Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Erasmus de Brouwer

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:55 pm

To the Highland Confederacy

Ostend, 21 September 1720

Heeren,

It is in grief that I leave my beloved town, Ostend, but I must. The Austrian Habsburgs do not approve of my schemes and I do not approve of theirs. New waters are what I seek; I may find them in the West Indies.

Although I have made a name for myself on the North Sea, I feel it’s only appropriate - sound even – to start anew in the New World should Your Excellencies see fit. I am best judged by my deeds, not my words.

I write this letter hesitantly. I am not a religious type, for too many of my kin have died in religious wars. I am however lethally loyal if treated likewise, and care more for clan relations than … artificial bonds. If this inappropriate approach to your cause were not to create too much tension amongst your numbers, I’d be prepared to offer my service and life to what I believe is a righteous venture.

I will not be able to receive word from you, for reasons I will leave unattended. I have however heard of The Albatross and will drift by soon. Hopefully, this letter will have reached you by then, so the innkeeper can keep his guards at bay.

Sincerely

Erasmus de Brouwer

------------------------------------------------

I’m 35, Germanic philologist, and interested in storytelling and historical role play … but only if we can have a laugh while doing just that.

My PotBS forum name is Simon Danser, a name I was planning on using in-game as well until I read that there were more people with that name. Hence, Erasmus de Brouwer, which is more to my liking anyway, to be honest.

Free trading and adventuring was what drew me to this game years ago. Now that launch is near, I guess your crew is close enough. I was never going to apply to a straightforward pirate gang. The wish to roleplay and the presence of a background story is what lures me most.

I’ve written mythologies and historical backgrounds for gaming clans and comic strips. I always need a story and if there isn’t one, I’ll create one.

I like the story you are writing, and would like to meet you in-game when time comes or when you decide to consider my application. I’m not looking for an officer rank now, but would like to climb the ladder through accomplishment if possible. For now, I’d be content to get a stool with my name on it and a Flemish brew at the Albatross.
Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:14 pm

Mr. Brouwer,

I have left this letter in the keepings of Willem, a loyal ally of ours and the keeper of the Albatross, as you have, for whatever reason (which I will not press you on), not left a means to contact you.

First off, let me just say that with the exception of our good Bishop McDermott, none of us here are "Excellencies", not to say that some of us aren't aiming for the title, mind you.

As for your religious concerns, I think you will find you have little to fear on that account. While the Jacobite cause is at our core, religion is not our cause so much as our animosity towards the British empire and our desire for freedom. And our desire to make a decent profit, of course. I believe we are ready to welcome you if you are interested in either of these goals, be it as a a merchant or as one who is perhaps less peaceful, for we have need of both. I look forward to meeting with you, and will tell Willem to expect you.

Signed,

Wilhelm von Somborn

OOC:
Welcome indeed! We are always interested in having a few more hardcore roleplayers onboard. Feel free to post backstories here or in Copper Penny, and feel free to jump in on anything you see in the Albatross. As for having a laugh while RP'ing, A Three Hour Tour is open for madness! But no one seems to be jumping in on it. *sigh*

As for the officers seat, well, that depends on you, in large part. We are looking for mature, active members. Anyway, I have added you as a recruit. Make yourself at home and welcome to the Highland Confederacy.
Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 10:20 pm

Welcome Erasmus

Please make yourself at home Smile

I can't wait to see your contributions to the comunity I am RancorKing from the PotBS Forums Smile
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 10:53 am

My Dear Erasmus,

I once heard an old monk say that aboard sinking ships all turns thier faces to upward so I must assume that you are indeed a good sailor if you still find yourself to be not the "religious type". However, I do welcome your company and you will find my door always open should you ever find the need to confess your sins or share a mead, whichever should come first.

Bishop Aidan McDermott

OOC:
Let me just say that you've made an excellent choice in guilds to join. Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 11:47 am

Welcome indeed! And a fine choice you made if I may add.
Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:06 pm

To the Highland Confederacy

Harbour, 25 September 1720

Heeren,

I write to you a second letter to inform you of my arrival at your port. I’d be relieved and by your side at the Albatross enjoying a brew and informing you of my voyage, if it weren’t for the misfortune that befalls me and my crew.

There’s no journey without mishap, as every sea dog knows. Ours is the presence of a French cook – bless him and his marvellous meals – and your countrymen’s fear of the Plague. Apparently, news has reached these regions of a possible Plague outbreak in France. The Customs Officer thinks Flanders close enough to be cautious, a stance I’d consider sound were it not that it delays the moment of our meeting. So be it.

I hope the harbour commander is true to his word and informs you of my arrival. In the meantime, we can only be patient and wait until the quarantine flag is lowered. At least we have a means of communication now.

Sincerely

Erasmus de Brouwer

OOC: I'll continue the letter writing in my Log. I suggest as long as we haven't met that my courier receives your replies here. When the "coast is clear" and I can leave my ship I'll make my entrance in an Albatross RP thread in which everyone can contribute. I hope this is to your liking.
Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:29 pm

To Erasmus de Brouwer

Harbour, 25 September 1720

Hello,

Welcome to the Port,

May your stay in your ship be short,

and may we see you and your company in due time.

Sincerely,

Jasper de Groot
Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 5:56 pm

Dear Erasmus Brouwer,

I am saddened to hear of your unfortunate delay in the port. I will contact some of my acquaintances at once to see what can be done to rectify this ridiculous imposition upon you. One would think that a plague bearer would have been noted on the long journey over the seas. Included are some of the letters that have been addressed to you by various members of the Confederacy.

Sincerely,

Wilhelm von Somborn
Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Erasmus de Brouwer wrote:
For now, I’d be content to get a stool with my name on it and a Flemish brew at the Albatross.

I think that can be arranged, both of them. Please take the stool next to me.. perhaps we can discuss past and future "schemes".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Erasmus de Brouwer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Erasmus de Brouwer   Erasmus de Brouwer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Erasmus de Brouwer
Page 1 of 1