Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Off the edge of the map ((ooc))

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Empty
PostSubject: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 pm

I've been working on some RP session ideas and needed some input. Although the game has little "supernatural" content (it is there) what are your feelings on it being brought up in RP. Obviously I'm not looking to start casting spells or the like but keep it in context of the game of it being rare and mysterious and not believed by all. I know some have encountered the "bizarre" so try to avoid spoilers for those that wish to seek it out.

So I pose these questions:
1) Does this concept interest you?

2) Do RP sessions intrerest you outside of the regular friday night/Saturday morning rounds in grenville?

3) Do you have any RP sessions in mind or would like to see?

Looking for more than yes or no answers.
(ex: yes-I like something mysterious and interesting, no- I've got a war to fight and your talking about ghosts!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Well, I think my take on it is that talking supernatural is ok, as long you aren't afraid of some in character ribbing.

As for more RP sessions, gladly. I'm afraid the usual Friday night meetings are a little late for me.

No, I don't have any particular ideas in mind, although I had given some thought to story telling competitions with a panel of judges.
Back to top Go down
Edwin Stewart

Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:02 pm

I have already alluded to the supernatural in "It was a Dark and Stormy Night....". In 1720 the world was still inhabited by ghosties and goulies and things that go bump in the night.... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:04 pm

If ever you find yourself in New Orleans you may come across a woman they call a wind witch or something of that sort. She's dark for certain, but did not strike as one who had lost her sanity, and from what i gather, she has a small following who believe in her ways... enough so that the local priest is very upset.

Although I am headquartered there, I tend to stay away from religous politics; non-committed to one side or the other.

I've also conversed with a man in town who claims to hear the dead speaking from nearby shipwrecks, if I am remembering correctly.

If it's the supernatural you're looking for you'll find plenty of it if you look in the right places.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:38 am

Edwin Stewart wrote:
things that go bump in the night...

Undoubtedly me favorite part! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:03 am

Superstition, witches, and tales of sea monsters were all part of the lore of the day. While I prefer things more grounded in reality, the supernatural adds a bit of color to things as long as it stays within the bounds of what was commonly accepted as true and possible of the day.

As far as RP session. I will RP whenever as long as we don't have something quite prssing going on. Invite Cathern for a drink or chat and she'll likely turn up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:48 am

Please more RP. Any night of the week is fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:06 pm

I second the motion for more! Anyday doesn't matter to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Maybe   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:40 am

I think as long as the talk can be "seamans gossip" it is ok. Every player then can decide how to handle it. Only that there must Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Never be a proof for the devine or supernatural in RP. Because if one was to choose a character that simply does not belive in these things the player can deny anything, he has not seen a proof of ingame.
Back to top Go down
Edwin Stewart

Edwin Stewart

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Character sheet
Locations: Tampa, New Orleans
Production: Ironmongery and Naval Stores (Guns, shot,repair items, keels, frames, planks, mast, spars, sails, rigging, tar, etc Everything but assembly)
Requirements: Ores and logs

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:37 am

Frederic Géssert wrote:
I think as long as the talk can be "seamans gossip" it is ok. Every player then can decide how to handle it. Only that there must Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Never be a proof for the devine or supernatural in RP. Because if one was to choose a character that simply does not belive in these things the player can deny anything, he has not seen a proof of ingame.

I don't know, I think the "Cut Shrouds" skill when they are 500 yards away is pretty magical.....Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off the edge of the map ((ooc))   Off the edge of the map ((ooc)) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off the edge of the map ((ooc))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Highland Confederacy RP Forums :: The Craft of Roleplay-
Jump to: