Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Info
Name: Kyle
Origin: Quebecois (Montreal, CA)
Current Location: New Jersey, USA

Official Forum Name: Tigasnake
Prospective Character Name: Jacques Brodeur
Ship Name: Maître de l'Océan

Profession: Naval Officer

What is RP to you?
Roleplaying(RP), to me, is to animate my character's personality, decisions, and background with the usage of the environment, actions, and speech. My text used should be elaborate, but still to the point. Some RPers that I ran into in Wow and SWG use accented dialogue. For example, a french character would use " 'ello monsieur", instead of "hello monsieur" in order to thicken the accent figuratively. (sorry, I went overboard with my opinion)

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy?
While lurking and posting on the FLS forums, I have noticed a few members of this society advertise and comment about it. As a prospective french naval officer, I am currently looking to settle down with an existing society of the selected nation. I offer maturity, leadership skills, and loyalty to this society. Also, I am intrigued by the society's alliance of different cultures/nations not selectable in the initial release like Scots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:26 pm

I apologize in advance for the confusion for the account name, Fusic. It was going to be my last name but i changed to Brodeur very recently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:33 pm

Name confusion is alright, look at my name! It has nothing to do with my IC name (Jon Rollsbach). But I'm glad you took interest in the Confederacy and am hoping to get to know ya better! In the meantime explore the forums and come visit us in the 'Albatross' cheers
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:25 pm

Welcome Fusic. Thanks for your interest in the Highland Confederacy.

Couple things. First if you could do us a favor and add an in character intro to your app we'd appreciate it. Doesn't have to be anything overly detailed, but gives us an idea of who you are IC wise, also a brief description of the character would be great. Again, no need for books, I'm sure you might still be working out who you want to play.

The reason why this is very important is your chosen profession. We are mainly a merchant/privateering society, this is the core of our characters. However we will accept Naval Officers (see Emile) but the story has to be good for it and make sense with the society. Naval Officers will be limited in number in the society. Of course we do not want to turn away good and willing Rpers because of profession, so don't feel like you need to look elsewhere, but we just need to make sure the story fits the society. Feel free to throw out ideas if you want to see what might fit. Thanks!

Welcome! I'm going to go ahead and make you a recruit so others can ask questions and get to know you as well. Just try and get the IC part as soon as you can.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 12:22 am

The letter is written in iron pen. It was sent as if it was a medieval message, wrapped and sealed with careless spotting of wet ink around the edges.

Bonjour,

As a loyal officer of France, I have been ordered to see that this confederacy of traders and scouts is under the care of 'is Majesty. I come from a long line of men that gave their lives for a 'igher rise of ze french flag. When meeting, you shall see a tall and avg weighted man standing militantly, who challenges the straightness of his sword.

With many national flags 'oisted and a drifting economy, I will do my best to secure safe passage for those enlisted in this society throughout the Caribbean. Many competin' organizations, like the East India Company, will surely bother our goals and progression and I have been directed to clear the path, even if the lock'r claims my ship 'n crew.

As for privateers, tis difficult to protect a majority so spread apart in the Atlantic. Upon summons, I shall come to aid for those in debacles that desire numbers and strength rather than chance. I shall serve this society as a bodyguard and as a loyal community member.

Merci,
Jacques Brodeur

(ooc-edit: to add more character depth than mission briefing)
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:44 pm

Same as Emile, since we had the fortune of meeting in the tavern, I'm going to let that be our RP intro.
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 4:20 am

I tried to make the intro be somewhat different, but seemingly no luck. We were both sent by the King and we're both as French as they come.. hard to top that with an intro already made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 5:14 pm

Jacques Brodeur wrote:
Current Location: New Jersey, USA

OOC -
Would that have anything to do with your change in heart for your characters last name? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 8:53 pm

Hahaha.. Vive le Marty Brodeur! Vive le Devils!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 8:19 pm

OOC-
Wink I raise my cup to you and our beloved Devils.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)   Jacques Brodeur (Accepted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jacques Brodeur (Accepted)
Page 1 of 1