Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proper use of the mailbox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Proper use of the mailbox Empty
PostSubject: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:02 pm

Ok, this could just be a personal pet peeve of mine and if everyone else is fine with the way it is then I'll learn to live with it but it seems that at least today the in-game mailbox has been turning into a forum. We've got discussions going back and forth between people that are being sent to everyone in the guild and it's hard to pick out what is important and what is just chat and personal opinions.

Now don't get me wrong, I do want to hear everyones opinions and ideas but perhaps if you have an idea about what or how the guild should be doing, rather than mailing everyone you could post it in the appropiate forum on this site. I think that guild wide mails should maybe be limited to society announcements or even the occasional sales pitch if you have a lot of product you need to move or collect but things like individual opinions on topics are perhaps better saved for these foums?

So am I right or am I right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:05 pm

OxBaker wrote:
So am I right or am I right?

I'd have to be crazy to disagree with the appointed servant of the Lord. Razz

No, but seriously, I had the exact same reaction. I couldn't even follow what all was said like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 2:47 am

I don't even read them anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:36 am

Yes, forums a much more appropiate place for the back and forth sort of thing, though things like requests for ships are fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:37 am

the content of all forums is only available to full members. Not everyone in FC has a full membership yet, and its the only way we can have input to discuss more sensitive subjects off the forum.

Nice to see our input is so well received, and vigilantly heeded. Thanks a lot Benoit.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:38 am

double post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:15 pm

I don't read them because the UI is unweildy and also I lose track of the thread. I'm very interested in what folks have to say, just unable to follow it there.

Also, when I am in game I want to play. Forums are for slow times at work and lunch breaks, etc. I can focus on them more easily than in game mail.

The Ideas board is protected from outsiders and is a great place to discuss these topics.

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 7:45 pm

Then the description of the ideas board needs to remove pre launch references.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Michael Kavanagh wrote:

/whistles innocently.

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't see anything wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Michael Kavanagh wrote:

Good point, mate...

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:27 am

Oh man, sorry folks.
I think this one was my fault, and I guess I kinda saw it coming, but didn't pay attention. A lot of it as kinda done in real time... I was in game, and chat isn't really conducive to serious discussions...
Plus the boards seem to have so little volume, I was just so depressed by the chatter immediately following the english attack, felt like a discussion of alternative strategys, other than surrender or suicide needed to be started.
But regardless, I apoligize, I'll try to keep it to the forums or chat from now on.
Thanks,
Micum MacIntyre
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:18 am

Michael Kavanagh wrote:
the content of all forums is only available to full members. Not everyone in FC has a full membership yet, and its the only way we can have input to discuss more sensitive subjects off the forum.

Nice to see our input is so well received, and vigilantly heeded. Thanks a lot Benoit.

It's unfortunate that you took it personal. Those notes are very difficult to read; not only are they too small but I find it difficult to figure out which one was first and which one was last. So when I log in on the weekends to 17 messages; some of which seemed to be back and forth banter between 2 people, I then, after spending so much time reading, have to log off for a while to rest my eyes.

Where as if it was in the forums I can read it more easily and durign my non gaming time, as Bog mentioned.

Last edited by on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:27 pm

No harm no foul.

These are precisely the kinds of events that need discussion on the forum, not so much for the convenience of reading, but more to have a lasting archive of what has been discussed to shape future decisions and policy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proper use of the mailbox   Proper use of the mailbox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proper use of the mailbox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy Guest Forums :: The Dockside Inn-
Jump to: