I have managed to setup warehouses in Tampa and Port St. Joe and a limestone querry in Tampa. In the near future, I will begin collecting Granite, Oak, and Guano. My immediate plan is to make Cannon Ammo which I will sell at cost to the Confederacy. But that is several weeks away yet, I'm not exactly what you would call a hard worker. drunken In the mean time, I'll try to help Liam collect the granite he mentioned in his letter.

The only thing folks are missing at this point is the chance to be the very first person to sell granite for 240db per piece. Members of the confedercy have made goods available to our members for a much more reasonable price. So you really haven't missed much at all. When you do finally arrive, we'll help you get started and I'm sure your efforts will still have a big impact. Hope to seeya soon Owl and Bognor. CHEERS! drunken
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:29 pm

Thanks mate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 7:36 pm

ARRRRRRGH!

I signed on Monday long enough to create Whiskey Pete, then had to go say goodbye to moving family. Tuesday I come home all prepared to sail and I was broadsided with the BLUE SCREEN of DEATH! I am dead in the water. My computer will not start. It loops to the BSoD and then tries again. It will not start in safe mode or any other. I am writing this from the wife's cpu (supposed to be used for business, but with me not knowing how long till I am up and running......) for now Owl,, I am with you on the shore, tossing down pints and dreaming of the sea!
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Whiskey Pete wrote:
for now Owl,, I am with you on the shore, tossing down pints and dreaming of the sea!

Well as long as we can see her at night in the light 'o the moon, *sigh* that we shall have! Sad
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:01 am

Greetings, all.

So far things have gone well for me. I was in the beta but didn't play much at all (in the past, playing a beta too much has left the early days of launch feeling like a re-run). In this case, that may have been a mistake because I'm confused about many things, and making many beginer mistakes (like spending all my doubloons in harvesting common wood...because I didn't notice it costs gold to harvest. Whoops!).

I did get bitten by the beginner quest bugs that I guess have been fixed, and I went back and caught up with those.

I chose to build a draughtsman office with the deed I got from completing the Economy starter quests (and what a journey that was! I was chased by pirates much more powerful than I several times, but my sturdy little ship proved more nimble than they, and I escaped upwind) but now am in search of rope to build more buildings.

But all of that is as an aside for me. It's battle that calls to my heart, and I hope to prove an asset to the Confederacy in that role. I do need to get some voyages under my belt first, though (level 6).

I was welcomed warmly upon accepting the invitation offered to me, even though it was early morning (real-time). And thanks very much to Jack McBain for his personal offer of advice and aid.

I think I shall be very happy amongst you!
Back to top Go down

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:13 am

Mathias Rhydderch wrote:
I think I shall be very happy amongst you!

Aye i will most definately drink to that! drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So far?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: So far?!   So far?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So far?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: