Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note Empty
PostSubject: Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note   Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 am

My Collegues of the highland confederacy your reputation has come highly recomended from the French.My name is Edmand Fitzgerald please dont confuse me with my angry twin brother Edmond Fitzgerald.We lost everything when our Ship went down off the lake gitche gumee .we were carrying 26 tons of iron ore when she went down.The truth is we were boarded by the English pressed into service and the ship sunk.My brother and I in the cover of darkness slipped over board and swam ashore.Our reputation as seamen was ruined my brother joined the navy to restore our good name and I am set to restore our business in the ironworks business.I believe my luck has changed now that im on French soil only time will tell.I figure [lighting a match puts it to his pipe and puffs ]joining your establishment can be highly profitable for both of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note   Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:02 am

edmond fitzgerald wrote:
My Collegues of the highland confederacy your reputation has come highly recomended from the French.My name is Edmand Fitzgerald please dont confuse me with my angry twin brother Edmond Fitzgerald.We lost everything when our Ship went down off the lake gitche gumee .we were carrying 26 tons of iron ore when she went down.The truth is we were boarded by the English pressed into service and the ship sunk.My brother and I in the cover of darkness slipped over board and swam ashore.Our reputation as seamen was ruined my brother joined the navy to restore our good name and I am set to restore our business in the ironworks business.I believe my luck has changed now that im on French soil only time will tell.I figure [lighting a match puts it to his pipe and puffs ]joining your establishment can be highly profitable for both of us.

((OOC: New France (French: la Nouvelle-France) was the area colonized by France in North America during a period extending from the exploration of the Saint Lawrence River, by Jacques Cartier in 1534, to the cession of New France to Spain and to the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1763. At its peak in 1712 (before the Treaty of Utrecht), the territory of New France extended from Newfoundland to the Rocky Mountains and from Hudson Bay to the Gulf of Mexico. The territory was then divided in five colonies, each with its own administration: Canada, Acadia, Hudson Bay, Newfoundland and Louisiana. Yay Wikipedia!

So Lake Superior, also known in the native tongue GITCHEE GUMEE, whereby another native spirit "The Witch of November" came early to sink the Fitzgerald. The Arthur M Anderson (another 1000 foot Laker) and the Coast Guard Cutter Mackinaw WAGB-83 did the search for the wreck and survivors was the last to see him (Edmund Fitgerald). I am personally fond of that bit of Great Lakes history turned legend. ))

Michael looks up from his Rum and scowls slightly. Hmm I have seen many a brave lad turn to piracy fer less, thats fer sure. But the English are adept at weavin lies when it comes t bein Irish, that I know well enough!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note   Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:20 am

Captain Fitzgerald, profit is a major objective for us if the Highland Confederacy is to aid our King James return to what's rightfully his. So what interests you also interests us. We be a collection of Scots, French, Irish, Germans and even a Spainards, and a rascal of a Dutchman. (Have I missed anyone's nationality?) We've probably got as many reasons and nationalities for joining up with HC, so ye be welcome here with us.

Please feel free to do some pokin' into our stacks o' letters, missives, and other communiqués found here. Tis the best way to get a good idea of what's happing here at the moment. Yer encouraged to contribute as you feel inclined.

Welcome, Captain Fitzherald!

(ooc)
I'l add your name to the Recruit list in potbs. When you're on the burning sea just ask if you have any questions. In game any of our members will offer help but you're particularly welcomed /tell Henk Owl, Benoit Bontecou, Argyll Campbell, William MacNeil, Whisky Pete, and myself. We're the official welcoming committee Smile We look forward to getting to know you in game.
(/ooc)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note   Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:03 am

Aye Mr Fitzgerald, welcome to our Confederacy sir. You will find many a tale and many a helping hand, so just reach out and ask if you need anyhing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note   Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Please be welcomed.

((Woah! brings crazy memories. when I was very little my parents brought me to the shores of Lake Superior, I'm a Michigan native, and had me sing that song out lound in front fo the whoel family.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note   Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:19 pm

Welcome to the Confederacy. Now hove to and run out the guns, the Sassenach are set to be handed a small piece of Scots justice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note   Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edmand Fitzgerald, Gunrunner of small Note
Page 1 of 1