Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server merges

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:48 pm

I'm sure that you have a discussion about this privately, but speaking publically as the greater French nation here...

It appears that Represailles is dissolving and Flat Earth is moving to Rackham.

I would say with about 75% certainty that La Compagnie will be moving to Antigua. The French community there is small and dedicated, a bit like our our old Bonny during better times. Most folks seemed friendly and fun, from what I could tell, though it is clear they have very few RP aspirations. We might run into a bit of bias the way we used to with the "carebear" label that the RPers all had to work to shed, since they're clearly not accustomed to RPers being out and about, and may still be under the mistaken illusion that we do little other than sit in Grenville tavern. But here's hoping it goes a bit smoother now that everyone's higher level and the entire world's been shaken upside down.

What is Highland's thoughts?
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:43 am

The general concensus so far seems to be Antigua. My experience there last night after making a bit of a nuisance of myself on Nation (on purpose) was not negative at all, and I got some /tells from RP'ers begging us to come to Antigua.

Hew had similar positive reactions, and the focus on Rackham seemed to be all around how much help we'd give them in the map contest, and be damned to RP.

Bog
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:20 am

I got very much the same impressions and responses. I think we could all be of use there.

Sov Coop and STORMSAIL are coming along to Antigua, most of the major pirates societies are not. Still not hearing anything official from Spain, they may be making their move on a national scale.
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:42 am

Greetings from Roberts here. I saw your post on our forums, and I wanted to provide you with some more information about our server to help you make the decision.

I see that you attach alot of value to being able to RP without being looked down upon. On the French side we have at least one RP society called La Flotte Royale des Colonies, it is a French speaking society though. There are alot of French speaking players on our server and that might improve immersion. I can also tell you that the British have mixed US/EU RP society called Saint George Squadron of the White.

I'm sure you will be welcomed and treated with respect here. You also shouldn't let the EU tag scare you away, we have plenty of players that play late at night.

I realize we can't force you to come here, but we hope you'll consider it. I hope the information I've given helps you make your decision easier.
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:55 am

The St. George were our RP arch enemies in Beta. I almost joined them before I found HC.

Bog
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:11 am

Firmus and I talked it over last night and think Antigua is the better choice. I've tried alts on many servers before I made my home on Bonny - France. I have and French alt I started with on Rackham and leveled a bit as my first character.

Roberts would be nice, but the eventual move to a Europe location of the server could pose lag problems in the future. Firmus and I also have a bit of time invested in spaniards on Roberts that I would hate to give up.

Antigua seems to have a more mature crowd from my experiences there (Actually have a Brit alt there but very young. Will probably delete him today and move my young Naval Officer from Bonny to lock in my transfer access.)
Back to top Go down
OxBaker
Privateer Captain
Privateer Captain
OxBaker

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Character sheet
Locations: Grenville
Production: Hemp, Rope, Canvas, Cotton, Sails, Textile Unrest Bundles
Requirements: Tar

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:24 am

Our guild leader is currently a little tied up with other matters and since there are already a number of our members really leaning towards Antigua, I just made that the official "tentative" choice of the HC. Simply meaning that I asked that we hold off just a bit longer to allow other members to weigh in before making our final decision but it looks like the HC will be moving to Antigua!

See you there Chantilly (probably)!
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:31 am

OxBaker wrote:
See you there Chantilly (probably)!

We'll be making our final call tonight, but I think it's a pretty safe bet we'll be sharing seas.

/salute
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:47 am

Vanguardia (Spain) and Glastonbury (Pirates), the other two major RP guilds, just committed to Antigua. So the decision's been very much made.
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:57 pm

It sounds like FLS is considering letting all the RP guilds move to one server to keep our community. There are a few posts by Joe about the consideration as well as possibly officially naming one server the RP server.

It is near the last page of:

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24760

Since it sounds like most of the RP guilds are moving to Antigua I hope that is the one they decide.
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:04 pm

WilliamVonBek wrote:
It sounds like FLS is considering letting all the RP guilds move to one server to keep our community. There are a few posts by Joe about the consideration as well as possibly officially naming one server the RP server.

It is near the last page of:

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24760

Since it sounds like most of the RP guilds are moving to Antigua I hope that is the one they decide.

