Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Empty
PostSubject: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:35 pm

The packet received from the young Lieutenant Lafleur had been damaged, water marks were visible and although the seal had not been broken, it had been badly damage.

The men, Officers and Captains, opened the packet to reveal an unsealed note, written in haste on what looks like a torn piece of fabric and a folded parchment bearing a seal with a coat of arms where the Fleur de Lys was clearly visible.

The note had been written with what was visibly a piece of charcoal.

In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Note10

The parchment:

In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Parche10

Note:At last, here is the real work!!

OOC- I am knew to RP, French speaking, totally stranger to 18th century idiom of the Pirates and the sailors, but I will learn. I lived in St Kitts from September 1976 until May 1980 and sailed the waters of the Caribbean from the Bahamas to Trinidad (PoS) which is why I was so attracted by PotBS.
I am currently a LVL 27 Privateer, not too interested in PvP, but certainly in any group actions to force blockade, invade or defend.
My storyline will regularly be published in one or two threads at the Albatros

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 5:10 am

Welcome Captain Lemay! We are a helpful bunch of all levels of play. I think that you will find that you have found a home where everyone will be more than glad to help you along. Welcome to the fight sir!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:24 am

G'day, mate! I've seen you about in the waters off Florida. Always good to have another aid us in our cause against the usurper.

Bog

/ooc Don't worry about the RP and the fact that most of us speak little if any French, though some do, in fact, speak French. I played something called "A Tale in the Desert" for about three years and that game has a huge French population so I, at least, am used to many languages in chat. For my part, one of the reasons I play these online games is that I can meet people from many diffferent and interesting places.

But you should change your mind about the PvP. Smile There's nothing more exciting that exposing your ship to a thinking enemy and risking the loss of that ship. It's the same thrill, I think, that gamblers have, though it's a lot less expensive in the game. (I never gamble though I will bet on a sporting event.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 11:40 am

Welcome Captain leMay!

I do very much look forward to seeing the image of the parchment you and your wife spent so much time on. I love inserting a visual clue in my posts to help guide the readers imagination.

Thank you for the wonderful information about some of your background - StKitts must have been a blast! It is my goal someday to sail some of these seas as you have.

I am currently level 32, a Free-Trader, and would love to sail alongside you should the opportunity present itself. In addition I can offer you a free bottle of Black Rose fine wine or rum to add to you Captain's Cabinet next we meet, as a welcoming gift.

Look forward to meeting you on the seas!

Signed,
~~M.Baudelaire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Madame Beaudelaire,

Quote :
In addition I can offer you a free bottle of Black Rose fine wine or rum to add to you Captain's Cabinet next we meet, as a welcoming gift.

How can a man resit a woman of your beauty -my wife just departed from St Malo she won't arrive before next month-

I would love a taste of y...our Black Rose, maybe at the Albatross, I am certain that Willem the innkeeper could find a table for us (apart- for 25db!!!)

Your servant,

Réjean lemay
Maitre Rej for my friends
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Maitre Rej wrote:
I would love a taste of y...our Black Rose

*Suspiciously eyes the Frog* Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:50 am

[quote="Owl"]

Quote :
*Suspiciously eyes the Frog* Suspect

*Ho ho, the black and white kitten is sharpening its claws*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:25 am

Welcome sir. I look forward to combining our forces to inflict losses on the usurper shipping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.   In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Recruitment Office of the Highland Confederacy.
Page 1 of 1