Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Empty
PostSubject: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:08 am

Dir Sirs of the Highland Confederacy,

I am an honest merchant from Islay, forced to flee his home, business and homeland. Forced into exile by the English redcoat dogs, for justly defending myself and family. Loyal to my clan and people of the high lands, I am determined to fight on their behalf by any means necessary, whether be it powder, steel or coin.

Word came to me 'bout your organization, which I promptly decided to aid as any good Scotsman would do. Though, I only recently acquired my own ship and begun my new business at the coast of Florida, I humbly offer you, should you accept it, my ship, crew and blood. I am a free merchant, adventurer and fighter, loyal to our French allies and Scotland for and foremost.

Cheers!
Captain Alan Breck Maxwell

p.s.
No rum will be served on my ship! Its either whiskey or sea water.

OOC:

Profession: Free Trader
What is RP to you?
I am a light RP player. In that I mean I usually play the game when I play and not chit chat about life the universe and everything. On the other hand, I do not have a detailed character with every thing about it worked out, just the general character - I wing it as I go, so do not expect much consistency. I like working in a group that has a goal and a good spirit and that do not get too competitive to the point of hysteria. I don't mind foul language on chat or abbreviations as long as they are in good spirit and not in anger (in character it can even be amusing).

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy?
This group has the most interesting concept I found on the boards. I also like RP guilds that do not take the mechanic of the game too seriously and have a good spirit about them. I'll also have a Naval officer character that will most likely be in another guild, but I think a Free trader is more interesting to play - especially RP, and yours is a good RP concept.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:19 am

Welcome aboard!

(I just typed out something and lost it so I'll be even a bit more to the point). :D

Couple of quick thoughts:

1) Casual RP - I think the broader goal is to be IC the vast majority of the time. It doesn't have to mean a detailed character or an accent - just IC rather than OOC stuff so that seems reasonable to me but the goal is to be IC within the game.

2) Multiple guilds - different servers is ok but still less than ideal. Think of it this way - we are looking for an active involved group and certainly that splits time. On "our" server, we are asking for single guild only. Insider trading type info could be bad between a navy guild and our guild so that makes sense.

I think those two broad "rules" are correct - someone else jump in if I misstated something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:03 pm

OOC:
IC while playing is just fine by me.

The point of two characters is that I'm not sure how well FTs do in PvP. If they are the equivalent of Privateers in terms of ships with just different proffesion skills, I will not need another character. If they can't handle PvP, perhaps I will create a Scottish Privateer that likes to do some business as well. It's currently hard to tell.

Last edited by on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 3:30 pm

Welcome, indeed.

I am fairly confident from the Dev logs that Freetraders will have their place in PvP. They may not be doing the DPS that Privateers pull out, but it sounds like they have good speed which I think may prove very useful in combat for strategic strikes. They also seem to have group buffs that will doubtless prove useful in combat. And I don't think any of us have played enough to tell. (snickers at own joke)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:01 pm

Heh... Breck Maxwell... that's close enough to the name of one of my RL friends that I did a double take Very Happy

Anyway, welcome to the boards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 7:18 pm

cheers Welcome aboard M8 and glad to have you here. I read your ooc character profile and say yep he is a bit like my style of play. I am going with the Scot/Privateer type in hopes to get some good battles and yet be able to haul a good bit of loot as well. We will see.

Anyway again hello and welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:43 am

Good day to you and welcome.

Your play style and what you're looking for in game seem most agreeable to me. I think you will find a good fit here; I sincerely hope so.

I share your concern about the free trader profession and it is a little out of style for me to go with a 'support' class, but I plan to put in a good amount of effort to stick with it... without getting too long winded, I'll just say that I hope, for all of us, that the free trader class turns out well.

Thank you for your intrest in the HC!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Gentlemen,
I regret to inform you that cpt. Alan Breck Maxwell has gone missing while employed by our company. We suspect his vessel has ran into harsh weather and may have not pulled through. Though no evidence of a wreckage were found, we believe he either went down with his ship or is stranded on some island.

If we discover more about his faith, we will be sure to update you.

Regards,
Jean Riveri
Mississippi company representative.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 6:22 pm

OOC: I may be daft, but is this your way of stepping out of the Confederacy? Just wondering. If this is an RP story you'd like to get going, perhaps you can repost this in the Albatross. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 6:23 am

This is me stepping down, at least for the near future.

Good luck all and may you send many brits to the bottom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:15 am

Well I hope this aint permanent but anyways, good luck in the future Smile

Ps. Now whats whit these stepping downs? First Kidd then Maxwell? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:24 am

Best of luck sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:55 am

Olaf Susiluoto wrote:

Ps. Now whats whit these stepping downs? First Kidd then Maxwell? Razz

I, for one, have been washing regularly, so it's not me...... Olaf?

Very Happy:P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:09 am

Is it the bumble bee print on my underpants? affraid
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:35 am

You promised you'd never show that to anyone after me. *sigh*. You could have at least told him it was a wasp or a wheat thingie!
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:20 am

*Snif snif* Not me scratch...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:14 am

I know I am new to this outfit but Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_scratch (takes a good long snif) Nope it can't be me, I just took a Bath, so I am Lye fresh Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 am

Good luck and enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time to come back and post and inform us of your change in thoughts. It is appreciated.

Hope to see you on the high seas soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)   Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capt. Alan Breck Maxwell (Resigned)
Page 1 of 1