Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cayo de Marquise

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:44 pm

Hello Captains of the HC, I am Davey Dubhlainn "The Black Sword" and I tell ye that recently my bretheren have begun the raid on Cayo in response to the tactics of another Society known as the Flat Earth Society. Several factions of the Pirate nation have declared all out WAR on this FES! It will not be pretty fer the matey's of the aforementioned society! I am kindly asking as an Irishman meself to please refrain from this particular Port Battle as it is meant fer the Flat Earth to pay fer their disgracful actions at sea! Much obliged!

~Captain Davey Dubhlainn
"The Black Sword"
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 6:17 pm

I must be blunt Captain Dubhlainn. While we of the Highland Confederacy come from many nations, we have pledged our heart, mind and soul to God and France. And this is no half-hearted pledge on our part. While Ireland will always be my home, the French of these seas are the breath in my lungs and the blood in my veins and when you attack them, dispite the reasons, I will rise to their defense just as if they were my own kin.

So I will not wait to discuss the matter, nor will I ask what actions may have compelled your attack. I will simply say to you that every able-bodied son and daughter of the Highland will rise to the defense of Cayo and may God have mercy on your souls when we do.

In Defense of God and France,

Bishop Aidan McDermott
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:07 pm

The attack at Cayo may have been meant initially to target specific enemies, but it is now quite beyond that. Just today a poor, novice freetrader of just 15 voyages experience, all alone, was set up by three veteran pirates, each with more than 40 voyages experience. This poor trader didn't even understand what "surrender" meant and thus was sunk with all hands, much to her great distress.

It is clear to Ish that what reason was first used in Tortuga to inspire this attack, the current state of affairs requires that all those who fly the French flag cannot stand idle and permit such gross injustices.

~ Lisette von Klein
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:41 am

Well Sir, bein' as you're ahn Irishman, as is our good Bishop, I'll accept the intent o' yer message at face value. However Captain, bein' a Scotsman, ah tend tae be a bit wary around the likes o' the Sassenach as well as those o' the Piratical Brotherhood. That said, ahn ye bein concerned enough tae forward us this message o' warnin' as it were, ah'v a question ere two tae pose:

When yer Captains James Bong ahn Michael Ditka, both venerable ahn most honourable men indeed, did just these two days ago, weighlay ahn sink an unarmed merchant, with ahn empty hold ah might add, ahn of only 34 voyages, were this also in retaliation fer the acts perpetrated by members of the FES? Ahn when they then tried immediately thereafter tae sink mah business associate leavin' tha same port, were tha too in retaliation?

Ahn futhermore, what does this retaliation as ye call it tha was carried out by two French Captains, against a British Captain have tae do wi' the Brethren? Why would a most honourable ahn concerned Irishman, take it upon himself tae warn us?

Ahn finally Sir, is the current raid by your Brethren upon the decent peoples of Havana, is this also in retaliation for ahn act carried out against a British Captain?

What indeed ere the motives ahn machinations at play here Sir?

Ah say tae you good Sir, tis because ye ahn yer so called "Brethren" ere naught more than heel hounds ahn sucklin' swine o' the British empire! Damn ye ahn yer concern Sir! Ye ahn yer Brethren have aided ahn abetted the Sassenach at every turn ahn continue tae do so. You Sir, ha sold yer very soul ahn that o' yer beloved Ireland tae further yer own concerns ahn now ye seek tae justify these actions in the name of Honour.

You know naught of Honour, Sir.

As fer me, if any Captain, be he Spanish, British or Pirate; if any such Captain shows me reason ahn the courtesy tha would merit quarter, it will be given freely ahn gladly without question or hesitation. But until such time as you ahn yer Brethren decide tae break yer bonds of English servitude, ahn so long as yer most noble ahn honourable Captains continue to harrass ahn hamper the efforts of France ahn Scotland tae secure freedom in these lands, then by Almighty God, dare not ask me tae stand aside while ye butcher ahn plunder the innocent in the name o' justice!
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Well Said Captains ahn i respoct yur wishes! I just be telhen ya da reason we of the Brotherhood attacked in da first place! ahn yur referance teh da Brit's eh! You'll find no such cooperation here matey i asures ya of dat i do! Ahn as fer da rest of me brethren nation, we be pirates and dat means day be free to decide whot day want ya know......

