Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cap'n Angus MacRitchie

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Empty
PostSubject: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 4:08 pm

To the Honorable Hamish MacBane,

Today I write you to discuss the current state of affairs involving the so-called "Union" of our fair Scotland and the English state. I have heard by word of mouth that your lack of fondness for this "Union" is akin to my own. I feel that it is of the utmost importance that this "Union" be severed at all costs. I am not man of many words, nor am I a learned man. I am, however, a man of action with a ship and a hardened crew at my command. If you do intend to take up the cause of rending this "Union" asunder, you may count me and my crew of highland sea dogs at your side.

Captain Angus MacRitchie

OOC: My real name is Dave and I am in fact of Scottish heritage in real life (Ritchie being the last name, of the MacIntosh Clan). I am 31 years old and I live in Northeastern Kentucky where I work as a Civil Engineer. I am a computer nerd, a pen and paper RPG player for many years, a big pirate buff, and I really love MMORPGs and pirate games. I am starting to get into flag making and so far I like my results, which is yet another way I'll be enjoying this game!

My FLS board name is avidday (David in pig latin).

I plan on playing several characters, probably on different servers from one another so they don't conflict. Of course we have Angus, the Scottish Privateer, Jack "The Pimp" Swarthy, a pirate/pimp, and possibly a naval officer that I haven't really thought about.

I will work on the backstory for Angus as time goes on. I suspect he will be a former naval officer turned merchant marine who wound up with a ship via a mutiny, but turned to privateering rather than outright piracy. He will likely have no great fondness for the French, but much, much less for the English.

Thanks for considering my application. YAR!

Last edited by on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 4:43 pm

OOC: Welcome! The real Scottish background is a bit intimidating Smile I certainly hope you come with an open mind as I am somewhat ignorant on real details - although getting better daily. But I think from an historical standpoint and an entertainment standpoint, that the guild and the game at large holds great opportunity for something historically based where we (me and others) can learn a bit of history and become a little more knowledgeable while having a good time in an interesting and eventful time of the world.

Thanks for the app and keep looking around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 8:34 pm

(OOC: Haha.. no great fondness for the french. Sadly, we have that alot in this society, but it is to be expected with most of the origin being scottish/hessian and their obligated agreement with the French flag.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 9:36 pm

Dermid Gavin wrote:
OOC: Welcome! The real Scottish background is a bit intimidating Smile I certainly hope you come with an open mind as I am somewhat ignorant on real details - although getting better daily. But I think from an historical standpoint and an entertainment standpoint, that the guild and the game at large holds great opportunity for something historically based where we (me and others) can learn a bit of history and become a little more knowledgeable while having a good time in an interesting and eventful time of the world.

Thanks for the app and keep looking around.

OOC: Don't worry, I'm not a historical junky or anything. I would be surprised if your knowledge of Scottish history doesn't surpass my own. My family tree was traced back hundreds of years by my relatives before I was even born and I never really got into it as much as they did.

Jacques Brodeur wrote:
(OOC: Haha.. no great fondness for the french. Sadly, we have that alot in this society, but it is to be expected with most of the origin being scottish/hessian and their obligated agreement with the French flag.)

OOC: You also have nothing to worry about. Haggis has little patience for high society fancy pants nancy boys. If you are a hardened sea dog, French or not, you'll have his respect. Just be expecting him to refer to most French naval officers/governors/wealthy landowners as Admiral/Governor/Lord Fancy Pants or the like...
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 10:27 am

OOC: Sorry it's been a bit busy around here. Thanks for your interest in the Confederacy. We'll be adding your name to the recruit roles. Please jump in and get to know us and let us get to know you. I'm sure other members will be by to say hi and to ask questions also. Thanks and welcome!
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Captain Haggis MacRitchie,

We have received your missive about your interest in our Company. While I am loath to speak of the Union, I fear it is not something we will soon see an end to. If our efforts could in some way bring this about I would rejoice, but I feel we must, at least for now, say goodbye to our beautiful Scotland and instead focus our efforts on rebuilding our lives in the West Indies. The New World enables men and women of courage and vision to build for themselves what has been stolen from them. To find a freedom that I fear may be a long time in coming back to our Highlands. We are endeavoring to build this vision of freedom for ourselves and any who would join our cause. If you would like to speak with us further, please at your earliest convenience make your way to Martinique, the current home of our Offices, and the men there will direct you further in meeting with us. We look forward to that time.

