Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RP Hub

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:33 am

I know that everyone is busy with making money, or leveling activites, however I know as a Freetrader there is a lot of down time because workers have to "sleep" and "eat" and other such nonsense, so perhaps it would be nice to establish a sort of RP Hub where people could meet and socialize between sinkings and whatnot.

Like a Tavern, Square, or Cave where people can park their avatar and just engage in RP, but somewhere established, since there is no such thing as Society or any other kind of housing for that matter.

In particular somewhere in the newbie zone, so that there is a place where the new members can come and feel truely welcomed.
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 am

Hmm. Grenville seems like a good choice to me, centrally located not experienced and new players alike.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Grenville   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 10:52 am

I would say Grenville myself. I seem to find myself going there alot. Think it might be the fact that it is at the tip and gets me my bearings before I try to slip by the pirates that infest the keys.
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:06 pm

NamoLarkin wrote:
I would say Grenville myself. I seem to find myself going there alot. Think it might be the fact that it is at the tip and gets me my bearings before I try to slip by the pirates that infest the keys.

Ach, bloody 'ell. I'm no longer the oldest member of the Society!!!

Bog
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Bog, you're funny.

I for one am anxiously awaiting the official opening of the Albatros in-game.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:53 pm

Bognor wrote:
NamoLarkin wrote:

Ach, bloody 'ell. I'm no longer the oldest member of the Society!!!

Bog

You're assuming that everyone here is being truthful about their age. . .
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:34 pm

I think then for the time being, that I will set myself up in the Grenville Tavern when I'm not doing something else, and hopefully people will stop by and sort of begin to congregate there.
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:34 pm

There is a nice cave that is in Pensacola (I think), there's no NPCs or anyithing in there save for barrels and things, a nice crack in the wall for a view of the ocean and sunlight.

I love Grenville's beach and tend to spend a lot of time there, as well.
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Lisette bounces in excitedly to the family factory.

"Gudrun! The Confederacy, they wish to sit and talk!!"

Gudrun rolls her eyes at her sister's atrocious accent, and replies. "Just give them a day or two. They'll become bored, and soon we'll see little of them and a lot of their 'friends' who just happen to come to the new world. Then shortly after that, we'll be very busy helping them transfer various goods and funds to these friends."

Gudrun smiles. "I know about these things. When one is successful, it's only natural that others will follow."

Lisette pouts. "Maybe, but until then, they want to sit and talk!"

"Very good. Where?"

Lisette is non-plused. "Mmm...er....in Grenville, but they argue where. Some say tavern, other say beach."

"What would you prefer, sister?"

"Ach! Tavern, of course!" Lisette grins.

"Probably so you can beat them in drinking contests. I remember that hunting lodge incident..."

Lisette blushes. "Ish just go carried away..."

"From what I heard, the rest were carried away. while you were still standing and happily singing."

"It was a good song."

Gudrun simply gives Lisette her 'uh huh' nod.

-----------------------------

((I vote for the Grenville tavern ['Le Bourbonaisse']. It is a bit less scenic, but has many more RP possibilities, especially for the hard-drinking lot that is the Confederacy.))
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 12:15 am

The reason I would say the Tavern is better, is that it is more RP approriate than say, sitting on the beach (pretty as it is, believe me, I'm out there a bit myself).

The cave in Pensacola is nice, but at the same time its a bit out of reach for new members, and plus, when things start to move to the islands, it will be even more remove, Grenville being more or less central, and less likely to be lost in contention.
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 am

I'm happy to meet y'all anywhere, and Grenville is fine. It makes sense for all kinds of practical reasons, especially it's accessibility, although I'm not sure it will actually be out of contention for all that long; it's a major shipbuilding location, after all!

But if practicality weren't a concern, I admit that I'm really partial to the site of New Orleans. The night-time atmosphere (which you can interpret as cozy, or sinister, depending!) is very well done. I haven't been up on the walls at night yet, but I imagine that would be pretty cool.

But, as I said, Grenville is cool.
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:58 am

I think when the time comes, we will have to adapt to the circumstances, some of the cities out in the isles are pretty nice after all, and the Capital has some amazing locations...

New Orleans has a very nice "evening / night" setting to it, and now that you mention it, I think I will have to give those walls a climb.

As for Grenville being out of contention, well, call it wishful thinking!
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 1:31 am

Are we still using Grenville Tavern for RP? Haven't seen anyone in there lately; are we all too busy?
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:53 am

At a guess, I would say yes, people are probably a might busy. Probably best to ask on society chat if anyone is interested than just sitting there randomly. I should be making an event board for sign ups some time this weekend which may help coordinate things a might better. I would assume that in a few weeks, there will be more people RPing as we have finished glutting ourselves on the wonderful content FLS provided.
Back to top Go down

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 1:39 pm

It was nice chatting with you last night Chantilly, I appreciate your openness in sharing your history.

I have been very busy while in game trying to get my production up and running and I am guilty of not spening as much RP time as I would like.

I'm trying to get things go asap for port contentions. My production requires alot of money and makes none! So I have to spend a lot of time questing and/or hunting to make up for it.

That keeps me extreamly busy when i do have time to play. But I have been waiting for the announcement where people are invited into some port for a gathering and will attend when it happens.

Yours turly,
Benoit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RP Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Hub   RP Hub Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Hub
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy RP Forums :: The Craft of Roleplay-
Jump to: