Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When do you play?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 am

I'm just curious when others are actually online in the game. I think it will be helpful to try and think about the initial size of the guild etc.

Me: I run a pretty consistent family schedule with my game time being most nights from an 8PM - 11PM window CST. Realistically, probably an hour or so most nights.

Forum wise, I'm here more often and will check in basically daily.
Back to top Go down

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 5:38 pm

Well, assuming this thing actually comes out in June, my hours will vary from day to day until September...4th, I think it is. Then I start school again. I actually register tomorrow, but here's my tentative schedule:

M & W: 11:00AM-11:50AM

T & R: 11:00AM-2:45AM

So that's when I absolutely won't be on. Beyond that, I'll be most consistently on from 7:00AM-10:00AM, then probably at varying times from 4:00PM-9:00PM.

Fridays and weekends it'll be entirely dependent on weekly factors.
Back to top Go down

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 6:53 pm

Same with Ophelie my schedule will be very different next semester.

But currently its virtually anytime except between about 5pm-10pm on weekdays and 7pm-12pm weekends.

***ALL MY TIMES ARE CENTRAL***

Last edited by on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 7:31 pm

Maybe we should state what time zone we are talking about, yes? I'm currently in Japan, but when I think about time in the states, I tend to think in EST. That being the case, in June and July my schedule will be early morning on weekdays, followed by Friday and Saturday nights (EST). Or something like that. It will get a bit more normal once I return to the states in August.
Back to top Go down

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 7:57 pm

Whoops, I totally meant to put in the time zone but forgot. My times are all pacific.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 8:30 am

My times are usually early evening maybe 6-10PM during the week and 6 or 7 to whenever on most weekends (though likely only to 10 on Saturdays.) My timezone flucuates from pacific to mountain. Currently I am aligned with pacific. Arizona doesn't participate in daylight savings.
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 7:29 am

That's one of the few things I love about Arizona. Not sure if you know this, but daylight saving time is based on a single study from the 1970s that the government itself has said is inconclusive. And, oh, I dunno, might technology have changed our patterns of energy use since the 1970s? Wink. And even more than that, the number of fatalities on the road actually increases during the week when the shift happens because of people being sleepier, an increase that hits children going to school particularly hard. So, in short, it's a government policy with little actual scientific support and it kills children.

Sorry for the tirade, I just absolutely hate the irrationality of daylight saving time. Stupid, stupid, stupid (personal preferences for when it's light outside aside).
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 8:38 am

Yeah, I like not worrying about it. I had heard it had something to do with WW2, but I guess that's not the case. I never studied it. Just never liked it much. Hated to have to change the times and crap. I always felt I was losing something.
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 6:39 pm

Different states have different pasts with daylight saving, but the federal, standardized version was rolled out as a way to curb energy usage after a spike in prices. Problem is, nobody knows if it does, and recent studies have suggested that it might actually increase energy usage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When do you play? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When do you play?   When do you play? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When do you play?
Page 1 of 1