Sincerely,

Hamish MacBane

HC
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 10:37 pm

OOC:

Avidday,

We don't normally do this, but there has been some discussion about your character's name, Haggis. Basically it's been said that if this was really someone' name in Scotland or that area, they'd pretty much be laughed at. It's the equivalent of someone in America being named Fried Chicken or some such. Though we aren't sticking to one hundred percent historical accuracy, we do want our names to reflect the time period and the culture we are choosing to portray. In our case Scottish. It's not offensive to have this name, but a bit of an OOC name for an RP group. I'm not sure if it'd be a funny nickname for someone to have or not, but I guess this is the long way to saying would it be possible for you to pick a different first name?

I don't like asking someone to really make changes to their RP, but in this case we want to at least adhere to some sense of historical naming. We'd appreciate the gesture to fit into the time period more. Thanks for your hopeful understanding. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 5:09 pm

OOC:

I have decided to change his name to Angus MacRitchie. The thread title and my references to him in the first post have been changed to reflect the change.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 6:14 pm

((Thanks, much appreciated. Angus is a good Scottish name too.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 7:44 pm

Nice to make your aquaintance, hope to see you in the Albatross sometime.

Signed: Capt. Fancypants.

P.S. I think having the nickname Haggis would be pretty cool, and make for a funny back story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 6:00 pm

The Honorable Hamish MacBane,

I hope this message finds you well.

I fear you are correct when you speak of our goodbyes to our fair Scotland. I have not seen Loch Moigh in many years nor do I hold out hopes to see it in the near future. The Spanish Main and the West Indies indeed offer a chance to not only take back something in retribution for our stolen homelands, but to exact some measure of revenge on the filthy English royalty by disrupting their shipping and sacking their ports. To this end, I shall dedicate my ship, my life, and the lives of my crew.

I shall meet you soon in Martinique and we can discuss how to put my skills to best use in both making the lives of the English miserable while at the same time helping the French. Perhaps I should relay to you my background so that you might start weaving this band of Highland sea dogs into the tapestry that is your plans.

My sailing career began on a naval vessel, where I learned the ways of sailing, navigating, gunnery, and swordplay. I left the naval service after an injury and joined a merchant crew as the quartermaster. The captain of the ship, we later learned, was an English sympathizer. The remainder of the crew was loyal to Scotland and despised the English, unbeknownst to the captain. You can therefore imagine the captain's surprise when, upon making a toast to the British Crown, he was mutinied upon and tossed overboard somewhere in the Atlantic. The crew then selected me as captain and renamed the ship "Wrath of Fea", for the Gaelic war goddess. Since that time, we have been the scourge of the African coast, preying on any English ships we found.

We are not mere pirates, as it may sound, but we consider ourselves a navy without a nation. All of our captured ships and cargo in Africa were subsequently sold to various nations, including the French, to aid in the funding of our raiding of English interests in the area. We have recently entered into the service of France and, in fact, I carry with me Letters of the Marque signed by the King of France himself.

We have now become victims of our own success and have become forced to leave those waters in search of other hunting grounds. We shall arrive in Martinique within the month. Keep a weather eye out for our arrival.

Captain Angus MacRitchie

OOC: Anyone else foaming at the mouth to play this game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 6:22 pm

OOC: That goes without saying doesn't it? Oh wait, that was just rabies. pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cap'n Angus MacRitchie   Cap'n Angus MacRitchie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cap'n Angus MacRitchie
Page 1 of 1