I do appreciate yur audiance though and thank ye fer the response....

Slaint'e <Tipshat>

Ohh, ahn dat ting abouts Havana, hmm it was said that we could never sack it. So ya knows when ye tells an Irishman he cant do sumtin, ya know he damn well does it anyway....hehe Cheer's Matey's! <drinks>
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 6:41 am

Well Gentlemen! THE PIRATES HAVE ARRIVED! Cayo de Marquis, now onto Leogane and then Port-de-Paix! Look forward to the contest and I see ya dar!

Arrrrrr. <tipshat>

Cheers! *Drinks*
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 11:00 am

OxBaker wrote:
I must be blunt Captain Dubhlainn.

We have pledged our heart, mind and soul to God and France

Well spoken but do allow me to be even more blunt father!

Flat Earth has never ever fought like the Highlanders have or ever will and trust me even the Lord himself has abandoned them and 'o that i am sure for he talks to me when i'm rather drunk hehe!

Unfortunately all of France now must pay for the dishonerless behaviour 'o a few and that does pain me! It was expected that only pain would come from all this but the fault was never ours nor the dreaded Red Coats for that matter, who have demonstrated honor where France has not on many an occasion!

To those that heed the call of France i wish ye well even if that will mean brother against brother or even friend! However my only regret at present is the fact that i can not witness or partake in these events but rest assured when i return i shall do so renewed and ready for anything...

Argyll Campbell wrote:
Ahn futhermore, what does this retaliation as ye call it tha was carried out by two French Captains, against a British Captain have tae do wi' the Brethren?

It only proves that we as a whole do in fact honor agreements, and it is not this one incident against Master Berkely 'o that i speak for Flat Earth is known for their dishonest ways even by those that now have abandoned them wisely!

As i have predicted before, a storm is coming...
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Henk Owll wrote:
It only proves that we as a whole do in fact honor agreements, and it is not this one incident against Master Berkely 'o that i speak for Flat Earth is known for their dishonest ways even by those that now have abandoned them wisely!...

Ahn just what agreement would ye be referring to Mr. Owl? Would it be one o' non-aggression between the Sassenach ahn the Brethren; whom at every turn have sought not tae hamper the advances or interests o' the English Empire, but rather by their own actions have shown a complicity that even the blindest of men could see? Have the Brethren ever, even once attacked, lay siege tae or sacked a British port?

Yet it seems that as France ahn those who serve her fight for their very lives, the Brethren seek at every turn only tae aid the British in their endeavor tae crush us. Ye strangle our economy, ye sack our ports, ahn we're left tae fight ye both...alone ah might add. And, we'll gladly continue tae do so Sir.

While ye may personally still hold some shed of honour, ah canno say the same fer the majority o' yer Brotherhood as ye call them. Thieves ahn murderers be closer tae the truth; complicit ahn subservient tae the whims o' the British, whom ah might add, ye are too cowardly tae stand up to.

The Flat Earth Society is not France ahn neither is it the Confederacy, Sir. Ahn while I publicly condemned the actions o' those officers in question, thier personal action does not in any way justify the actions you ahn yer Brethren have taken against the French nation; passed nor present. Ahn I assure you Sir, the instances where Brethren Captains have transgressed the code o' Honour ere more numerous than that perpetrated by two dishonourable men against Captain Blakeley.

My conscience is clear in this matter Sir...can ye in all honesty say the same?
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:12 pm

Argyll Campbell wrote:
While ye may personally still hold some shed of honour, ah canno say the same fer the majority o' yer Brotherhood as ye call them. Thieves ahn murderers be closer tae the truth; complicit ahn subservient tae the whims o' the British, whom ah might add, ye are too cowardly tae stand up to.

As is my consience, but are ye not at fault here as well?

