Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request Empty
PostSubject: Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request   Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 11:38 pm

Good Sirs,
As I've made my way to and fro amongst the French ports of the New World, I've heard time and again about a Society of noble gentles from the green lands of Ireland, Scotland, and my dear homeland of Wales. It is said that this Society sides with France against the oppression that is English expansionism.

If these tales are true, I would join you, if you will have me. I do not have a long list of victories to my name, having only recently acquired the funds needed to buy a captaincy on a small privateer sailing under a French letter of Marque.

OOC:
I live in Massachusetts and I'm an older gamer (let's just say I was old enough to play Space Invaders in bars). I've played most of the major MMOs and am currently active in EQ2 as well as POTBS.

My IC life is yet to be determined. I need to do some research on the Jacobites, but I'm playing a Welshman, so I need to learn how active they were in the movement, then flesh things out. I'm hoping I can learn from some of you, in addition to my own research.

I'm playing a Privateer.

I was *barely* in the POTBS beta, and frankly am still a bit confused about some of the things that set the game aside from your standard MMO fare.

Official Forum Name: Gillain

What is RP to me?: Generally speaking, RP is a state of mind. Of totally immersing myself in the world I'm playing in. I don't often get into long scripted RP stories...I prefer to RP more organically, letting adventures come as they will.

Why The Highland Confederacy?: It was pointed out to me by an acquaintance (Bognor) and it seemed like such a good idea from both a practical (I suspect the British and Pirate factions will be very crowded) and RP (this way we don't need to know French!) aspects. Plus you got me interested in an aspect of history I know very little about...that's pretty nifty.

And honestly, it didn't sound like the kind of society that was going to attract a lot of "leet dudes" or "game the system to win at any costs" types of players.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request   Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:25 am

Captain Rhydderch,

We of the Highland Confederacy are also in need of good men seeking to aid the cause of freedom. Let us join together to strike against those who would place our hearts in shackles.

Wilhelm von Somborn
Proprietor-General
The Highland Confederacy

OOC: I've added you as a recruit. I'm glad that you find us interesting, and the fact that we sparked some interest in some real world history is definitely a bonus. As for 1337s, they shall be shot at dawn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request   Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 6:58 am

Indeed a most warm welcome to ye Welshman!

It is good that you have found us, be it by your own account or pointed in the right direction by another does not matter! What matters is that we welcome many a good 'n fine soul, for in the short time i have come to know these men as well as women they are a fine sort indeed!

Feel free to look around and not to worry, the fact that ye know the Red Coats for what they truly are is more than enough cause for me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request   Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:39 pm

lol! I played space invader in bars too. Well, it was a bowlign alley but, there was a bar in the bowling alley.

I look forward to seeing you in game and perhaps in the Albatross to share a round or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request   Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mathias Rhydderch - Membership Request
Page 1 of 1