Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter Empty
PostSubject: Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter   Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 8:14 am

Highland Society
Posted this 7th day in the new year of 1720 from New Orleans

Gentlemen and Ladies of the Highland Society
I am the Master of the "Solidarity" a small Freetrader. I have been delivering supplies to the new colony here at the mouth of the Mississippi in the Lousiania territory and return North to Mont Real in the Canadas. I have great fears that unless we band together all of my shipping lanes will be filled with either Black Pirates or the insufferable British.

It is with this belief that we must work together to survive and thrive in our enterprises that I seek to join an alliance with your Highland Society.

Jacques Cardinal
Master of the Solidarity
Port of New Orleans
Formerly from LaPrairie, Quebec in the Canadas

-----------------------------------------------------
Name: Mike Haley
I am a veteran MMO gamer with expereince in DAoC, NWN, NWN2, and WoW. I am married with a 14 year old son who is also a gamer and will probably want to also play PotBS.

I have played World of Warcraft since beta and I am an officer in a large guild of over 250 members. I know what it takes to organize and run a guild/society. I also know what it takes to be a steady team player.

I plan to explore the Freetrader aspect of the game first, but to eventually expand into Privateering and then finally try being a Naval Officer. I am drawn to the French by my ancestry which came from Quebec.

My roleplaying style is imersive but not excessive. Jacques Cardinal will be in-character most of the time, but I am not French speaking nor will I attempt any foolish accents. I will think and act like Jacques Cardinal.

I have never played any of the sailing games, so I will have to learn the mechanics of ship based battle. I am a quick learner.

I have my Pre-Boarding Party Key in my hand and will be starting later today.

I look forward to joining your organization and become a respected member.

Mike Haley
aka Jacques Cardinal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter   Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:25 am

Capitaine Cardinal,

As I'm sure you can appreciate, our Proprietor-General, Herr Wilhelm von Somborn is much engaged in last minute preparations for today's events, but on his behalf it is my pleasure to welcome you to the Highland Confederacy. Both the concerns and potential contributions expressed in your proposed alliance meld nicely with our needs.

As your letter of interest is passed from hand to hand I trust you will be receiving further welcome from others of our Confederacy.

Kindest regards,

Captain Jack McBain
Commodore
The Highland Confederacy

((Again, welcome! Please explore the HC forums. There is much to find here, including maritime terms, Free Trader (FT) stratagems and plain good in character role playing. Post where you wish. We trust you'll find us a welcoming society.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter   Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:51 am

As my most esthemed and fellow captain posted, welcome indeed! Good to see a variety 'o characters with diferent and distinctive backgrounds joining our society!

Be it for glory, conquest, personal gain 'n riches (some or more), or a true and unwavering dislike for "Rule Britannia"
all are welcomed here as brothers and sisters...

OOC: Great that your son wants to play as well so does mine (almost 6) but he is way too young! Come to think 'o it my daughters (almost 6 and 3 and a half) would most likely play this grand game too hahaha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter   Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:49 am

((Jacques, I attempted to add your name to our ingame recruit list - Jacques Cardinal - and got the error message "The name you specified does not exist". Did I spell it correctly? Let me know what's happening from your perspective and we'll straighten this out and get you joined up.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter   Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:51 am

I have had a lot of trouble getting the pre-order setup to load and work. I am hoping to be logged into the game in a very short time.

I am not very familiar with how these forums are set up. I will try to contact you in-game.

Jacques Cardinal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter   Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jacques Cardinal - Recruitment Letter
Page 1 of 1