Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Émile deMontfort (Accepted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:04 pm

Messieurs:

I have received orders from his Majesty, King Louis XV, to inform you that, in accordance with the agreement made between his representatives in the Marine Nationale and the officers and administration of the Highland Confederacy, I have been assigned to your “company” to act as a liaison between the two aforementioned parties. His Majesty and his Amiraux feel that this is the most appropriate method of ensuring an efficient exchange of information, so that we may both effectively work towards our common goal.

On a more personal level, I have long admired the zeal displayed by the Highland Confederacy, and I eagerly look forward to meeting with all of you.

Cordially,
Vicomte Émile deMontfort,

Le Capitaine du Omnipotent

Character Description: (I think I’ll be leaving this fairly basic for now) Émile, son of the esteemed Marquis René deMontfort, is a man of both average height and build. He is a rare example of a nobleman, as he is a firm believer in the old maxim “The title should not bring honor to the man, the man should honor to the title.” In order to do so, he took up a commission in the Marine Nationale.

Player Description: My name is James, and I’ve participated in text/forum based rping off and on for about six years. My forum name on the FLS site it Maxentius, and I plan on playing as a Naval Officer (as you might have already guessed : ) ). I treat RPing as almost a form of escapism… it allows me to take up a slightly different persona and explore societies (both real and imagined) that it would normally be impossible for me to be a part of. The reasons behind my desire to join the Highland Confederacy are fairly simple: generally while playing MMOs I tend to align myself with small to mid-size guilds/societies. The Highland Confederacy fits that bill, and is based on RPing around a fairly interesting storyline.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:10 pm

ooc: Welcome and glad you could finally get on the forums. I'll be adding you as a recruit. Please make yourself and home and I am sure other members will be by to welcome you and ask questions.

To current members. Emile had already spoken with me to make sure it was all right to come aboard as a Naval Officer. I gave the go ahead based on wanting to see RPers join us rather than go somewhere else. I think this might be the beginning of a "Naval attachment" to the Highland Confederacy. The thinking being that the French would want to protect the goods we are shipping. Just wanted to give everyone an FYI.
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 11:12 pm

Hamish MacBane wrote:
ooc: Welcome and glad you could finally get on the forums.

The feeling is, most decidedly, mutual Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 11:54 pm

ooc: I have no complaints with with a naval member. Sets a nice precedent for when I want to start my naval alt... however far down the line that is. I figure we can discuss the idea of a "naval attachment" itself in the society forum though.

Regardless, a most hearty welcome aboard! :pirat:

edit: err... I meant ideas forum... no really, I mean it.
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:43 pm

Since we have pretty much fully met in the Albatross, I'm going to let that be our IC intro and first meeting if that is okay. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Acceptance   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:11 pm

A letter arrives aboard the Omnipotent, wrapped in a light blue ribbon and sealed with the HC logo.

Emile deMonfort
Capitaine du Omnipotent,

While His Majesty has seen fit to assign you to the Confederacy he has given us the final decision as to whether you would fit our needs. As we have had time to take a measure of you and your qualities we feel confident in extending to you full membership into our Confederacy and acceptance as a member of our Militia as part of the Naval attachment. Know that the Confederacy considers you one of it's own and extends to you all that that entails. Welcome.

Respectfully,

Board of Proprietors.

HC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:40 pm

Congratulations Emile!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Merci beaucoup, mes amis. I believe it would now be appropriate for me to say that I am honored to be accepted into such good company.

((Not to be picky, but would it be possible to have the recruit tag removed? Very Happy))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:02 pm

gratz!
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Emile deMontfort wrote:

((Not to be picky, but would it be possible to have the recruit tag removed? Very Happy))

Oops. Smile I'll get right on to changing that to slave...I mean..member. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 9:54 pm

Conqratz dud... member Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 am

Yeah and I like the "Naval Attachment". Better than recruit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 9:26 pm

Note: Not that it's important, but I've decided to change the name of my ship to La Francisque... I've updated my 'character sheet' accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Émile deMontfort (Accepted)   Émile deMontfort (Accepted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Émile deMontfort (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1