Sounds like something they should have decided on/put into place before opening up transfers.
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Here are the relevant posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenau deLusan View Post
I'd suggest that FLS should consider selecting whatever world has the lowest population and letting any and all RPs choose that one if they wish. I think it's only Bonny so it won't upset your balance by much.

edit: You might consider the same thing for the non-Anglo speaking worlds as well. I'm guessing most are Euro and thus Roberts would be their first choice. Letting the French, Spanish, & German speakers move to Roberts might even out their population balance. Forcing some to choose one of the US worlds isn't a happy choice for those players.
We are looking into doing something very much like this. It's going to take a few hours to get it all figured out, but expect to hear more about it later today.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hylentor View Post
I've seen several posts on the caps and some official clarification would be good - Joe will wake up eventually

Is it 25% per server period (i.e, once 25% of bonny brits have gone to server #1, the rest have to go elsewhere), or is it the 25% of total numbers - if there's 1000 brits over the other servers, that means that 250 get to move to each?

If its the first, as much as I realize and do appreciate why you'd do it, its going to majorly suck to split people up like that. if its the second, it'll at least be tolerable. Hopefully, my society decides quickly, so we can get alts transfered. Most of our mains have worked too hard to get to the map win to transfer away 4 days before it happens.

Edit: I saw elsewhere that someone said it was clarified to the second one. If so, I missed it, and ignore this
I'm awake!

25% is an approximate number. We don't really care if the remaining servers end up 30%, 30%, 20%, 20% instead of 25%, 25%, 25%, 25%. What we want to prevent is 50%, 20%, 20%, 10%. If a huge percentage of the players go to one server that server will be overloaded and the others could still be underpopulated.

The caps are there to keep things from being wildly out of whack, not to enforce some kind of ideal balance.

Joe

uote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I'm awake!

25% is an approximate number. We don't really care if the remaining servers end up 30%, 30%, 20%, 20% instead of 25%, 25%, 25%, 25%. What we want to prevent is 50%, 20%, 20%, 10%. If a huge percentage of the players go to one server that server will be overloaded and the others could still be underpopulated.

The caps are there to keep things from being wildly out of whack, not to enforce some kind of ideal balance.
Joe, at the very least is it possible to get a commitment from FLS that if an individual society runs up against the limit you'll help us get our remaining players over to our chosen server despite the limits? Or that if we will wholly unbalance that server due to our size that you'll work with us to determine another server we can fit our entire society on?

We have individuals who have been playing together for a long time (since beta) or even earlier games and have forged friendships in game. They would be pretty upset if they couldn't stick together as a group.

Gabriel DeRussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlassJack View Post
Well I hope you're talking about the RP part and not just the Euro part. For me at least it would be the difference beteen staying and going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelor View Post
I was just hoping the opposite
I'm talking about both the RP (Bonny) part and the EU (Bonnet, Hornigold, Bellamy) part. We'll have more to say later today once we have a chance to line up some ducks.

Joe

This one just as additional info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bila View Post
The command /dumpsocietyinfo has not worked for me. it creates a empty .csv file.
Any ideas people?

--------------- From http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/...ticle_id=10753

What happens to my society?
In addition to resetting your friends list, if you are a Society Leader, transferring your character to a new server will reset your Society list as well. In order to assist Society Leaders with the task of keeping track of Society members, we have created the /dumpsocietyinfo command. Society Leaders using this command will create a file containing a list of your Society members titled societyinfo.csv,which can be found in the Pirates of the Burning Sea directory in your My Documents folder
This is unfortunately a known issue that TestCo & DevCo have been working hard to solve. Currently, the workaround is to have another member of your society run the command, as anyone in the society has the ability to do so, and hopefully it will work for them. Please feel free to file a support ticket about that issue as well.
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:44 am

I have been gone only a few days and honestly have not a clue what or why is going on with server stuff but it sounds like HC is moving to Anty.

I am going to make the transfer and hope that is the right thing to do.

*sigh* Walks off trying to figure out why FLS makes life so damn complicated.
Back to top Go down

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:55 am

Hello Nicole,

Yes HC has moved to Antigua, we were all expecting your arrival.

See you there in a short while, I hope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server merges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server merges   Server merges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server merges
Page 1 of 1