Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What server is THC going to play?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What server is THC going to play? Empty
PostSubject: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 9:22 pm

What server is THC planning to try to populate? I did a search, but didn't find anything. If it's here, might consider making it a sticky so it's quick to find. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:01 pm

I'll bump this thread, since I'm in dire need of an answer myself. Just downloaded the beta and dying to get some PoBS hours in before the partying starts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:52 pm

North American Servers
Blackbeard
Rackham
Morgan
Kidd
Antigua
Guadeloupe
Bonny
Read
Hispaniola
Dominica
Martinique
Barbados
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:55 pm

I vote Read
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 10:44 pm

From the looks of this poll here it appears that Morgan might be getting the "unofficial RP server" tag:

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42882
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:47 pm

So long as there seems to be a reasonable amount of agreement in that thread from other guilds on what the "RPing Server" will be, I'd think it would be the safest bet to go with whatever server is decided upon there.

But it still remains to be decided which server we will be going with, and I should mention that we currently haven't ruled out going with a European server either, so make sure you let your opinion be known before the 7th!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:29 am

My vote would be the RP server, just for that reason. Don't know where it is in N. America, but N. America seems like it might split the difference, kinda, between EU and Asia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:43 pm

A parallel discussion regarding which server to choose is going on in other forums by several different rp societies. Leaders of these groups are talking with each other in an effort to coordinate this decision.

We do know this; it seems almost certain that our favorite nemesis, the infamous Captain Horatio Hawke and his motley 'white' squadron, are going to a European server named Roberts. These guys are our most organized English rp society enemies and it would be great if we were both on the same server.

The time difference is significant, but the guy who plays Horatio lives about twenty minutes from me on the West Coast which is in Pacific Standard Time. The West Coast is 'GMT - 8' which means, from the perspective of Captain Hawke and myself, when its midnight London time it is 4:00 pm PST in Seattle.

Most of the full members and officers voicing an opinion are leaning toward Roberts in Europe. Your input is important so let everyone know where you'd like HC to relocate the Albatross. pirat

On last note, as yet there is no player wide consensus about what will be the de facto rp server for the US. There has been a soft consensus in HC that if we stay on a US server and one does not emerge as THE rp server, then Martinique is the favorite at this time.

We've still got about a week or so to go and we'll keep everyone up to date with current thought.

Let us know your opinion on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:59 pm

I have been following the server discussion threads prettty closely and the current consensus on the FLS forums seems to be Morgan for a U.S. server or possibly Hornigold for a European server.

The problem with the Euro servers as an unofficial RP server is that there are very few of them which gives Euro players less choice in the first place.

Most of the threads seem to have converged in the "salty dog inn" topic here: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 10:42 am

Hmmm, personally I wouldn't mind a Euro server for immersion purposes (while it is useful for everyone to speak english, being a French national in-game it feels rather odd) and if the 'white' squadron are on Roberts, that is definatly something to take into consideration. The downside is, of course, the time difference (or not? less lag perhaps during our peak times).

Morgan would have peak times in relation to our time zones, but we'd have to find a new nemesis, eh?
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:33 pm

Faolan bought up the issue of linguistic diversity, which I agree is important. I would hope that this would be encouraged on any RP server. It would certainly give me the chance to practice up my rudimentary French and see if I could get beyond the level of only being able to ask directions to the nearest pissoir.

Wilhelm just posted in one of the other forums indicating the FLS community has settled on Bonny for the RP server. Kinda appropriate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:12 pm

Fine Members of the HC,

The SGS has decided to pursue our RP on Roberts. We would love to have the HC with us there but we understand that you must do what is in the best interest of your organization and we wish you all the best no matter what you decide or where you go.

S!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:25 pm

The new avatar is looking good Horatio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:38 pm

Benoit_Bontecou wrote:
The new avatar is looking good Horatio.

Thank you sir. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:07 pm

Captain Hawke,

May the winds be ever at yer back...except when ye cross the wake of a Scotsman. Then may ye fins yerself in irons!

