Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adieu (OOC)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Adieu (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Adieu (OOC)   Adieu (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:40 am

As some of you know, I was away for a couple of funerals this past week. During that time, I had the realization that I wouldn't be able to give as much energy to PotBS in the future as I would need to in order to be a productive member of the Society. Furthermore, I found it difficult to RP to a level that fit well with HC standards - and conversely, I wanted to be able to play casually without the added weight of RP (as much fun as it is).

So, it is with much regret that I leave HC for the time being. Never fail to ask me for a PVE or PVP group. I'll be spending time in Bartica when I'm on for the next while. Vive le roi et vive les HC.

Postscript:
When I got back from out of town, I was perusing the Society list for the proper spelling of a higher up to let them know via PotBS mail that I wouldn't be around as much, when I hit the 'Leave' button by accident. Interestingly, it didn't pop up a dialog with a 'Are you sure?' message (see Argyll of Bute on the AH). Anyway, I submitted a 'feature request' for a dialog - but that hasn't changed the fact that I'm now an Unaffialated Entity.
Back to top Go down

Adieu (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adieu (OOC)   Adieu (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:54 am

Sorry to hear about the funerals...

Good luck to you in the future, and maybe we'll see you around.
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

Adieu (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adieu (OOC)   Adieu (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:13 pm

I was bit suprized to see the message in game last night. I had just passed you south of the keys and waved. Then before I got to Tampa I saw the message Louis de Burbon has left the Highland Confederacy. I was shocked thought maybe I should have saluted. Shocked Anyway good to here that was just a misskey and sorry to hear about the other.
Back to top Go down

Adieu (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adieu (OOC)   Adieu (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:26 pm

It pains me to read about your sorrows as of late and i hope that all will be well soon, good luck and take care!
Back to top Go down

Adieu (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adieu (OOC)   Adieu (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:01 pm

Don't tell any of the officers I told you this but.... I'm pretty sure you could get away with never role playing. And even more so if you only role played when you felt like it.

But, the real issue is we all need time off every once in a while. And I think we can all appreciate that and respect your wishes. I wish you well and sincerely hope you find time to recharge.

P.S.
I've found my self hovering over that 'leave' button too; it's too indistinct.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Adieu (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adieu (OOC)   Adieu (OOC) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:32 am

My condolences to you.
Back to top Go down

Adieu (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adieu (OOC)   Adieu (OOC) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:42 am

Take care Louis, should you ever need any assistance I hope you will ask me for help.
/salute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adieu (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adieu (OOC)   Adieu (OOC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adieu (OOC)
Page 1 of 1