Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Olaf Susi (Accepted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Olaf Susi (Accepted) Empty
PostSubject: Olaf Susi (Accepted)   Olaf Susi (Accepted) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:17 pm

Anno Domini 1721

To Hamish MacBane

Good Captain MacBane, you may not now me yet so let me introduce myself.
I am Olaf Susi, the firstborn son of Hjolmar Susi from the county of Häme in East Sweden, or as we call it, Finland. I have not always been a sailor or a captain but maintained the profession of a hunter as did my fore fathers before me, but thats an another story.
But enough of this, lets proceed to the real reason I am writing to you. For a certain rather private reason, if you know what I mean, I am forced to leave my home in the north and press onwards to new goals and pursuits, and I believe that your Confederacy provides me a formidable chance to do it, ofcourse if you allow it. Who knows what the West Indies might provide for a traveller like me, and maybe someday I shall return to my home in the north, only the almighty Lord knows what is in store in me. But this is again only if you choose to allow it.
Now you might think why to accept such a stranger in your confederacy but let me assure you that I share the common displease to imperialistic powers since Sweden has ruled our people now for a formidable period.
Now I rest my case to your and to the hands of the Almighty Lord. Whatever you may decide in your wisdom I shall not hold a grudge against you or your Confederacy.

Regards

Olaf Susi

OCC.

Well theres not much to tell about myself that im a finnish (no suprise there) 18 year old High School Student. Ive been playing seafaring games till Port Royale, Colonization and Patrician Wink

Im prob going for a freetrader, I love adventure, trading and fast ships Smile

Well I quess RP for me is in that letter

I want to join Conf. cause it seems to be a really intresting French Guild with hopefully mature people without those NOOB! OMG! #$#$ YoU! kids. Razz

If I missed anything Im glad to answer you further questions.

Edited by Hamish for language
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olaf Susi (Accepted)   Olaf Susi (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 3:53 am

The man standing by the candle carefully reseals the letter and places it once more into the sleeping couriers pack. Tomorrow the letter will find its way to Hamish. Now is the time to think how best to utilize this information.

OOC: First off, I'm glad to have your interest in the confederacy.

I must say that I like the cut of your jib (I only realized after I wrote that how appropriate it really is).

One thing you might consider doing is working on a firmer reason for your character to be interested in the confederacy. It doesn't have to be a reason thats actually known to the confederacy (Wilhelm is keeping plenty of info back, I assure you), but something a little stronger than what it reads in your application. Simply put, it sounds like your character is just looking for a fun group to adventure with, as opposed to strongly sharing the Confederacy's purpose.

Aside from that, not a bad application in my opinion.

One last thing: We will almost certainly be playing on one of the American servers. I hope this isn't a problem for you. Oh, and can we get your official forum name?
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Olaf Susi (Accepted)   Olaf Susi (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 11:27 am

OOC: Welcome to the Confederacy. I'll be entering you into the recruits rolls and I'm sure others will be by to talk with you and get to know you. I edited your post for that one bit of language. We try to keep things family friendly, but no worries I know you were meaning it only as an example. Though mild language is not an issue. We just don't know who will be by to read.

Welcome and thanks for the fine application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Olaf Susi (Accepted)   Olaf Susi (Accepted) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:11 pm

OCC: Thank you, I am really looking forward to get to know you all.

I'll make my chars. reasons more stronger, maybe in the RP forum section?

My forum name will be Olaf Susi, though now that I think of it I would like to change it to Susiluoto which sounds more finnish?

I think I wont have prob. with the US server because my friend is prob going there too. Though well have to see how things work out when the game is released.

Ps: Blow up a lot of those rockets, happy 4th of July for every American here. (Im having a vacation in Sacramento CA now so I quess ill see fireworks too Smile
Back to top Go down
Hamish MacBane
Founder
Founder
Hamish MacBane

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-04-14

Character sheet
Locations:
Production:
Requirements:

PostSubject: Re: Olaf Susi (Accepted)   Olaf Susi (Accepted) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:42 pm

A letter arrives with the seal of the Highland Confederacy....

My Dear Sir,

Though I confess to knowing little about your country, we of the Confederacy are a fairly open sort. Of course we have certain affinity to those who like us face an oppressive ruler and seek to leave such oppression and make your own mark in this world. The New World of the West Indies is waiting to be plundered by men of courage and vision. The markets are open to any who might be the first to get there. Prizes wait to be taken and much glory is ready to be shared out to any who will take hold of it.

I extend to you a welcome invitation to meet with us at our offices at your earliest convenience. My our Father protect you on your journey. We look forward to making your acquaintance.

Respectfully,

Hamish MacBane, Captain
Highland Wind
Highland Confederacy

HC
Back to top Go down
https://highlandconfederacy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olaf Susi (Accepted)   Olaf Susi (Accepted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olaf Susi (Accepted)