Jack

((Best to you in the new year. 1720 should be an excellent one for both our interests.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:15 pm

While it is not yet determined, it seems likely that we will be going with Bonny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 5:16 pm

Jack McBain wrote:
Captain Hawke,

May the winds be ever at yer back...except when ye cross the wake of a Scotsman. Then may ye fins yerself in irons!

Jack

((Best to you in the new year. 1720 should be an excellent one for both our interests.))

Indeed Mister McBain... Perhaps the next time you cross my wake you'll manage to retrieve your small sword. I must say it makes a fine addition to my collection.

((Happy New Year to you and yours sir and to all the HC members. It should definately be a good year for both our organizations.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:11 pm

Ah how convenient Mr. Hawke we meet again, however ye seem somewhat out 'o place.
Perhaps cleaned your uniform or rather your servants i might add!

Indeed let us rejouce now for the old year has yielded in favor 'o the new one how i would like to put it.

To you and "yours" all the best once more, and may both our societies thrive in the West Indies the cometh year sir!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 4:13 pm

It is my consideration that you shouldn't cross the wake of a scotsman, especially where wind is concerned. For foul times could embark on such a moment. Better to take a wide birth, an give us some breathing space. Lest we relieve ourselves of something best kept belowdecks.

Roberts looks good, i wonder what form the events would take place. Esp if they are in french and we're on the french side...and i don't comprehend francais...but then i don't comprehend english often either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Any information yet?

I would really like to wipe that smile 'o Hawke's ...*ahum*... never mind!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:02 pm

We have been waiting on the devlog about the servers that was promised recently, but at the moment, it looks like we will be going with Bonny. The problem with Roberts is that most of our members know 0 French, which will exclude them from the events (which will be in the national language of the faction on the historical servers like Roberts (to the best of my knowledge)). Bonny, on the other hand, looks like it will be the unofficial RP server, so we should have a fair number of other players with similar interests.

Of course, if anyone has any input, I'm willing to listen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Mmmm, from the description of the historical EU servers (http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42830):

Quote :
What are Historical European Servers?
Historical European Servers will be running live events in a
combination of Spanish, French and German and English languages. There
is a lot more to be said regarding our live event plans, so expect a
Devlog with more information in the near future.

It sounds like they will have the events and the messages will be in all languages (for every nation). While a bit misleading, the inclusion of German is probably a good clue to them using all the languages for the events (for each nation).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 12:29 am

It would be great if we could run Faolán's perspective to ground to see if that's what is really going to happen. It would open a whole new opportunity. But I must conclude by saying I can't speak a work of French. Crying or Very sad

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 12:35 am

Horatio Hawke wrote:
Jack McBain wrote:
Captain Hawke,

Jack

Indeed Mister McBain... Perhaps the next time you cross my wake you'll manage to retrieve your small sword. I must say it makes a fine addition to my collection.

((Happy New Year to you and yours sir and to all the HC members. It should definately be a good year for both our organizations.))

No need Horatio, it was a small thing of no real worth, I believe I lost it overboard just before I sank you. I'm glad you found it. It serve as a remembrence of our first meeting.

((Good hunting! I'm going to miss you if we don't end up on Roberts!))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 1:11 am

Jack McBain wrote:
Horatio Hawke wrote:
Jack McBain wrote:
Captain Hawke,

Jack

No need Horatio, it was a small thing of no real worth, I believe I lost it overboard just before I sank you. I'm glad you found it. It serve as a remembrence of our first meeting.

((Good hunting! I'm going to miss you if we don't end up on Roberts!))

Ahh... So right. On the first meeting I beat you on your deck while your lap dog broadsided my ship. The second time I beat you soundly... Again on your deck but this time your lap dog ran and we decided to sink yer derelict as he fled.

I'd suggest you learn Spanish ayway since in 1720 they helped you Jacobites far more than the French. Wink

S!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What server is THC going to play?   What server is THC going to play? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What server is THC going to play?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next