Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In behalf of my son, Jack McBain

Go down 
AuthorMessage

In behalf of my son, Jack McBain Empty
PostSubject: In behalf of my son, Jack McBain   In behalf of my son, Jack McBain Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 12:53 am

Chiefs and Officers of The Highland Confederacy,

I be Gillies McBain, chief of Clan McBain.

On behalf of Clan McBain I do hereby offer and commend the services of my second born son, Jack McBain, to The Highland Confederacy to fight for the restoration of James VIII of Scotland to his rightful place as King.

As is commonly known, our proud and honorable Clan is traced directly back to King Mac Bheatha. He being the ancient king of Scotland later known to the English as MacBeth. King Malcom II dishonorably and without just cause removed Mac Bheatha from the throne of Scotland by force and shortly thereafter our Clan sought out our brothers, Clan Chattan, to join with them in the Chattan Confederation. In the early Wars of Scottish Independence Clan McBain did fight on behalf of King Robert the Bruce and there slew the steward of John the Red Comyn, Bruce's rival to the throne.

Our allegiance to Scotland and the Jacobite cause are well known, including our muster in 1715 supporting James VIII of Scotland return to his throne. That objective continues to this day and Clan McBain will support in any way we can this effort until victory is won.

My son, Jack, is a capable Master. He was seven years before the mast serving well in all manner of responsibility until made Mate at age twenty, after which he served four more years before he first sailed as Master. For the past five years Jack has served as Captain of both small, medium and most recently large merchant Schooners. Although his trading efforts have brought needed revenue to the James III cause, much more is required. To achieve that both Jack and I wish to see him given the opportunity to Privateer.

In closing, I pledge the honor of Clan McBain that you will have in my Jack a dedicated and brave member of The Highland Confederacy.

Gillies McBain

-------

Hi, I'm John Bean from Olympia, Washington. My heritage is Scottish and I've traced my lineage to Clan McBean. All of the history refered to in Gillies letter of recommendation for his son Jack is accurate to the best of my knowledge. I'm always on the lookout for more knowledge of my forefathers. By the way, a lot of my life has been spent at sea.

My official forum name is Jack McBain (hope that name's not taken when I create my character).

I like to rp and am still learning how to best do that. I can stay in character ok, but still have trouble participating in involved created plots with specific roles other than my general profile. Still learning.

The reason I would like to join The Highland Confederacy is because I am of like mind with your objectives, I love the way you present the group, and I believe I could grow as a Role Player with you all.

John

Last edited by on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In behalf of my son, Jack McBain   In behalf of my son, Jack McBain Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 6:24 am

Clan Chief McBain,

The valor and dedication of the men of clan McBain is well known to me. We would be more than willing to have the assistance of your son Jack in the pursuit of the goals of the Jacobite cause, as we seek to give the British a black eye. If your son will meet us at the Albatross in the port of Martinique, we would be glad to welcome him into our company.

Wilhelm von Somborn
The Highland Confederacy
Proprietor-General

OOC:
Glad to have you with us. I think you will find plenty of chances to RP, even before launch. Just drop by the Albatross and either start a thread of join in one of the existing ones. As for your name being taken, that's one thing the 15 day preorder period is good for. I plan on signing on when the servers are opened and making Wilhelm ASAP. And then, go to sleep depending on when it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In behalf of my son, Jack McBain   In behalf of my son, Jack McBain Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 12:38 pm

Hello there and welcome to the HC from me too! A good app btw, and I think that Rl background will prove to be a good asset in Rp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In behalf of my son, Jack McBain   In behalf of my son, Jack McBain Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Nice to meet you, hope you find a nice home here.

If you're looking for a cause you've found one... and a good group of folks t'boot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In behalf of my son, Jack McBain   In behalf of my son, Jack McBain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In behalf of my son, Jack McBain
Page 1 of 1