Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Flag, tell me what you think.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Flag, tell me what you think. Empty
PostSubject: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 3:50 pm

A Flag, tell me what you think. Hc_fla10

The above is an idea I had for a flag. And I wanted some oppinions on it from all of you then to just toss it up to the sharks. Originaly, I had thought about it for HC its self, but am not sure as to the policies concerning that.

Any way, I designed it to be clear and visable. This is just the initial itteration. So feel free to lambaste it all you please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 pm

One thing, (though I've got to tell you I don't get most of this photoshop stuff), I understand that the colors cannot be 'true' colors. They have to be toned down someway. Émile knows about that as does several other HCrs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:02 pm

And they've gotten quite picky over it, too... I used the same red on a Venetian flag design that I used on one or two others that had already been accepted, but it was rejected...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:27 pm

Jack is right, you want to avoid pure colors, and it is too saturated. If you use their color scheme and tone it down, it will look more like this;

A Flag, tell me what you think. Hcfla10ve5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 6:07 pm

Ahhh, thus a good reason to talke to you all. Well I do not have PS, instead I am using GIMP. I iknow PS well though, just cajn not buy a copy and wish not to be a scurvy dog (any more). So, adjust the saturation levels to wash out the colors a little.

With some tweeking I could probably get my colors closer to what they were...I was always good with colors in that regard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:20 pm

A Flag, tell me what you think. Hc_fla11 or A Flag, tell me what you think. Hc_fla12

Here it is, My first flag MK2. As you can see I have washed it out and Dirtied it up. Tell me what yah think? To faded...To dirty? Lambaste it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:48 pm

If you go to the forums on burningseas.com, Sadet has a great tutorial for using GIMP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:10 am

A Flag, tell me what you think. Hc_fla13

Well this was done with somnething else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:43 am

Speaking of flags, I have no idea how to make myself a flag, and neither does my uncle. Can someone please either tell me how to make one personally or make me one with the following?

I want a flag that has the Irish sign on it, a green background and a golden harp, but to customize it and add my own "flare" I would enjoy it if you could add a claymore behind the harp as a personal flag.

If someone could do this for me, it would be greatly appreciated. It would be appreciated even if you couldn't but tell me HOW to make one, but anyway, cheers:D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Flag, tell me what you think.   A Flag, tell me what you think. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Flag, tell me what you think.
Page 1 of 1