Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb Empty
PostSubject: A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb   A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:46 am

Salut Scottish friends or shoul i say "Alba gu bragh"?

Mind if a take a seat? I am Frederic Géssert a bellfounder and scolast from this city. I would like to join your ranks or at least support your just cause against these bloody english privateers. You see, I come from a family of catholic Nuremberg traders, apothecaries and bellfounders. When the swedish came in the twenties of the last century my forefathers fled to France and then on to the french west indies. Last month I came home from a journey to Belle Harbor just to find that my wife and children were slaughtered by the pirates in the service of the heretical imposters on the english throne. One of my servants survived and recognised the language those butchers spoke as english as spoken in the south-eastern parts of England. There is nothing in this world that can give me back my wife Anna, god bless her, or my children, poor Michel and Catarine.
I will not rest until the very last drop of heretical english blood is spilled on the beaches of these lands. I can not offer you much. I will produce gunpowder for your ships and I will begin to produce cannons and gunbarrels in my foundry. I know that I can only live in peace, when the heretics are driven from these lands. May i join you?

_________________________ OOC ____________________________

I am a 30 yaer old physicist from Berlin, Germany. I am searching for a guild of mature players. I played several MMO(RPG)s e.g. AO, WoW, CoH/CoV, EVE, LotrO Beta.

I played the last week of the beta of PotBS. As the IC part above shows I like to play FT.

My username in the official forum is SethGarrisson.
I have TeamSpeak and speak German and English. I had only half a year of french lessons in elementary school, but can decipher a lot of it with German and 4 years of Latin in school.

Roleplaying (P&P) is a hobby of mine for 17 years now. In PotBS i consider being in a PR oriented guild a nice thing.

It looks like THC fits my personal stile of playing pretty well and i hope, that i can join soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb   A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:38 am

Herr Géssert, welcome to our halls.

As you rightly discern we are a society of divergent national origins with the common goals of defending the one true church and restoring James III/VIII to his rightful place as King of Scotland and England. It is with conviction that believe we will make a significant contribution to achieving these goals here on the burning sea. Our good Bishop, Father Aidan McDermott, will be please to know of your support as will our Proprietor-General (and one of your countrymen), Wilhelm von Somborn. I am sure he will be in touch with you as soon as he finds a pause in his many responsibilities. In the meantime, please feel free to peruse our library and add your own comments and perspectives as you feel so led.

Your humble servant,

Captain Jack McBain
Commodor,
Highland Confederacy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb   A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:39 pm

Could not have said it better myself as Mr. McBain just did!

Wilkommen herr Géssert, ich habe ihrem informationen gerne gelesen und freue mich auf unsehrem bruderschaft!

Now for the English speakin' part of our most esthemed society, and the fact that it is way too long since i have spoken any decent German haha!

Good to have ye with us friend and i do hope to see you soon in the West Indies. We'll have a drink or more if ye be so inclined, and talk some business as well as pleasure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb   A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A man approaches members of the Confederacy in the "Alb
Page 1 of 1