Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faye enters the recruitment office.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faye La

Faye enters the recruitment office. Empty
PostSubject: Faye enters the recruitment office.   Faye enters the recruitment office. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 8:04 pm

A young woman of maturity enters the recruitment office and looks around. She laces her hands behind her back, reviewing the articles on the wall, taking in the ambience of the setting around her, and considers her options. This was the place, all right, no doubt about it.

She tucks a wild strand of red hair behind one ear and picks up a stub of pencil and a piece of parchment. She leans over the table, preferring to stand as she begins her application to the Highland Confederacy. Pushing aside the thoughts of her mother back home in Brittany, she provides her information in legible, neat handwriting. There are spelling errors of the sort which speak of formal, academic ignorance. There is however a grace to the writing which speaks of worldly knowledge, the kind found through hard experiences and not in books.

Herein she writes:

Quote :
To the Highland Confederacy review:

It is with pleasure that I apply to your societie today. The new world promises many things to a woman seeking her fortune. Here I earn my living by trade and commerce. And it was true what they said in Leon. I find all the resources a shipwright could ever need.

But more to the point: My sympathies lie with your cause. Though I sign this using my mother's name, there is a bond greater than friendship that tyes me to you. There is someone's memory I wish to preserve. He left things unfinished at the end. He was verie dear to me. I wish to carry on in his footsteps.

I may be reached at Tampa, Florida staying at the inn port side. As ever,

Your humble servant,
Faye La Roux

She folds the parchment, and seals it by borrowing some wax from one of your sconces. Her symbol pressed into the wax is made by a curious signet ring on the third finger of her left hand. Then she deposits the paperwork upon the appropriate desk and exits as quickly and as nondescript as she came.

Player Description
: I'm a new player of Pirates of the Burning Seas and have been searching for an RP LS because the game is very quiet without the proper historical chatter to keep you going through all those quests and NPC battles! I like trading and economy more than battles, and am playing a free trader whom I hope to create into a shipwright. I'd like to apply here with my husband-to-be (October marriage) so we can meet more people on the game and enjoy the ambience of the Caribbean the way it's intended. He will be applying soon after me as Athos Renard.

I'm a Breton by heritage, and a red-head in real life -- hence the name Faye La Roux -- it has special meaning to me. I'm a bit of a jokester and I'm a very light-hearted player. I'm not into depressing stories but I'm also not a farce.

Official Forum Name: FayeLaRoux

Profession: Freetrader looking to become a shipwright and help with the economic warfare angle of the French power on Antigua.

What is RP to you? "RP" is the sorely-missing part of most MMORPGs. I enjoy traveling about in local, nation and other chat using actual RP terms in historical context. As soon as I go about creating a game avatar, I can't help but start thinking up backstory. Customization just leads to stories and to me, RP is all about the story. RP is also about pleasurable immersion in the world around you so that you're not being jarred every five minutes by OOC. I love to have fun.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? I was really happy to read that you 1) honor chivalry and good conduct at all times and 2) work together and wish to have positive and cooperative interactions. That's the biggest reason why I chose Highland Confederacy apart from my love of RP experiences.

Any questions?
I hope that my wish to be mostly a free trader and shipwright doesn't take away from my application over all. I have noticed in my fifteen levels here that PvP is very big and that most of the world seems to revolve around port battles and contention. That's less interesting to me than supply and demand.

I love the idea of economic warfare and supplying allies who like battling it out - - but I'm not much of a fighter myself. My idea of fun fighting is the duel to first blood ie. "I demand satisfaction." Before I came to this forum I did consider dropping the game because of the heavy emphasis on Vent table-top strategy fighting. I didn't see much RP until I came here, and RP is why I come to these games. So I'm very happy we found you!

And I hope you'll consider my application and accept me. As ever,

Humbly yours,
Faye La Roux
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faye enters the recruitment office.   Faye enters the recruitment office. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:50 am

Thank you for you interest in the Confederacy. An officer should contact you within a couple of days. Welcome to the New World.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faye enters the recruitment office.   Faye enters the recruitment office. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:06 am

Welcome.

OCC. ( Humm... another couple and them too a Freetrader and a Privateer... interesting)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faye enters the recruitment office.   Faye enters the recruitment office. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:41 am

Interesting indeed Rejean.

I look forward to meeting you and your husband Captain La Roux.

MacTavish
Back to top Go down
Namo Larkin
Proprietor-General
Proprietor-General
Namo Larkin

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Locations: Cayo, Tampa
Production: LV, Teak, and Ships
Requirements: Hulls or Parts for Hulls

PostSubject: Re: Faye enters the recruitment office.   Faye enters the recruitment office. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Welcome to the Highland Confederacy. I have you on my friends list and look forward to meeting you sometime in the next couple of days. I wish the RP was more utilized in the setting but it is what it is. I am one of the ship builders here and if you are in need of any supply just ask. My shipyard is in Cayo but I have my sail making production in Tampa. I spend a good amount of my time in Tampa so I am sure I will see you around.
If there is a perticular time you log in let me know.

Namo Larkin
Officer of the Highland Confederacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faye enters the recruitment office.   Faye enters the recruitment office. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:00 pm

Bienvenue capitaine La Roux,

even though battles are inportant, freetraders are also. How would ships been built without us? Welcome to the Highland Confederacy.

À la prochaine!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Faye enters the recruitment office.   Faye enters the recruitment office. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:42 pm

Trugarez* everyone for the warm welcome!

(Both in game and here!)

I look forward to meeting you all and sharing a pint of chouchen together while trading tales.

Yec'hed mat!*

Signed:
~Captain Faye la Roux of the Pillow Talk of Bretagne~

Breton Key:
Trugarez = Thank you
Chouchen: a Breton alcoholic drink distilled from honey and (the legends say) the venom of bees is what gives it its kick!
Yec'hed mat! = Good health!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faye enters the recruitment office.   Faye enters the recruitment office. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faye enters the recruitment office.
Page 1 of 1