Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fan fiction on PotBS vault

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Fan fiction on PotBS vault Empty
PostSubject: Fan fiction on PotBS vault   Fan fiction on PotBS vault Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 10:21 am

Hi all,

I promised Deoiridh D'Alembert that i would contact you when this has been sorted, well it has.

As of last Thursday, we now have a Vault and open forum dedicated to all things PotBS. Specifically with regard to your Society, we were very impressed by the quality of your player fiction and how it fits into the lore of the game.

Part of the Vault is an area dedicated to player/fan fiction, where we would welcome any submissions from your Society.

Part of the reason i am announcing this in a general post, is that it is not going to be highly regulated, and we are happy to take submissions from anyone. It will be moderated, and as I had mentioned to Deoiridh, we're hoping to aim it at PG13 level. I fully appreciate that some of your material is more adult in nature, and i for one would like to see this retained. But until we are able to entertain an adults only boards, such stories would need very slight modification. for that I can only apologise and hope you understand.

All that said, i really hope you can find the time and will to post something up. Especially (but not necessarily) if it's serialised. I will do all i can to promote such a thing, including special banner headlines on the main sites, and possibly some Vault Headline articles. You just need to let me know in advance if you want anything promoted.

The main vault can be found here: http://potbsvault.ign.com/
The fan fiction page can be found here: http://potbsvault.ign.com/View.php?view=FanFiction.List
And the forums here: http://vnboards.ign.com/pirates_of_the_burning_sea_general_board/b23032/p1

Please get in touch with me here, or via a PM on the forums if you need any further assistance.

I hope we shall meet out on the waves.

Cap'n Pas o7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan fiction on PotBS vault   Fan fiction on PotBS vault Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:29 pm

I, for one, will see what I can do when I get some spare time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan fiction on PotBS vault   Fan fiction on PotBS vault Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 8:58 pm

Deoiridh,

I hope you will submit Captain Jenny “Handsaw” Hawk's "The Mutiny". To be honest it was just after reading that when I realized that this was the society with which I wanted to become associated. It is a GREAT tale!

Jack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fan fiction on PotBS vault   Fan fiction on PotBS vault Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 7:13 am

Great to hear these responses. I just wanted to add though, there is nothing wrong in posting up existing material. The only promotion i have done thus far is to a few staff on the internal forums, so i'm sure there are many forum and vault users who have yet to see what has already been written.

I just mention it to avoid you thinking it was only new material that was of use.

No! It's all fabulous cheers
Back to top Go down
Deoiridh
Merchant Captain
Merchant Captain
Deoiridh

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Character sheet
Locations: Belle Isle, New Orleans, Irish Point
Production: Shot, Cannons, Fittings, Powder, Unrest Supplies
Requirements: Saltpeter, Limestone, Doubloons

PostSubject: Re: Fan fiction on PotBS vault   Fan fiction on PotBS vault Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:56 pm

Thanks Jack, that's some compliment, especially among this crowd! That piece was a real lesson in the benefits of trying something different. I don't usually do that kind of broad comedy (well, after re-reading the opening the the "Early Post" thread in the Albatross, maybe I'm kidding myself!).

Anyway, this is good news. It's nice to see there will be support for people interested in developing RP elements beyond the in-game play.

Thanks Pasanda for all your work on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan fiction on PotBS vault   Fan fiction on PotBS vault Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan fiction on PotBS vault
Page 1 of 1