You speak 'o The Brethren as a whole while in fact many are sailing merely to fill their own pockets and have no such agreement with the Brits! In fact as i have stated before we have many Irish under our own wings, do ye seriously believe we sail with the Red Coat instead 'o fighting them. Aye ye read correctly we fight the Brit, i have attacked British ports with my very own hands but at the time not many were willing to assist me!

Have i tried to convince the Pirates as a whole to attack the Brits for there the greatest challenge lies? Indeed i have but question my motives as well as honor on every count if you must!

Have i ever betrayed my friends in the Confederacy? Nay sir i have not, when attanding my very first port battle i have been sunk by one 'o you but did that make me bitter? Nay again it did not and the man that sank me even felt sorry he did just that, i told him not to worry and did not take it personally! My very friendship with you as a society has put me in some rather awkward situations for some actually believed that i was in fact still French when i left them to start anew on my own!

I never told anyone to attack or blame all French for the actions of a few as you dare put it, but rest assured this situation is already in motion and it will not be very pretty! What can be done? I have no clue but it will pit those that "called" themselves friends against eachother!

Have i ever done anything against the Confederacy i wonder? Who always had a friendly word or gesture or even a gift to share with his friends 'o old? It is so easy to forget things like that...

So now we are all cowards? Well another fact is that i have been sunk numerous times by Red Coats as well as Frogs and the fact remains that the Brits were in fact honorable in all encounters!

Thank ye for the advice though after reading your attack on my person as well as shipmates i may even considering the offer i received some time ago by high members under British rule to train as well as supply us, which i turned down at that time!

Thank ye mate, so much for friendship but i half expected this after being ignored or spit upon my other members of the Confederacy or former since ye lost so many already...

Argyll Campbell wrote:
My conscience is clear in this matter Sir...can ye in all honesty say the same?

Should you really wish to know, which i seriously doubt do ask Solyne about my honor as well as concience before you insult me so willingly!
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 6:23 pm

Lets be very specific here Mr. Owl, ahn no mince words. Does taking Cayo de Marquis ahn then gloating over it hurt ere do disservice tae Captains Finn ahn Di Gorno? Does attacking the French ports o' de Paix ahn Leogaine do disservice tae, ere hurt in some way Captains Finn ahn Di Gorno? Yer ahn intelligent man Sir, so ah will take fer granted yer answer will be no, it indeed does not.

What it does how'ere, is hamper ahn cripple the only Nation willin' ahn able tae take the fight tae the English! Ahn in this light Sir, yes, ye ahn yer Brethren ere aidin' ahn abbettin' the Brits just as surely as if ye were fightin' fer them. There is no argument ye can pose, no reason given tha would contradict this point o' fact Sir.

Damnit man, ah sailed side by side wi' ye, ah even gave ye the use o' a vessel when ye needed one...ahn ye question mah friendship? You ere the one who left us Henk, no the other way round, ahn ne're forget tha. We did no force ye out, we, m'self did not cheer your departure ahn as fer those who've since left, well ah conno speak fer them.

Ahn as fer fightin ye, ah will no fire in anger upon a brother, be he Pirate ere no. So take the Brits up on their offer if that's tae yer likin', but mark my word ahn mark it well Henk Owl, if France falls then the Brethren will have nowhere tae run ahn nowhere tae hide because it will be only you ahn the English. So you'd best be gettin used tae drinking tea, eatin' tripe ahn brush up on the King's proper English.

((OOC: It is a historical, yet somewhat imperfect game mechanic that currently allows Pirates to act with impunity against any nation they wish without fear of reprisal. You take a port, you keep it for 3 days. You lose a port, you get it back in 3 days. You've lost nor gained anything. That being said, the fact is that unless changes are made to allow any number of ports to be brought into contention and taken at the same time or you get a huge influx of Pirate players, Pirates will never be able to conquer enough ports within the span of 3 days to "Win" a map reset...on Bonny at least. The only Nations that have any chance of resetting the map are Britain and France, considering current National populations. This is quite simply and bluntly, the terrain in which we presently find ourselves deployed.))
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:38 pm

Quote :
Unfortunately all of France now must pay for the dishonerless behaviour 'o a few and that does pain me! It was expected that only pain would come from all this but the fault was never ours nor the dreaded Red Coats for that matter, who have demonstrated honor where France has not on many an occasion!

