Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application: Argyll of Bute

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Application: Argyll of Bute Empty
PostSubject: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 10:41 am

In Character Section

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Greetings from Port o Bannatyne, Isle of Bute.

I write to you with an offer.
It is my understanding that you have serious intent to sail to the west indian islands with intention of conquering those islands against the name of the despicable crown of our beloved country.

It is my offer to undertake all manner of trade on behalf of you and yours with the aim to supply all that is neccessary to this end.

May Scotland be Free forever! May the shire of Bute remember my name!

Yours Sincerely

Argyll of Bute

Out of Character Section

Player Description: Argyll of Bute - my actual birth place in real life. And a personal friend of the late duke of argyll for nearly 15 years, is a trader and merchant, crafter and ship builder. I have always been into crafting and a grafter in games.

Official Forum Name: rugster (on PotBS forums)

Profession: Trader and Merchant, my remit will initially be to supply basic materials, later to supply specifics as needed or to build ships.

What is RP to you?
Roleplay to me is being the character without relating to any place or name outside of the world depicted by the "environment". I do not like pretence or drama however. Pretend rp which many people seem to prefer. I believe in being the character, but i cannot act a lie. So i do not use "ooc" and "ic" and such. To me, using such within a games environment is too far out of character. I don't like to use trade channels but if i do, i judge them to be outside of normal chat and therefore never in character. The ability to talk to multiple people over long distance is impossible for a long time to come in Potbs.

Why would you like to join the Highland Confederacy? I am expecting to start on the French Side of the game on release. And I would be playing with my own people. Although normally i would draw a line at the welsh. As they frighten me.

I am married with children, 38 and Scottish. With english Royal Navy schooling to boot. So i sound english.. but take grave offence if it is mentioned. 6 years service in the Queens own Highlanders, I am true and solid, a certifiable wall of stoic ambiverlence. Which means i don't run, and i don't stop. And even when it isn't my business, i make it my business. I will see the innocent protected and the unruly put down. In real life or ingame. And at 6' 7" and 22 stone not many disagree with me. Except women. Who love to argue Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:42 am

22 stone!!?? Bloody 'ell!!! I, for one, will stay out of your way when you're on the go...

(ooc:For those not accustom to UK units, a stone is usually 14 pounds. Which makes our friend the equivalent of a good sized offensive lineman.)

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:55 am

To put it bluntly, i fill half an average corridor. (width wise) Its funny you don't realise how "fat" you are until you look in the mirror or a window or other reflective..and when you do you purposefully remember not to do this in the future. In my eyes i am an angel slim and gorgous. In the eyes of others' eyes i am a monster barbarian both scary and threatening. Which also works Wink

I used to live just down the road from Cruachan (your ships name), which is the name of a mountain in argyll, northern end of loch awe. I name my ship after my island of Bute, upon which waves may crash but will never sunder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:40 pm

rugworm wrote:
To put it bluntly, i fill half an average corridor. (width wise) Its funny you don't realise how "fat" you are until you look in the mirror or a window or other reflective..and when you do you purposefully remember not to do this in the future. In my eyes i am an angel slim and gorgous. In the eyes of others' eyes i am a monster barbarian both scary and threatening. Which also works Wink

I used to live just down the road from Cruachan (your ships name), which is the name of a mountain in argyll, northern end of loch awe. I name my ship after my island of Bute, upon which waves may crash but will never sunder.

It seems the young Bognor, the offsping of a wayward Campbell lass who ended up married to a lowlander, spent much of his youth exploring Cruachan... Smile

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Captain Argyll,

You seem a straightforward man, and you know what you are after, so I will not bandy words. I believe we will get along together quite well. Victory shall be ours.

Wilhelm von Somborn
Proprietor-General
The Highland Confederacy

OOC (Yes, I do use that Razz ):

To be frank, you sound like an excellent addition to our society. One concern I do have is that you seem to be rather strict on RP. We do prefer society and group chat to be IC when possible, but there will likely be some times when a breach is required. I admit IC society wide chat is quite the stretch, but the alternative has far too many people ooc far too much. That said, we have a somewhat eclectic mix of rp veterans and novices in HC, and many of the later may have trouble staying ic all of the time, so I hope you can be patient with them as they learn. Rest assured Chuck Norris jokes (or whatever the current fad is) will not be tolerated. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:21 pm

I'm not strict as such, i just don't have the imagination to take part in that aspect of roleplay. I could never dress up in leather and wear a mask. But i could sit by and watch Smile and think "god this is wierd" I cannot pretend or act i suppose. I am just as i am. Pretence just isn't me. And i will do as i am bid. Follow orders so long as they don't break rules and obey without concern for my actions if they do not.

I don't like to talk about rl things in games. And i always try to be the person i am playing. But i can't pretend to be a jacobite, i can only be a scotsman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:31 pm

Fair enough.

(On a side note, I just noticed that I finally overtook Hamish's post count! Hurrah for me! Now I feel like the real leader... or something.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Just been reading some stuff on jacobites, seems alot was missing from my english schooling. Which depicted the jacobites as traitors, yet from what i've read it was not the stuarts that betrayed us but the lowland clans bought with english gold.

4000 stood against 4000 on cullodan, clan against clan, brother against brother. And behind them 5000 english.

If they had turned what then would our history have been. 8000 scots against 5000 english. A fight easily won.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 7:20 pm

You are so very right about that, but alas history is written by the "victor" as we all know!

Still i would like to say welcome to this place and i have read your tale with interest 'n such! I wholeheartedly agree that you will be a great addition to us all, and to that i offer a toast, mayhaps and most likely the start 'o many!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Argyll of Bute   Application: Argyll of Bute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application: Argyll of Bute
Page 1 of 1