Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application -- Mbate le Canomble

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Application -- Mbate le Canomble Empty
PostSubject: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 2:46 pm

IC Character section:

To the captains of the Highland Confederacy,

Having been taken from my village in West Africa some four years ago by Portuguese slavers, I have managed to escape, to become a member of the Candomble culture of Northern Brazil, and now vow to defeat the imperialist Portuguese, as well as the British and others who support this inhumane economic doctrine of slavery. French fishing vessels found and rescued me, and now I am determined to rise through the ranks of French society (as a privateer) to deliver vengeance upon those Europeans who have defiled my African people so abonimably. Witnessing the same deplorable treatment by the English towards the Welsh, Scottish, and Irish has led me to a strange spiritual solidarity with them in the quest for remediation. It is for this reason that I would request an audience with, and petition for membership into, the Highland Confederacy.

Not many of us are black (I would assume), meaning that my role will be largely novel to some. Nonetheless, I am patient, cunning, equally amenable to fighting other players as non-players ("damn all of them" is my motto) and am interested in supporting both the economy and the battle needs of any good society. Take me on as a comrade, and we shall crush the British bastards together.

With all due regards,

Mbate, "le Candomble"

-----------

Out of Character section:

Character name: Mbate le Candomble

Official Forum Name: Tillich or Mbate

Profession: Privateer

Understanding of RP: A way to make character development tied to history and imagination in such a manner that gameplay improves for everyone involved.

Why joining the HC?: This seems at first glance to be a nice guild of cool, medium-RP and mature players with whom I can have a good time in game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Greetings sir!

May i take the opporunity to extend a welcome hand to you! I was moved by your accounts as well as tales of your past,
i simply had to sit down and write this letter, eventhough the hour is way past midnight.
I am sure that you will find many a helping and friendly hand willing to aid you in your cause as well as that 'o the greater good!

Looking forward in seeing you and sailing with you in the West Indies as well as getting to know you better at some tavern's table somewhere...

Sincerely,

Henk Owl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:56 pm

ooc: love the backstory!

Bog
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:58 pm

Indeed, many have provided us with a taste 'o the days of old so to speak and i salute ye all for it!

Really gives character to any and all, and there is already a lot immersement...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Good Sir,

It would indeed be an honour and pleasure to serve beside you...as we too are most familiar with the tyranny of those dogs who call themselves Englishmen. Your cause is just and righteous and with God's graces, we shall sweep these vermin from the sea!

Regards,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Your write-up in the Copper Penny was amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:02 am

Bien merci. Those are kind words. Smile

I look forward to further correspondence with the Confederacy and am eager to meet some of you in-game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 4:51 am

If the Lord is willing, we shall! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Aye my Lord, welcome to the fight. I am the son of an escaped sugar slave and look forward to damning the Brittish by your side! Justice will prevail!

Ballymodan 'Whiskey Pete' Hagartys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:34 pm

We should all hunt together and rain vengeange upon our enemies, and a good deal 'o looting no doubt! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application -- Mbate le Canomble   Application -- Mbate le Canomble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application -- Mbate le Canomble
Page 1 of 1