Fear not good Sir Owl, The Flat Earth Society can bring down all the wrath of hell itself upon France and we shall still stand. And although we are on different sides which can easily strain ones relations and cause undue tention, I'll still consider you friend when we meet at the end of the day for drinks.

God Bless

Aidan.
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:38 am

OxBaker wrote:
I'll still consider you friend when we meet at the end of the day for drinks.

God Bless

Aidan.

Father your words are still comforting after all this time and all that takes place in the now, and i thank ye for it!

And eventhough my confessions are long overdue to my shame i may add, i still have a clear concience for my ways have ne'er strayed from the path 'o honor, fairness or friendship...
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:01 pm

Argyll Campbell wrote:

((OOC: It is a historical, yet somewhat imperfect game mechanic that currently allows Pirates to act with impunity against any nation they wish without fear of reprisal. You take a port, you keep it for 3 days. You lose a port, you get it back in 3 days. You've lost nor gained anything. That being said, the fact is that unless changes are made to allow any number of ports to be brought into contention and taken at the same time or you get a huge influx of Pirate players, Pirates will never be able to conquer enough ports within the span of 3 days to "Win" a map reset...on Bonny at least. The only Nations that have any chance of resetting the map are Britain and France, considering current National populations. This is quite simply and bluntly, the terrain in which we presently find ourselves deployed.))

Aye Cap'n that is why Pirates be Pirates! Me point be'n, dat we win as we stave off any attempt to have one nation control the whole map persay! Dat is whot I consider victory when everyone is victorless! er or might be victum? hehe!
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Although it be a mute issue- the battle is over   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 am

*sigh* Perhaps this be a good place to submit my story regarding the Flat Earth Society.

I was a member of that society and it was with a very heavy heart and many tears of sorrow that I made the decision to leave and seek entrance elsewhere. This was not due to anything the society did but rather what ensued after.

I knew the two gentl....dispicable men who created the firestorm throughout all four nations and for their actions the entire Flat Earth Society did suffer.

The two days following that dark day, I was set upon with words from captains I have never known by either action or name. Such language spewed forth from their mouths that I docked my Falcon and sat in a tavern for many a drink trying to decide if I should give up the sea or not. It was unfortunate that such cowards who spoke such a flaming language could not or would not load cannon or prepare sword to answer my reply. However; having the whole or what I thought was the whole of the known world setting whip to my shoulders and my brothers and sisters was more than I could bear.

Hence did I remove the flag of the Flat Earth Society and come here seeking a home and friendship, judging that the Highland Confederacy would not lay upon me the guilt of others.

I lost a good ship, or I should say she is too weak to sail without losing her to the next insult that chooses to point cannon at her. Much time, effort and dubloon did I pour into her to make her brave and beautiful upon the sea. Now my beloved Falcon is caged, used only for transport from one spot to another.

I was set upon by a Brethern, one of 50th year to my 35th. I did offer payment and ransom first by flying the white flag, then by sending over a shipmate to parlay. The rules of Parlay as I had understood from my mother was sumarily ignored, not a reply did I receive and my Falcon became a floundering fish and went to the bottom.

So monsieur, who be the one who is dishonorable? I do no hold you to your brethern brother's mischief. I do believe that the few do not make the many, and will not judge anyone by the actions of their society unless they and their entire society be full of corruption and deceit.

I have said enough- even as I had said I would not speak of my sorrow but to an officer. I but ask that it be dropped, forgotten, buried within the deep sea where only Davvy might take it out and mull it over. I would see no more strife and blood and hurt over this matter. God bless all ships, captains and the families they leave wondering upon the lands.

Nicole la Souris
Captain
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:31 am

[quote="Leaflost
I was set upon by a Brethern, one of 50th year to my 35th. I did offer payment and ransom first by flying the white flag, then by sending over a shipmate to parlay. The rules of Parlay as I had understood from my mother was sumarily ignored, not a reply did I receive and my Falcon became a floundering fish and went to the bottom.

So monsieur, who be the one who is dishonorable? I do no hold you to your brethern brother's mischief. I do believe that the few do not make the many, and will not judge anyone by the actions of their society unless they and their entire society be full of corruption and deceit.

Nicole la Souris
Captain[/quote]

Aye Cap'n what we have ere is a good example of NO QUARTER given. I am sorry fer the loss of such a fine ship, but that be the sea! What those dishonerable men did was to extort a prize and then take out as the unexpected lay helpless....There are some whom still have honor when engagements are taken place! I fer one belive in a more honorable contest.....See ye at sea lass!
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 9:22 am

I personally have heard enough about those events and even though I do not hold an officer status i would kindly request that discussions on the said subject be made on other forums, there are dozens of threads on Bonny that would be more suited.
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:33 am

Well what can i say! Hmm, thank ye fer Cayo de Marquise, Leogane and Port de Paix, we will enjoy while we have em!

Been fun now on to the red coats!

*Waves*
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 8:07 am

Maitre Rej wrote:
I personally have heard enough about those events

I was wondering when someone would bury his/her head once again!

Still no hard feelings, we as in The Brotherhood have always fought without grieving others and in fact have a good name on Bonny! I am not defending myself here for our actions and that 'o our members speak for themselves.

I as well have left the official forums for more friendlier waters only to discover that your good bishop has relighted the flame and seems to reignite yet another "crusade"! We as The Brotherhood do not hold the whole 'o France responcible, only Flat Earth! Oh and that sorry excuse that they are all fine and such is a lie, they have been grieving people since they started and that incident which is far more than that, was the last drop so to speak!

I shall not speak of this matter further but i suggest that ye read master Dubhlainn's first post in which he in fact in the most friendly way warned ye that the port battle was in fact a way to make Flat Earth pay and not our fellow Irish or former brothers in the Confederacy...

Henk
Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:21 am

Dear Mister Henk Owl.

You’ve won; you have got me to reply to the last letter you sent us.
Has my scribe revert to being just a scribbler or had he abused of this sugar cane juice you call rum or lost his ability as a translator, I do not know.
What I do know is that the words I dictated were plain and simple, polite and by no means expressing an opinion on his or your motives and actions. Oh, be careful, I do have such an opinion. Is this the forum to express them, I don’t think so and even if it was, would it really add something to this debate?
I take you for a gentleman despite the fact that you have gone to piracy and so far I have no reason to consider your comrade Captain Davey Dubhlainn otherwise. Does that means all Pirates are gentlemen, certainly not, won’t you agree?

You’re quoting me saying: Maitre Rej wrote:
I personally have heard enough about those events

To which you comment:
I was wondering when someone would bury his/her head once again! (It is his btw)

Bury my head, I did not and I do not, present me with new facts, something that hasn’t been said or written a thousand times and I will listen, consider and form myself an opinion, one that will be mine, one that I will not try to impose on anyone.

Here is an opinion, it is mine, don’t hold the Society to which I belong or the French nation or this whole world accountable for it.
The Pirates, as a community, were in desperate needs of finding a Cause, one that would unite them, one that would provide them a reason other than simple piracy to fight, history (of port battles) has shown that up to these recent events you had none.
Some among your “Confrérie” were cunning enough to see an opportunity and to seize it. Brilliant. Bravo. Right or wrong, for the better or the worst, you now have a Cause.
From a simple nuisance you have become an enemy, not yet The Enemy, but one that our leaders will have to give proper consideration.

And I will conclude by a word of warning, if I were you I would cease to tell the French Captains who do not share your opinions that they are burying their head, who knows what they could do once out. Who knows what I could do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cayo de Marquise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cayo de Marquise   Cayo de Marquise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cayo de Marquise
Page 1 of 1